The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Amazonian

Hendrix fans. ABC 2 Sunday night.,18/9/11

For any-one interested....Sunday (tonight!!!) 18th September @ 8:30 pm... Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo child.

Voodoo Child is a revealing and highly entertaining 72-minute autobiography of the legendary acid-rock guitarist told in his own words (narrated by Funkadelic bassist Bootsy Collins) incorporating a plethora of previously unseen photographs and film footage from the Hendrix family archive to tell the story of a remarkable life.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/abc2/201109/programs/ZX6049A001D2011-09-18T203304.htm?program=Jimi%20Hendrix%20-%20Voodoo%20Child

Straight after that.. 9:45pm. same channel...Jimmi Hendrix- Live at Woodstock.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/abc2/201109/programs/ZX6050A001D2011-09-18T214700.htm?program=Jimi%20Hendrix%3A%20Live%20At%20Woodstock

• Like 2

So glad you posted this here otherwise I'd never even have known! Hardly watch any TV anymore.

And psilosophical, your avatar got me.... I tried to wipe the bug off my screen. :blush:

So glad you posted this here otherwise I'd never even have known! Hardly watch any TV anymore.

And psilosophical, your avatar got me.... I tried to wipe the bug off my screen. :blush:

my work here is done hehedevil.gif

I just watched the first program.... i was hoping that it would go into a little more detail hey.But I love seeing the old footage.... and the fashion, gotta luv that!.

Listening/watching to Jimmi at Woodstock now.... would have loved to have been there.

I LOVE Jimi Hendrix :D Had a +4ShulginScale experience listening to Jimi with my eyes shut and goddamn there he was, playing his heart out, face contorting with the music, sweat dripping his face. My ears now saw for my eyes; Jimi Hendrix playing for me on my friends open-air night-sky balcony. Tassles on his leather vest created jaw-dropping figures from sacred geometry to the revolutions of electrons around an atom's nucleus. I could've pretty much come right there.

I seen him & heard him too, he really is a voodoo chile.

I like to take a little walk when coming on to break myself in & once when I got back at dusk & things were starting to get wobbly, I saw a huge open eye vision of Jimi's face above my garden. I knew right then & there, better hang on tight, things would get hairy that night.... & they did!

It's nice to know that whereever you go, Jimi's been there too. hehe :devil:

Re the program: a little disappointing but I really enjoyed "Glastonbury" that was on a few weeks before at the same time.

Hell yeh! Hendrix is king...thanks Amaz! Its also on iview for those who missed it :)

Little wing blows my mind every time i hear it. Even moreso trying to play it. :BANGHEAD2: