The Corroboree
obtuse

Will Rekowski aka Gomaos has died.

Im pretty sure there is a massive Heimia scallywag in my old front garden back up in the northern suburbs that was one of his seedlings

He provided me and friends with so many wonderful plants, by the trayfull. Not to mention hours of amusement, advice and conversation that i was too shy to approach anyone else about.

It would have been great humane to see this thread as more of a tribute and memorial to this member, this real person, rather than a candidate for the 'bitches, gripes & degenerated threads' bin.

Torsten, I was a little taken aback from your comments, fair enough you didn't get along but i think you went too far.

oh man, I was going to hold my tongue, but this is just too much.

You should have.

Torsten, I was a little taken aback from your comments, fair enough you didn't get along but i think you went too far.

You should have.

Nothing said that I haven't also said to him personally and that would be news to the people who knew him. I think you also misinterpret the fact that he didn't get along with me as some sort of reciprocal thing. I tried to keep my admin duties separate from personal stuff, but he didn't see it that way. Once he left sab the whole thing would have been over for me if it wasn't for a select few memebrs at AE that kept him riled up. I never saw that as a reflection on him, but on the others. Creating, maintaining or accepting some sort of sanitised version of a person doesn't make any sense to me regardless of whether they are alive or dead. And while I accept that some others might want to do that to themselves, if they decide to attack others who don't then I'll butt in.

You know, I went through thse same thing last year when Denis died .... people pussyfooting around the negatives while exaggerating the positives. I loved him dearly, but it still annoyed me to the point where I had to tell a couple of people to snap out of it and get real. If you don't accept a person's faults and darker aspects then their lives don't make any sense.

• Like 2

Rest up Gom, I'll see you soon my friend. :)

Torsten - Please remove me as a member from this forum, let me know if this request is not enough to get the job done.

• Like 1

Everyone just relax. Damn.

Sad to hear Gomas has passed on. Only hope he passed away in a happy state and I one day hope too. Yes I remember his big fight with SAB and the guy called Ed someone on the forum once. This all happened before I met him in person. I had always imagined him to be a young bloke. I will never forget the first I met Gomas. It was during his big argument on the SAB forum. He mention that a certain member had connections and could arranged to have him killed. Anyway there was a meet on at the Brisbane Botanical gardens and I was able to make it. So here I was driving in the car park with my girlfriend at the time. The car park was pretty full and I was busy trying to find a park and not really paying attention to where I was driving. Suddenly my girlfriend yelled "look out" I almost ran down this old guy lurching across the driveway. He gave me a bit of a look and continued. I looked at my girlfreind and laugh and said jokenly" I bet that was Gomas". And you know what? It was Gomas. Bear in mind I had never seen the guy until the meet when everyone introduced themselves. I told my girlfreind, that if I ran him over, then the other people on the forum might have thought the guy he argued with really had got him.

What ever his faults were, I just accpeted him as he was and and really enjoyed looking at his garden and plants. He was always nice and generous to me and we would talk about different topics. Still smile when I remember the time he took mescaline and the catus man came running into his room, pushed him on the bed and held him down. I asked him if the catus man spoke to him and he said no, he just held me down.

RIP Brother. I for one will miss you and will always remember your kindness towards me and your stories.

Green Chemist.

He mention that a certain member had connections and could arranged to have him killed.

:blink:

He mention that a certain member had connections and could arranged to have him killed.

:blink:

It should be pointed out that Ed never said that. This was just Will's paranoia and later served as a way for him to justify his own reaction to the issue.

It's late but I would like to pay my respects to someone I think had an influence over the plant scene. Never met Gom but reading his posts over on AE he seemed like a knowledgable guy and highly regarded by many. I think it's always sad when someone with a connection to plants passess away. Condolences to his family and close friends.

R.I.P Gom!

cheers

hi again fiends

i know its been along time, anyways....

i was looking for some information about cacti today, and i obviously searched for some known contacts and this thread came up!!!!

sorry to have bumped this thread for some, however i have to say, i have no unwelcomed thoughts when i think of Gom, i had got some excellent plants from him in the past, and he was always upront with me, when i left brisabne i gave his son a silly mini motor bike, (you know thoses cheap shitty ones on ebay some 5-8 years ago) i gave this to Will's family coz i actually gave him back all the cacti i had bought from him, trusting i could get them back if i were to return in resonable time frame, well, i'm sstill not anywhere near australia, and i have absolutly no hard fellings, Will always offered a cup of coffee, in which i dont drink, and muttered some obscurities here and there in the process of making the coffee, i rememeber his garden very well, and refelction on this, i suppose the way his garden was illistrates how his mind was in some ways, crazy thoughts jutting out everywhere, but always a clear path to the result, (the plant requested), or perhaps the answer...

although i can say i did not know him well, i dont mind the parts he shared with me, well maybe not all of them, but in general he was and always will be a straight forward guy to me,

which leads me to the this.......

when i do return to the Australia, i will certainly be looking for some of his plants, to get some of my once appreciated strains in my garden at home again............

especially his monstrose, =)

peace and happy thoughts

• Like 1

shit i was out ov the country when this happened.

belated best wishes to G's family.