The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Rev

Desmanthus root innoculant - go shares?

Its a rhizobium but a specific strain for desmanthus genus.

its a special order so costs more than usual

It costs $24 a pack (which does 50kg seed@!)

i dont need it all

email me (no PMs please)

if you need some

im think 1/2 doz or less to chip in

itd be your share plus express padded envelope

rev

[ 05. September 2005, 10:44: Message edited by: Rev ]

so, is it for desmanthus (as in the header) or desmodium (as in the text)?

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing Torsten. hehe.

LOL

yeah Desmanthus

:)

ill edit

cool, I'm in.

What's the name of the strain? My desmanthus haven't needed innocculant, but there are lots of other mimosoid legumes in my yard.

I'm curious... :)

strain is "desmanthus" ?!

there are huge numbers of diff strains manufactured

with each clover species being in one class or another, then all the soy beans and stylo etc

down the bottom under 'other' was desmanthus innoculum

also i totally agree with u on not being necessary in most cases but its been my experience and that of several thouh not all others in Oz that desmanthus has just failed to thrive in many cases

while i can plant an acacia pea or bean in most dirt and get nodules whatever goes with desmanthus must be a lot more rare here

[ 06. September 2005, 13:27: Message edited by: Rev ]

Rev:

also i totally agree with u on not being necessary in most cases but its been my experience and that of several thouh not all others in Oz that desmanthus has just failed to thrive in many cases

I can agree here

I gave up on desmanthus after growing heaps of seedlings that never went anywhere.

I don't have the time for this at the moment but I'm very interested to see how it turns out.

Ok the innoculum has arrived

its a bacterial culture on a moist peat carrier

the pack innoculates up to 50 kg seed

heres the instructions...

Slurry Innoculation

1.Prepare a slurry by mixing this pack of inocuklant into 1L itre of cool clean water, preferably containing Bio-care pelleting adhesive

2. Stir to ensure inoculant is thoroughly dispersed

3. Pour slurry over the correct weight of seed and mix until the seed is wet

Sow inoculated seed as soon as possible or within 24 hours. Inoculation can be done in a clean concrete mixer or similar vessel

PRECAUTIONS

Store this pack of inocualnt in a cool place. Do not store opened packs of inoculant. Do not use out of date innoculants

(note: im going to open under sterile conditions to be sure the inoculant is ok when split up)

cost was less than thought

only $16

ill split it and add express postage

if youcve registered interest here then youll be notified shortly

rev

sorry to unearth a very old post yet again ;) but what i've gathered from these old threads is that desmanthus illinoensis is quite hard to grow? can anybody share some of there experiences growing the bundleflower? i had 12 germinate out of 16 a few days ago, should i expect some difficulty in the coming weeks? theres not an awful lot of helpful information out there about this plant!

on an unrelated note, in a typical acid base extraction (performed somewhere that ist legal) on a plant that contains n,n-dmt 5-meo-dmt bufotenine and gramine, it would only be the n,n dmt and the 5-meo that made it into the final product wouldnt it?

i hold the view that gramine is not as soluble in naphta (shellite) as the other actives, so in a way you might leave the gramine behind this way, to some unknown degree.

but nobody so far has confirmed this way of thinking.

anyway, i always wondered why de korne was so happy with his phalaris extraction although phalaris contains a lot of gramine, so i checked the solubileties of those various alkaloids and came up with this theory.

i worked once with phalaris, and it seemed to be ok material to work with.

why do you think uncle, why the gramine would stay behind? after all it's an akaloid like the others and would be extracted via an a/b.

if you can get soil from around the roots,pref including some roots and nodules of a mature similar legume you can try using that as an inoculant .i've found it helps.

possums finished mine off at 4yo.

t s t .

i dont really have a scientific reason for it, i just seem to remember hearing that gramine and bufo(maybe?) are insoluble in typically used a/b solvents, like shellite(naptha). does this sound familiar to anyone else? not really sure how much bufo and gramine are actually in desmanthus root but i guess theres only one way to find out..