The Corroboree
ubza_1234

latest pipe (image heavy)

i'm so glad to finnally get this one done and finished. there are of course a few lil things i would have liked to do, but when it was over 4 months in the making, (mainly cause i got sick of working on it) i can settle. i think it turned out great! when get around to selling this, it definitely wont be cheap.

ok here it goes...

PNt74.jpg

so here is the pipe. the main bulk of it is Acacia melanoxylon. the stem i'm not totally sure what type of wood it was from, because they were both originally going to be fire wood. i "think" one is red gum but i realy dont know. i have a feeling they are both gums. the darker wood was from my own back yard, the other was.. kinda.. stolen from a clients pile of fire wood. i'm sure if the client saw what i did with it, they wouldnt mind.

also, one of the metal cooling plates are visable. she is a changa pipe, what ever that is XP

VbOpT.jpg

here is a close up of one of the cooling plates. how does it work? underneath is a little tunnel that the smoke travels through. as it passes thru, it moves against the plate. the plate absorbs the heat to give a very cool smoke. it also adds a restriction to intake. this reduces the chance of coughing and gives the lungs a chance to adapt to the harsh smoke. engraved is a quote from our buddy terry ;) if it wast for these lil bastards, i would have finished this in under a month! :S

Tzx1k.jpg

shown here is the bowl lid, the bowl lid clasp and the storage lid. the brass clasp hold the bowl lid shut and the bowl lid holds the storage lid shut, because, why would you want to open the storage container without opening the bowl? the whole thing locks down tight so there is no accidental spills in transport. two burls are shown here as handles. the storage lid, when unlocked, pulls strait out while the bowl lid rotates, as shown in the next pic..

3WZWI.jpg

here you can see the open bowl and the storage lid. inside is a scoop to carefully eyeball what your putting into the bowl. seen also is the custom, large stainless steel mesh screen. (from a seive! XP)

lEZML.jpg

next, i showcase the stem. oooo... shiny..

l0MO1.jpg

a close up on one of the burls. shame my camera phone doesnt focus right :(

5Xo95.jpg

here is a lil lump, what could it be? can you guess children?

uV7AX.jpg

it's a lil stoker! with suck a large bowl, a stoker is a must because more often then not, it does not all burn evenly, even if you are quite careful with your lighting technique. so when you think its all up, give her one more stir and have another toke to be sure your not wasting any ;)

kPLAJ.jpg

it's quite hard to see, but the wood used is actually a burl too, with it's trippy swirling grain. also, the centre of that end of it is brass, coated with copper tubing. the copper is more visable under the wood handle.

2B1gb.jpg

and finally the second cooling plate. engraved is UBZA! the date it was finished, and the word, "ENJOY!"

that's it! hope you liked it.

• Like 6

thats awsome bro would be sick to use :-)

i forgot to mention, the other advantage with the cooling plates is you can romove them and scub them should you wish. The stem hole and the hole from the cooling pipes to the bowl are all strait lines so a pipe cleaner can be easily used :)

nice! good planing. i noticed the screws on the plate and thought that was a great idea.

Did you mean to write breath? Or is that a typo?

Other than that it's a nice pipe mate :lol:.

• Like 1

WOW!!!!! You have out done yourself on this one ubza. I love the grain and knots in the wood you chose and what a great design. A fantastic piece.

All the other work you have shown us at plant meets are amazing also . Top marks buddy :)

Cool and sophisticated piece of art! Really impressive

Amazing, well thought out, functional and artistic Great job

thats a kick ass pipe bro....

ugh..... bro its breathe you missed the E at the end.

but apart from that.. its awesome.

thats a fine piece of work :)

fucking really good effort, man thats amazing

look at what drugs make you do! hehehehahahah

hey guys, i wanna finnally start selling them. anyone know any good auction sites? i wanna sell it, but am afraid of selling to to people who dont get the art side of their creation yo know? i mean, if all i wanted was money, i'd prob just slap it on ebay, but you know...

anyway, any good auction sites?

SAB trade forum is a pretty good place for auctions :wink:

Probably where people would be more likely to appreciate the art and hard work that went into this piece. Id have a bid :)

ubza, you're a cooling plate - hahaa

breath is how i spell it 7baz :wink:

love

the horizontal in the aitch looks like an eye

Edited by etherealdrifter