The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
shortly

'Magic Mushroom' Drug May Improve Personality Long Term

I found this quite an interesting read & good to see some peer reviewed work being done. Not that it will change the legal status but its a start.

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Psychiatry/GeneralPsychiatry/28788

Primary source: Journal of Psychopharmacology

Source reference:

MacLean K, et al "Mystical experiences occasioned by the hallucinogen psilocybin lead to increases in the personality domain of openness" J Psychopharm 2011; DOI:10.1177/0269881111420188.

No surprises here.

They found no adverse effects from the drug exposure

And yet they still remain "the enemy"

This makes me feel much better about my gnome's fungi use of the past 11 years! :-D

Explains why they are so laid back and able to make new friends so easily... my gnome is just a little cautious with some people as he has been fooled by the wrong people before and taught them things they did not deserve to learn!

Great article!

It was exactly this (with good set, setting and even better friends) Australia Day 2007, and have never seen things the same since....seeing the move Avatar whilst coming down from my journey the next day was also another "trigger"(the way they lived with and recognized the importance of nature was inspiring), that has led me to a much more holistic and less materialistic pursuit of happiness / consciousness! It was the only time i have ever experimented with the substance, and despite my humbling experience (i find lots of entheo's can strip a man of his ego faster than anything), i have no plans to purposely ingest it again in the near future.....maybe save it for a mid life crisis or something down the track lol

Have to say my own personal story seems to confirm this study for me.

i tend to find 99% of the population boring and utterly useless anyway so i would go as far to say i totally agree, but the thing is it shouldnt be narrowed to mushrooms, i would say any drug...anything, even a coffee would improve this 99% of the populations personality, well it does in the short term, in the long term nobody really cares about this 99% of the populations long term personality anyway as nobody spends that long with them for obvious reasons.