The Corroboree
Torsten

eatfoo has been suspended for abuse of reputation system

I'd love to see the posts where I whine about the Forums and you T?

"CONGRATS YOU'VE BEEN DUPED IT'S JUST ANOTHER DRUG FORUM!!!! "

"no-one's got any balls around here anymore"

Nice one on the "Mental Disorder" too ya judgmental ass! Torsten has NO IDEA where I'm at, as I don't have a mental disorder.

"Population reduction,Control,Numbing down those the Elite deem useless or useful,depending on what "they' want..probably YOU!

WE have to De-Rail this thing,

United we stand Divided we fall....that's what they are counting on.

Sorry for the outburst but shit so many people are just not getting the message"

Just one of many paranoid rants of eugenics and other conspiracy theories. In fact, you've covered them all over the last few months - a good indication of an unsound mind.

I have always been open about my life here, and now it is being used against me

yeah, ignore the fact you abused MY trust and shafted me. Insiead you make it all about you and your supposed victimisation. Pathetic.

I merely commented on the rating system and my take on it

Do you even read your posts before you comment on them? You seem to forget what you posted just a few posts up [as was also pointed out by someone in this thread].

I do however have a problem with censorship and freedom of speech.

And I have a problem with paranoid trolls using this forum as an off topic soap box. This forum does not guarantee free speech. Free speech always brings the level down to the lwoest common denominator, which at the moment is all about conspiracies. People who do not get an audience elsewhere wil take whatever opportunity they get to peddle their tripe. There is a reason this forum has a well above average signal to noise ration and that's because we don't tolerate noise.

..oh and judgement for that which one only has part of the story and blurting out this assumption as if it were the truth.....you know not!

Unlike when you accused my partner of poly drug abuse or myself of looking for a crutch? I am just dishing out what you have previously done. Seems like you can't handle that.

This post may earn me a burn notice which would be a shame in lot's of ways, but if I can't speak freely and be treated equally,then this place is not a "Forum" by definition.

I know you like to reinvent definitions as is evident by your absurd definition of the word 'paranoia' [above], so I am puzzled by what this one is supposed to mean. I presume you don't mean to redfine the word 'internet-forum', because obviously that's exactly what we are. So you are probably looking at the origin of the word forum itself, which indicates a weakness in your latin. Forum actually means marketplace.

Either way the Truth Shall Set Me Free.

Actually, you're what I would call a zombie. I was going to boot you months ago, but didn't at the request of a mutual friend of ours who was concerned for your welfare. We're tightening the troll factor at this forum as it got way out of hand with hutch and a few others and all involved have been put on notice. Given that you complain so much about this place and the people here I presume you are just waiting to be vindicated about your prediction that the evil emperor will abuse his powers against the innocent trolls. you know what? I don't care. I only get to spend about 20 mins a day on the forums and the last thing I want to deal with is the crap you and the other trolls pollute this forum with. If that makes it "a club with rules" then fine. At least it's a club worth coming to.

• Like 4

I've never minded people posting conspiracy theories, just when they start insulting us for questioning those conspiracies.

I seriously hope no-one gets banned or leaves and I really hope people stop taking things so personally.

• Like 5

I seriously hope no-one gets banned or leaves and I really hope people stop taking things so personally.

Including Torsten?

• Like 1

i'm tempted to quote everything in this thread and say aww.. i lubs you all anyway :wink:

• Like 1

i'm tempted to quote everything in this thread and say aww.. i lubs you all anyway :wink:

Including Torsten? B)

The events of the last few days just made me decide to level with you because at the current rate you're out of here pretty soon.

• Like 1

Including Torsten?

Especially Torsten seeing as he's the one with the power.

I'm not taking sides here, mainly because we're all on the same side anyway, when we fight with each other we're only fighting ourselves. We're much more than a forum here, we're a community.

• Like 6

Well good!

I feel that everything will work out in the end anyway as long as no-one gets banned. Ban all you want for self incriminating but I personally haven't really seen proper deliberate trolling since hutch or svarg.

Including Torsten? B)

The events of the last few days just made me decide to level with you because at the current rate you're out of here pretty soon.

if you're going to take this issue selectively public then lets take the whole thing public.

I've never minded people posting conspiracy theories, just when they start insulting us for questioning those conspiracies

That's pretty much it. The other issue is also quantity. When people post such topics in weekly new threads and turn every other discussion into that topic so that in the end half the threads end in the same discussion. That's a problem too and that's a pretty big issue we've been having here for quite a number of months and which is coming to an end rapidly even if we have to lose a few members. We are losing far more valuable members by being dragged down this way. When every scientific discussion ends in conspiracy drivel then those people posting and discussing the original topic often very quickly tire of the direction these topics go and ultimately [after a few weeks or months] leave.

When SAB used to be the only forum I felt an obligation to make sure no one was excluded. I have no problem excluding people who the mods or I feel drag down the quality of the forums and who are been given as reason for other people leaving. I also have no problem letting go of people who waste a lot of my and the mods' time. None of us get paid for doing this and we have no obligation to nanny those who waste our time.

In particular we are keeping a close eye on members who do not contribute much in the core areas of this forum, but instead mostly use it as a soapbox. From a mod/admin perspective there is at least a trade off when high quality contributors also muck up, but we just don't see the point to put up with that when there is no trade off.

Synchromesh is picking up where hutch left off, but I can assure everyone that things will move considerably faster this time. I had asked him privately to be aware of the problem, but instead of taking that onboard he has become argumentative and has posted about it publically. Not unexpected really.

Due to time constraints I only get to spend about 20mins per day on these forums and if the issues directly connected to a particular person take up a major portion of my forum time then I am going to get annoyed pretty quickly. Ditto for the mods in chill. I just don't get why anyone expects that there are people who need to clean up after them. From now on, if you can't be a valuable contributor without abusing the forum in some way or another then you are simply not welcome.

• Like 3

Distracted - I completely agree that this is a community. What I don't agree with however is that Torsten is the creator and owner of it... he is simply one of its several facilitators.

"A community is like a ship; everyone ought to be prepared to take the helm."

- Henrik Ibsen

(No, Torsten, this isn't a threat!)

Edited by synchromesh

What I don't agree with however is that Torsten is the creator and owner of it... he is simply one of its several facilitators.

yes, one of the biggest resources of such a community are the members. However, it doesn't matter how good the members are, if there isn't a stable framework in place then all goes to waste. I provide that stable framework [which is why we are 11 years old and the second oldest ethnobotany forum in the world]. That includes the server and software, but also the financial and management stability. Without such stability this forum would have likely gone the same way that most other forums have gone over time. 4 years of EA were lost when that team crashed. 6 years of Spiritplants was lost when the owner decided to take a holiday and forget about plants for a while. you want to take the helm? being such a model of stability yourself I wonder how long you'd last.

And for that input I provide I also set certain requirements. These requirements have also allowed this forum to attract some of the best contributors in the field. There is a reason for all of that - and syncro, YOU are NOT it. In fact pretty much the only time I hear people complain about me or the forums is from those who are not substantive contributors [or at least no longer are] and those who have tried to change the format or tone of the forums. Fuck off and make your own forum if you don't like how this place is run. Maybe if you spent the time and effort on something constructive like that you wouldn't have time to post so much tripe.

• Like 7

Okay, so you finance the forum, and then you check in on it 20 minutes a day (like you told me)? Who else couldn't do this?

So sorry for not being on your Top 10 list. I've got a secret for ya though: it was never my fuckin' ambition mate!

By the way, I'm not sure if you realize this, Torsten, but this community does not need SAB to survive... Haven't you noticed the amount of meet-ups which this group of people have? Well then, it should tell you something...

To all of the people who respect the 1000+ contributions I've made: You are very welcome!

• Like 4

Okay, so you finance the forum, and then you check in on it 20 minutes a day (like you told me)? Who else couldn't do this?

it isnt about who else couldnt do it, its about who is doing it... I respect what you do as much as what Torst does, Providing much needed help in a dying society...

i wont argue who does more than the others as i havent been around long enough, but, i know Torst and SAB has helped me more than any other forum ever has. If it wasn't for SAB i doubt i would know anything, literally, this site just sparked my interest.. Whilst other sites did nothing for me... I knew what i was looking for just not where i belonged... i know now, i hope :P

Power, given and taken away by the people.. No one except i chooses how powerful someone is to me.. a quote i guess by me :P ... i always thought we was having a coffee at a hosts house? :) .. Torsten being the host, supplying coffee refills and cigs to those in need and new to this whole "plant stuff".

Would you cause a scene in Torsten's lounge room if you heard him talking shit about u behind your back? doubtful, i think you would pull him aside and talk your shit out.. Unless u purely have no respect for Torsten or his living room.

Also, i never really took note of the +/- thing, just noticed now after seeing mescalito's SS... does it affect me or my account in someway? does it reflect against me if i have a +/-?

Edited by FungiFriend
  • Like 1

Testing

Be careful with that word "Power" Distracted hey, I'm not attacking you but merely warning you of the fact that when you say things like this about others you give yours away.

Basically I haven't really attacked anyone in the "Text-Book" sense as most here like to refer to.

I have been defensive definitely and for good reason....namely discrimination.

Perception is everything :wink:

If it wasn't for us well I hate to say it, but Torsten would be alone in this so-called word "Power" and the very concept would be non-existent if only in his own mind(is that a mental condition? :scratchhead:).

It takes fuel to make fire.

I see this is where most inputs here hold him?

Some Regimes of the past were built on this very concept,one in particular comes to mind.

Such a pity that you have missed the power within...you know, speak up NOW or forever hold your peace and that shit.

"Knowledge will give you power, but character respect."

Jun Fan Lee

Character cannot be defined as easily as some here might think.After all do you know who I helped today that no-one else would dare?

For someone who apparently has been meditating everyday for most of their life....you have long way to go grasshopper....I never said I do it everyday, it was an observation from doing it in the past that was really helpful and calming and one merely just a suggestion to try to help but YOU attacked ME in a derogatory fashion,setting a precedent for a free-for-all on me!

This is but one example,there are many.

I don't see why I should address the aforementioned out of context "Quotes" because there are no links for others to check out and see the posts for what the intention was really about.

I am however more interested in why you felt it necessary to spend your precious 20 mins finding them?

As for the "I trust you no more" in that thread,well if I was another member, then I would be asking why this info was not disclosed to them as it was in a protected forum.....I'd be pissed at you for holding back the facts and playing me if I was them.

As for bringing a mutual friend into this discussion that they themselves can at anytime contribute to or message me over...well this is just another attempt to disparate a close friendship and make a "poor me,made an exception,think yourself lucky" statement for your followers to run off.Piss-Weak to say the least.

I will email this person and let them know that my situation is OK and I don't need an exception.

My Latin's fine too BTW it is second nature to me....so many different things go on at a market place, but see we speak modern Australian here and as such the Latin meaning has little bearing these days as common sense prevails in general communication.

Oh so you want to take the whole thing public!

OK then:

I take it you're tight with mesc and that's fine. I can't see him being around for long as the only reason I didn't boot him a few months ago was becuase I wanted to make sure he still has access to his support network while going through his drug problem. This was down to a personal request from a close mutual friend. But my pateince is runnign out and it doesn't seem he is going to snap out of it, so it's not going to be long I presume. Like I said, I want to spend my 20 mins a day here doing what I love, not looking after people who are just trying to ruin my work. This is after all not a public forum, it is MY forum.

t

And finally:

post-300-0-32525500-1314719233_thumb.jpg

This is where I get confused as it clearly says "Reputation" not "Content".

Also as people feel the need to refer to dictionary meanings:

noun 1.the estimation in which a person or thing is held, especially by the community or the public generally; repute: a man of good reputation. 2.favorable repute; good name: to ruin one's reputation by misconduct. 3.a favorable and publicly recognized name or standing for merit, achievement, reliability, etc.: to build up a reputation. 4.the estimation or name of being, having, having done, etc., something specified: He has the reputation of being a shrewd businessman. Origin:

1325–75; Middle English reputacioun repute) + -iōn- -ion

Related formsrep·u·ta·tion·al, adjective self-rep·u·ta·tion, noun

Synonyms

1. regard, name. Reputation, character are often confused. Reputation, however, is the word which refers to the position one occupies or the standing that one has in the opinion of others, in respect to attainments, integrity, and the like: a fine reputation; a reputation for honesty. Character is the combination of moral and other traits which make one the kind of person one actually is (as contrasted with what others think of one): Honesty is an outstanding trait of his character. 2. fame, distinction, renown, esteem, honor, recognition. 3. See credit.

This to me has nothing to do with keeping a thread tidy but exactly what it says above.

Quote:Torsten" Maybe if you spent the time and effort on something constructive like that you wouldn't have time to post so much tripe."

Maybe if you had spent the time and effort some here have understanding how the BIG picture is unfolding, you would realise that your venture here may very well come to an almighty halt.

You can't buy fresh milk,the H1N1 injections are proven to cause,measles,infections,Autism and DEATHS.

Aspartame,flouride and where it comes from, who funds the medical industry?...the very group that has put me into my current fight!

The Codex Alimentarius may very well end ALL your efforts....so who ya gonna call then?

This is all REAL not Conspiracy,you and others just don't want to know and feel safe labeling.

Ask Slybacon.

Better yet ask him if Eugenics,H1N1problems,Chemtrails,HAARP etc is happening NOW.

Sorry Sly but you're not in the spotlight here and I understand why....but you will never reach most of this group.

In fact tune in right now HERE!

It's being discussed right this minute!

DSC01329.JPG

DSC01329.JPG

Edited by mescalito
  • Like 2

Double post as the stupid thing said I need to post a thread?

Edited by mescalito

Mescalito, would u mind taking it back to PM? ... seems somewhat personal to be talking about out here... Both in regards to the people involved and to this site...

No one looks good in a public fight ~_~ ...

*goes back to the dark corner with popcorn*

sorry guys, just my 2c... *hides from da big pplz and issues that aint mine*...

Ignorance is bliss... damn, i just wanna know aliens exist before i die :rolleyes:

Edited by FungiFriend
  • Like 1

I was never PM'd

Edit:As for personal well I wasn't the one sprouting that I have a drug problem..which I will repeat.

I DON'T!

Edited by mescalito

That sucks, not being PM'd when being talked about... never said u had one and its not for me or anyone else on this forum to discuss unless they/i know you or whoever it is that was being referred to in this thread..

i just believe the public doesnt need to know anything about this. Seems like an issue between some friends/guys rather than a site/community issue... in which case, i feel like i know way too much about torsten, you and a couple other people in this thread.. Does feel nice tho to get to know the community in a sense...

Just, yea... i feel kinda odd right now in the forum, i dont like knowing other peoples business :puke: but, like all humans, am drawn to watch...

Please, for my own curiosities good, be the bigger man and PM!! :P

well, mescalito, I'd ban you in less than a heartbeat for your absurdly detracting protests

i mean, how much time do you actually put into whining about this topic?

i think you are hurting your own cause and are best off starting your own forum where you can do what you want

i think you are being petty and childish, that is my opinion and you should probably neg me for it

what good is going to come from all this complaining?

is that all you have to contribute now?

If you don't like it here leave, you will not lose friends by not being here, but at this rate you may lose a lot of respect by staying here with this attitude, you seem like you have heart, maybe that is why you are so butt hurt over trivial shit online?

If i felt like you did, i would leave the board voluntarily.

• Like 5

^ Ease up, he complains cause he cares... Im sure thats why this has been allowed to continue..

• Like 2