The Corroboree
Dolos

Vics soon to loose their bongs

BONGS will be banned from next year as the State Government stamps out contradictory laws that allow the sale of the marijuana-smoking devices across the state.

Businesses - including many displaying bongs visible from footpaths in Melbourne's CBD - will be given until the end of this year to phase out the sale of bongs before fines of up to $1465 are imposed.

Despite cannabis being illegal, the water pipes used to smoke it are freely available in stores displaying them with small signs waiving responsibility for their use by stating they are "for tobacco use only".

Minister for Mental Health Mary Wooldridge will introduce legislation in Parliament tomorrow outlawing the sale, display and supply of bongs in Victorian shops from the start of next year, aimed at ending the mixed message about the danger and illegality of marijuana.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/loophole-closed-for-marijuana-smoking-devices/story-fn7x8me2-1226123972438

Best stock up.....

Welcome to SA lol

Now places down here sell them as "water pourers"

can see alot of bongs going under Christmas trees this year.....

Apparently theres abig push by supplier and manufacturers to move

the market into higher end peices, that cost way more and

look simply stunning.

Enormous glass pieces, that are easily passed as decorative hookah

etc and get around the law. The fact that these enormous, gorgeous and expensive

pieces do not need or include a separate stem, further helps to justify them as

works of art, display pieces, flower vase etc :devil:

Maybe a whole lof of Vaporisers are due to get sold..

lol

:BANGHEAD2: ...not much else to it

Well.. the ban has only hindered the availability of bongs in SA, it certainly hasn't stopped them.

Yeah there was about 6 months after where you couldn't buy or find any anywhere, then they slowly started popping up. The ban put smoke signals out of business though :( that shop was awesome

Ohhh wtf...And I thought we were moving ever so slightly forward with the cannabis movement. I despise Australia's over control and 'babying' of the general population...God damn politicians.

• Like 1

I don't use, but really, what's the point of this?

After all,

10185026-mix-juice-with-orange-juice-in-a-plastic-bottle.jpg

....................+

7541if2_19.jpeg

....................+

tin-foil_365.jpg

....................=

0518-OSPEW-europe-air_full_600.jpg

I don't use, but really, what's the point of this?

plastics outgas various noxious chemicals when exposed to high temperature gases. It's the worked glass that you are paying for - ever tried putting a hole in a glass bottle? Bongs I can do without, lets hope they don't smarten up to the next generation of devices too soon...

I vote to ban the Suit. It has caused much more harm than any bong has... :P

lol

just the sheer thought of that made me laugh, i wonder what self important business men would wear otherwise to display their wealth.

WoodDragon exactly. Banning the availability of more health conscious smoking implements only leads people to use devices that are more carcinogenic.

plastics outgas various noxious chemicals when exposed to high temperature gases.

Needle exchanges provide harm minimisation for intravenous drug users.

Here is a link to the City of Melbourne's website, where it is states:

The City of Melbourne recognises the importance of addressing issues relating to both legal and illicit drug use and is working to minimise the social, economic and health-related harms associated with problem drug and alcohol use for individuals and the wider community.

The City of Melbourne Strategy for a Safer City 2007-2010 addresses safety and responses to drug and alcohol issues. The City of Melbourne values the support and commitment of services providers and community groups in carrying out this strategy.

and

Harm reduction is about treating problematic drug use as a public health, rather than a criminal justice issue. It aims to maximise the health and wellbeing of individuals, their families and the community as a whole.

People aren't going to stop smoking pot... this "initiative" is simply going to force people into making a bong as per Wooddragon's instructions. I'm not sure of the scientific explanation, but from experience of smoking out of both glass/ceramic bongs (in the past) and also out of home-made gatorade bongs, I know which one feels like its doing more harm to the body.

Bad, backwards news!!! :BANGHEAD2:

ever tried putting a hole in a glass bottle?

Not in a glass bottle, but I've done it in sheet glass.

A little well of putty, some water or light oil, carborundum grit, and a copper pipe in a drill, and Bob's your uncle. It takes a little skill to get the carborundum to embed in the end of the pipe, and cutting shallow grooves in the business end of the copper helps, but once you've worked it out cutting a hole is easy. Just keep things cool, and don't apply too much pressure.

The handy thing is that afterward you'd have a pipe that fits the hole...

Not to mention the damage this will cause to the greater community. The average household will lose 2 feet from the length of their front garden hose each calendar year.

Within a decade, the average citizen will be unable to water the roses at their fence line, leading to unsightly, shrivelled bushes which will in turn push down the median house prices.

Banks will begin to foreclose on mortgage holders whose properties are no longer valuable enough to be considered security for their loans.

Thousands of evicted mortgage holders will begin to roam the streets of Melbourne, attacking and eating the brains of honest, wealthy citizens and the fear generated will be used as an excuse to create a military government to impose sundown curfews and exterminate any citizens displaying suspicious behaviour, such as smiling and making eye contact.

all because the sale of bongs was prohibited in 2012.

Shush dude... you'll jinx us! :wink:

lol

just the sheer thought of that made me laugh, i wonder what self important business men would wear otherwise to display their wealth.

product-enlarged.jpg

:P

this is the very thin line of bullshit that governs our very existence and it fucking stinks.

ban bongs.. then next year it will be illegal to posses a bong with hefty fines.

see the trickery they use ? they fully know in advance there will be last minute rush of a massive bong sell out knowing thousands will end up in homes.

then they just make more money out of you and jam up the courts all because you own a frigging glass bottle that harms no one in society apart from yourself ( the user )

so one got to wonder , does this extend to the usage of medical weed ?

Take your focus and energy off of them, and move it to everybody else. Easier said than done I know, but I truly think that it's the answer.

Seriously, just think what would happen if only 1/4 of the population ditched their TVs and started having street parties...

Tops new 4$ plastic hand cigarrette roller [adjust-a-roll]has a simple but ingenious way to get the compaction wanted.

If using a leaf thats dried by yourself the small diameter setting might be of interest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe Eric Cartman from South Park the TV animation wrote following.

http://www.cigaretterollingmachines.net/29/top-adjust-a-roll-adjustable-thickness-cigarette-rolling-machine-70mm/

[Product DescriptionThe TOP Adjust-A-Roll lets you change the broadness of your ended cigarette. Perfect for uncouth and crinkly material. With a ultimate 4 steps, you crapper attain the calibre and property you crapper not intend with the tralatitious assistance actuation method. The termination is a dead pronounceable fag every time, with peak smokibility, peak try and lowercase lost tobacco. . . . solon >>]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Cartman

http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/characters/eric-cartman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Such a thing would never happen if he been watching [squidbillies is an animated television series about the Cuylers, an impoverished family of anthropomorphic hillbilly squids living in the Appalachian region of North Georgia's ..].

http://thesquidbillies.com/

[Little did we know, a family of squids were stranded in the North Georgia Mountains. The squids are still adapting to a world of fighting, feuding, and fornication. They are the Squidbillies.]

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/squidbillies/285165

But squids don't live long so[squidbillys.tv expired on 07/20/2011 and is pending renewal or deletion]

Edited by devance