The Corroboree
Quetzalt

Trade/ purchase gone wrong?

So I take it that Teotz is now permanently banned, as the deadline of 11/11 has passed?

Cmon Teotz. Such a simple issue for you. I think your a pretty decent dude and your presence on these forums is posative.

So just sort your shit out...

Teotz has repeatedly stated that he would not mail the trade again unless he was reinstated. We explained to him that that is not how it works. Send first, then we may reinstate him. He was warned that if he made this threat again he would be banned. He was also told he would be banned for insulting/abusing EG if he did it again. Teotz decided to do both so he is now locked out of the forums.

I tend not to delete members anymore as it messes up the forum layout. I now restrict their posting and [so they can't use PM] I also lock them out by changing their password and email address. This is what has happened to teotz too. I doubt he will be back. While the technical possibility exists, I feel that he has burnt his bridges here and it would take too much for him to fix that. Then again, if he makes THAT much of an effort and becomes a different person sometime down the track then he would be better off creating a new identity anyway.

As for the trade, I am sure we can fix this somehow.

As for the trade, I am sure we can fix this somehow.

In Quetzalt's initial post, he mentioned he'd sent teotz $125 for plants & seeds. Typically we trade seeds amongst ourselves with no cash involved, unless in some cases it's bulk seeds of certain difficult to obtain varieties.

I've come up with a solution I believe that wont cost anybody anything, on & above what they might spend for certain seeds anyway.

I'll update this post after I work the solution with a few pm's.

• Like 5

Nice one, zelly. I'm happy to contribute if I can.

Zelly, im sure we both know you can sometimes have days when you have the sensitivity of a sledgehammer :P but i have an enormous respect of what you are doing right here and i appreciate it a lot. Quezalt is a very friendly person and im sure he´s worth it. Great move on your part. Thanks. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

Maybe quetzalt could post what he was supposed to receive and people could basically 'donate' something on that list if they have some spare? Especially if its mainly things like seeds, which people often have in excess, and are easy (cheap) to send. I really dont think teotz is going to do any more (if he actually sent anything in the first place) to rectify this.

Im guessing this is sort of what zelly had in mind

• Like 1

Nice one, zelly. I'm happy to contribute if I can.

Same here!

I have read the thread but cant remember if the order was itemised to the greater audience. Now due to the circumstances if all are OK with it then why not list what was ordered and perhaps we can pitch in to complete the order at the very least.

• Like 1

I know what he ordered but wont say till he does that himself (if he decides to). Its definately a legal plant in Quezalts country and in Teotz Country as well so no criminal act going on there.

I think he also ordered some seeds and im happy to offer some myself too.

Quezalt, what seeds are we talking about again please?

Quetzalt & I have been communicating & trading for 4-5 months now & yes he's a straight up kinda guy.

As with EG, I know the finer details of his cash trade with tootz and the seed portion is a miniscule portion of the total. IMHO tootz posted some outrageous, rip-off prices for his plants and its those, along with their shipping, that constitute the bulk of the cash 'trade'. Unfortunately those plants are of the type that struggle to survive even when packaged & shipped via 2-3 day priority mail, let alone a trip across the big pond to Europe.

My solution has nothing to do with other people offering up seeds or plants that he thought he was getting from tootz, but I'm confident when he posts the things he's looking for someone will have at least the seeds that can easily be sent.

I don't want to say too much until I've worked out some minor details with Q. I know he's busy with work & whatnot so it could be a few days before we hear from him.

While the things he ordered from teotz are unlikely to be available from aussies, maybe we can find people overseas who have these items and we can reimburse them with stuff we have. I'd be happy to cover at least half the value in question and there is plenty of choice I can offer.

What were the items again?

Quetzalt It look like you just got store credit :innocent_n:

Edited by eatfoo

Hey,

What can I say, I'm shocked at how good some people can be sometimes :worship::)

I was prepared to accept the loss. To be honnest I started this thread to call his attention that he couldn't do whatever he pleased cause somehow things were connected... I never thought they would be that much connected though and this just proves how strong this comunnity is :shroomer:

So thank you all for your support and kindness. The last thing I whant is my loss to be someone else's. But hey, what's really gain and loss ?

The order was for Sally "Luna and Paradox" plants + A.peregrina seeds.

Anyway, after considerating everybodies generosity (Torsten you're tempting me there :P), it seems that Zelly's Evil master plan solution has caught me :lol: - Settled - :worship:

Still, if someone could point me towards some viable A.peregrina seeds that would be great as I've been after those for ages...

Thank you all again, thumbs up for all of you, grand people... It's like being in the highway to "The Garden" :wub:

I think T is doing a nice thing to cover half of the cost as he sure pampered Teotz a lot and tolerated him, perhaps making some newer forum members to think he is a decent person to trade/buy/speak.

A brave and generous thing to do, to support Teotz, that is a given...

My opinion about teotz hasn't changed. I still think he is honest and passionate about ethnobotany. However, there is only so long that we can make special arrangements for him before everyone's patience runs out. Even he himself has recently repeatedly asked to be treated like everyone else. That's what we are doing now. Sadly teotz made some bad choices in this drama and has attacked those who wanted to help him rather than being cooperative.

I still think teotz will eventually ship that parcel again, but I also feel that Quetz shouldn't need to wait any longer. I also don't have the time to babysit teotz for the next 2 months, so I think this is the only acceptable outcome for everyone.

• Like 2

Yes, I thanks for everybody who's offering a practical solution to the problem. Really, you needn't to... I will go for Zelly's proposal as he approached me first and was able to convince me, beleive me or not, that I am doing him a favour :rolleyes:

Off course, should Teotz resolve the matter with me in the future, I'll have to ask Zelly a favour myself :wink:

T, I am not saying Teotz is a fraud. I am sure he is honest and passionate about ethnobotany. It's just that, from what I have seen of him, he never seemed to compromise anything on his part and egoism to archieve a better communication and earn the respect he so much yearns for.

I can mail Quetzalt some cactus seed or something, as we're both in europe.

This I will do to honour all I have earned and learnt from this great forum, sab.

Q, let me know if you are into sowing. Might have some other useful plant seed too.

Hmm. So that's what happened. I think teotz must have been banned from just about every forum on the internet by now. That man is a PR machine. His ego is of Hindenburgian proportions. Like the misbegotten blimp of yore, Teotz is probably a great way to fly but a public relations disaster. It's really funny to write this post, I've put thought into it because I've read his posts for years yet never bothered to post directly to him. I want to help, I get an impression that he is misunderstood but misunderstands at the same time and knows that he's misunderstood but doesn't know how to deal with the fact that he misunderstands haha. There is such a thing as being too self absorbed to the point where your actions and words become justified and you don't even recognize that you look deluded. I've seen people go through it before with inter-personal relationships and if you can't find the head space to address it yourself and be self critical, then you won't grow from it and that just sucks. It's super hard to do but you gotta try whatever way you can. I haven't seen what happens when people do this for decades of adulthood because I'm not old enough yet, but I guess that's who they become. Someone (Kurt Vonnegut) said something along the lines of "be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be". While Kurt's diagnosis might be a bit fatalistic, I think it might be a bit relevant. Sometimes I have the thought or even feeling that life is for all intents and purposes a game, a virtual reality, important and with meaning and solidity but a bit illusionary in an experiential sense. I guess this might be important when we write our own pages in our own history books.

Good luck, :)

• Like 1

Disagree, alot of us were brats when we were young. I cant say that Teoz "fuck the man" attitude is special in any way. I wouldnt find it a stretch to put myself in his shoes when i was was his age, i might have done something simular. Much less spectacular though.

Not sure what your trying to achieve with your post. Your either trying to describe Teoz as you see it (why now, who cares?) or you dislike him and are making thinly veiled insults.

Teoz seems like a decent dude to me, he did fuck up here, sure. But im strugling to see the relevence of your post. If you want to bitch him out his email is all over the forum.

Take it easy

• Like 2

Eatfoo, I'm not having a go at Teotz, to be honest I was just posting because I wanted to say something about it as I had seen his posts on the internet for years (I have been using the internet since the early 90s', I had an account here ages ago that I lost, I've probably been looking at this site and SAB for close on 8 or so years though I'm mostly a passive user, i.e. I don't post a lot).

My interest in Teotz stems from having seen that he is fundamentally solid a lot of the time and very volatile in a minority of cases and honestly, I'd like to see him stop getting banned from places as I feel that he spends a lot of time researching cacti and is a valuable contributor. Obviously behavior is a complex thing but I've seen people completely blow up over meaningless things before and cause lasting hurt to themselves and others and would like for him to help himself. I just thought I'd air my thoughts and hopes that he might be able to help himself one day instead of getting stuck in a behavior pattern that is destructive to relationships.

Kind regards.

tedz

I would like to thank Zelly for sorting me out erasing my loss and everyone else for their kind support.

• Like 2

well done zelly. let us know if there is something we can do for you in return.

Hi

It's been a year since the begin of the events in this thread and to my surprise there's been a follow up I ought to divulge. Well guess what, last month out the blue, I received a package with the forgotten items. Better late than never? So, in the end Teo redeemed himself... I will now contact Zelly to return his due. Any follow up, I leave in the hands of the administrators.

Regards

• Like 10