The Corroboree
Torsten

eatfoo has been suspended for abuse of reputation system

Wouldn't a Star Rating in the list of POSTS make more sense?

That's what other more friendly,less-judgemental an open-minded Forums have :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

you seem to enjoy being here so why have a dig like that?

there are lots of ways that a rating system could be implemented better, but as far as being technically feasible? in the scheme of things this is a backwater forum, can anyone give links to forums with a much better system? are any of them on the same forum engine? i just think, giants like facebook etc could work 1000 times better so why expect this forum which is funded and tweaked by just one person to be so much better than it already is?

• Like 2

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

you seem to enjoy being here so why have a dig like that?

there are lots of ways that a rating system could be implemented better, but as far as being technically feasible? in the scheme of things this is a backwater forum, can anyone give links to forums with a much better system? are any of them on the same forum engine? i just think, giants like facebook etc could work 1000 times better so why expect this forum which is funded and tweaked by just one person to be so much better than it already is?

Umm well I used to "enjoy" being here as it was once a harmonious group of loving people who would have no problem spending hours replying to just one persons post,regardless of whether or not a similar post had been put forth.

It seems nowadays there are a lot of "I WANT IT NOW and I WANT IT MY WAY" types.

From now on I will Negatize ANY thread with the word FACEBOOK in it..well that's what you mean isn't it?

Why would I go out of my way to link to other sites that I visit when T knows very well that a star rating is possible,workable and cannot be misunderstood?

Invision Power Boards see loaded with features and I even provided a link :P

Simple Machines forums have this feature!!!!!

To save time maybe you should have just all negged me!

But then this thread would look bad and be lost and your voice and the content in this thread would suffer too.

Personally, I know I'm sick of seeing certain people's posts Negged simply because they are being picked on and eventually have an overdue outburst.....especially when it pertains to something that the "Neggers" have no time, nor understanding of.This in my opinion is an impingement in their right to speak freely.

You know who you are,both sides that is!

There is a personal messenger service and it's free for all to use,save making an example out of someone.

Lack of using this feature actually back-fired not so long ago until it was too late, so I didn't reply...why should I?

I posted in the thread instead for all to see.

I, like some others here, took these "ratings" as personal attacks.

And frankly Thunder I still do have friends here I like to check in on and I am still into Ethnobotany.

I don't post anything in this area because RIGHT NOW my personal life is as full as it get's and I have nothing to contribute....but I will always drop in some thought provoking material or pertinent news I find that hasn't been posted as I have friends here that relate to "those" posts...it is called 'Chiil Space" for a reason-Check my post stats ;)

Being labelled and called names doesn't bother me at all.

In fact I find it character building, but I will always defend my mates by posting rather than lazy button pushing especially if I know they are having a rough time or better still to knock down some tall poppies areshole opinions.

:lol:

• Like 3

I personally pos/neg a post when I feel that it adds to/detracts from the entire thread. I don't do it to make someone feel good or bad about their comment necessarily; I do it for others who will come looking for good, constructive discussion and information in the future.

• Like 1

and that's where i think it becomes misused/misinterpreted, symbiate, i reckon you've got it sussed.

Invision Power Boards see loaded with features and I even provided a link :P

Oh thank you for the link. Would have never realised these features existed without your invaluable input. Oh wait, we already run the latest stable version of IPB and we already had the star rating feature years ago, but like every other system it got abused and hence restricted to moderators only. Moving to Simplemachines is also a great idea :BANGHEAD2: . never mind the way this screws up 10 years worth of content and how it loses the gallery - just as long as we get those little stars so the trolls can fight over another feature. You think you're so clever, when in fact you've got no idea how your horizon is so close you're likely to bump your head on it.

To save time maybe you should have just all negged me!

Thanks for the reminder.

Someone less paranoid would probably think it's about content not personal attack and thus adjust their content. It's easier though to pretend its just a personal attack and that here is nothing wrong with the content.

but I will always drop in some thought provoking material or pertinent news

Good to know that at least you think of it that way. I thought you only came here to spread negativity, criticise the forum and whinge about being victimised. Maybe I missed some posts :scratchhead:

• Like 4

The idea that the rating system facilities personal attacks seems kind of absurdly paranoid to me.

I can honestly say I never felt that I was being attacked, I see taking people too seriously as being incredibly petty, especially when it relates to online behavior.

Torsten, you are fucking hilarious when you are a smart ass.

• Like 2

The idea that the rating system facilities personal attacks seems kind of absurdly paranoid to me.

I can honestly say I never felt that I was being attacked, I see taking people too seriously as being incredibly petty, especially when it relates to online behavior.

Torsten, you are fucking hilarious when you are a smart ass.

It's not harassment to negatise every single post by somebody? Fair enough... :scratchhead: Why are you happy with eatfoo being suspended then, Archaea?

Someone less paranoid would probably think it's about content not personal attack and thus adjust their content. It's easier though to pretend its just a personal attack and that here is nothing wrong with the content.

Uh, didn't you just suspend eatfoo for personal attacks?!

but I will always drop in some thought provoking material or pertinent news

Good to know that at least you think of it that way. I thought you only came here to spread negativity, criticise the forum and whinge about being victimised. Maybe I missed some posts :scratchhead:

Way to treat a devoted member, guy! :rolleyes:

I am just sick of people calling other people paranoid. Because you know what? It's a good fucking day and age to be paranoid!

Edited by synchromesh
  • Like 2

If you read my posts in this thread you will read that I think admin here is cool and support their decisions, but I did say that a ban seemed harsh and that I thought that being immature was punishment enough. Honestly, I would not have even noticed that eatfoo did that to my posts if not for this thread.

As for harassment, no I do not feel that what he did equates to harassment, it is a lot like a temper tantrum more than anything, and perhaps that does warrant someone to act like an adult. Torsten should not have to act like our parent, his time and energy is clearly better off being directed at something other than childish behavior and people whining about whatnot.

I am autistic and am blunt, maybe that does make me an asshole, I am used to people disliking me or disagreeing with me, I have no plans to complain about it unless someone does actually harass me in a slanderous or disruptive manner. Come to think of it, I am kind of childish too, that tends to be why I think being immature is punishment enough, I am immature enough to understand that.

But it does occur to me that if some members put as much effort into contributing as they do into complaining then there would be a whole lot less to complain about.

Edited by Archaea
  • Like 2

nope, he got suspended for abusing the ratings system. I thought this thread made that pretty clear :scratchhead:

He might have been in times past, but lately he just comes here to whine about the forums and about me. I don't have time to respond to all of this tripe, but every now and then I'll take the bait.

I am just sick of people calling other people paranoid. Because you know what? It's a good fucking day and age to be paranoid!

It's never good to be paranoid. paranoia is based on fear rather than facts. if you have fear about something you have no facts about then that is a waste of time & emotions, both for yourself and others. I think you probably meant that it is a good time for more people to be aware and questioning. Not quite the same thing as the latter does not involve a mental disorder.

• Like 4

nope, he got suspended for abusing the ratings system. I thought this thread made that pretty clear :scratchhead:

So he was just unfairly rating content then was he? Riiiggghhht....

He might have been in times past, but lately he just comes here to whine about the forums and about me. I don't have time to respond to all of this tripe, but every now and then I'll take the bait.

Besides what I've read from him here, I don't know what you're talking about. ?

It's never good to be paranoid. paranoia is based on fear rather than facts. if you have fear about something you have no facts about then that is a waste of time & emotions, both for yourself and others. I think you probably meant that it is a good time for more people to be aware and questioning. Not quite the same thing as the latter does not involve a mental disorder.

Yeah, that's what I basically meant. The ability to question every ad and so on. It isn't valued here as much as it should be IMHO. It does seem to be getting better in the long-term though.

A little paranoia still has value IMO. And saying that it doesn't is like saying that you would be perfectly calm and rational in a war zone...

• Like 2

So he was just unfairly rating content then was he? Riiiggghhht....

Come on. You know there's a big difference between someone rating a post with good intentions, and someone systematically negging one member's posts. The real attack is on the forum and the rating system because it undermines the whole process.

Something tells me you're just trying to stir shit.

Besides what I've read from him here, I don't know what you're talking about. ?

I have no idea what the backstory is, but almost every post I have read of his in the last...six months maybe, has been cynical and negative and verging on trolling. It's unfortunate because he used to be such a good contributing member here, and I can only hope that he gets the chip off his shoulder and gets back to contributing to a positive atmosphere here.

A little paranoia still has value IMO. And saying that it doesn't is like saying that you would be perfectly calm and rational in a war zone...

Well, if you want to be technical, paranoia is an irrational fear of persecution. I don't think feeling fear in a war zone could be considered irrational at all...unless you're scared that your army buddies are plotting to kill you or something.

• Like 4

unless you're scared that your army buddies are plotting to kill you or something.

Which might be rational if you're a not so well liked officer :P

Something tells me you're just trying to stir shit.

From somebody who would rather neg than converse, I'll take that as a compliment.

• Like 2

My My there are some school kids here!

"If Pacman had affected us as kids we'd be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

Maybe it did considering your own abuse of "Pills" that you put out into the public domain in more than one post!

So personally I wouldn't be throwing stones for your perception of reality might just be fucked up.

Don't worry I aint finished yet for I have grown up and am not fucked up on drugs....I am recovering from over-prescribed "medication" and doing really well if anyone gives a shit.

A time when I wasn't called "Paranoid" "Delusional" and "Labelled" I was actually in a craze on that shit,booze and pot ...yet this was acceptable?

Like WTF!!??

Those were all the "interesting" posts BTW LOL .....yep times have changed as I have eliminated these things and opened my eyes to what this did to me.

So has the world.

I woke up and made very hard steps by myself to embark on recovery and I consider that I have shed some light in this area and know that I have helped with others in this...please someone shoot me down on this!!

Better still put ya hand up if you gleamed something that you were not aware of that may have helped?!

I also don't require that anyone here believes what I believe as my avatar said in the Movie....I agree with Synchro.

Whilst I carefully address each post, I'm kinda wondering why the majority if not all of the older members formed and are all HERE ?

Paranoid,mental-Ilness LOL come on you can do better than that!

After all you are the one raising the volume here and have been since the whole plant banning thing AND I knew there was something wrong the Incense, BUT NO, no-one took me seriously.

Actually T you attacked me for that observation as that is all it was....a warning that someone with a high GABA sensitivity had noted as we used to take note of and be wary of...you know investigate?

Then newsflash!! "Benzo's Found In X Incense"

With a PM "starting out with as much as you shit me" and then having the hide to ask me what brand.....well that's why I didn't reply.

BECAUSE MY OBSERVATION WAS SPOT FUCKIN ON!

You just don't like being shown up and love being praised......that's a REAL problem for I and some here do not require this.

This is why you use generic trigger words like TROLL.

ROTFLMAO!

I happen to know what's happening in Synchro's life atm and if you knew you should all be FUCKING ASHAMED!

In the meantime...roll your eye's when i'm not around, it's easy to achieve.............

I'll be working on a response that is clear and concise....I just need to tend to my baby right now as adults do.

As far as I see it censorship and gullibility are as rife here as in the media....Synchro and I put our heads on the chopping block and some others attack it from other angles as we are all different THANK GOD!!!

Time will tell.

Yep Synchro there are some fence-sitter's here ;)

Edited by mescalito
  • Like 3

Well, if you want to be technical, paranoia is an irrational fear of persecution. I don't think feeling fear in a war zone could be considered irrational at all...unless you're scared that your army buddies are plotting to kill you or something.

Well if you want to be technical you might want to do some fucken research on what technical is.

The DSM-IV soon to become version V is bullshit, yet it's a technical manual that all physicians use as their bible......it's made up BS!

I'd love to see the posts where I whine about the Forums and you T?

Well I won't go any further with this as I have no more time for bullshit passed off as Trolling....I've always been a random dude and I'm not changing to suit one persons rules nor their followers.

To grow mature is to separate more distinctly, to connect more closely .Hugo Von Hofmannsthal (1874 - 1929)

Nice one on the "Mental Disorder" too ya judgmental ass!

Once again peeps take notice of the LABELING....Torsten has NO IDEA where I'm at, as I don't have a mental disorder and has no idea how my life is tracking.

I have always been open about my life here, and now it is being used against me amongst the very people I trusted the most....I suspect others have been treated the same way.

This is but an assumption based on his own experience and let me tell you, my missus is TOTALLY PISSED about this, so going on that she must have a mental disorder too.I merely commented on the rating system and my take on it, not eatfoo as I never witnessed this.

As I said before I don't live here.

I do however have a problem with censorship and freedom of speech...oh and judgement for that which one only has part of the story and blurting out this assumption as if it were the truth.....you know not!

This post may earn me a burn notice which would be a shame in lot's of ways, but if I can't speak freely and be treated equally,then this place is not a "Forum" by definition.

It's a club with rules...there is a difference.

Either way the Truth Shall Set Me Free.

Well if you want to be technical you might want to do some fucken research on what technical is.

The DSM-IV soon to become version V is bullshit, yet it's a technical manual that all physicians use as their bible......it's made up BS!

You may say this but paranoia is a word with a definition in the english language, it has little to do with the DSM-IV. Paranoia the word has been in use since 1891, and a derivative since 1811, so I don't think the DSM is a big factor here. Its definition in the english language is "A mental condition characterized by delusions of persecution, unwarranted jealousy, or exaggerated self-importance, typically worked into an organized system."

Whether that is included in the DSM is irrelevant to its meaning.

I think, as you just said a moment ago, "if you want to be technical you might want to do some fucken research on what technical is"

Edited by Sheather
  • Like 3

Don't some words get new meanings over time? Surely paranoia means more now than it did in 1891?

It sure does, but I gave its modern definition, not its original. It originally meant madness or insanity.

Paranoia

"mental disorder characterized by systematized delusions," 1891 (earlier paranoea 1811), from Gk. paranoia "mental derangement, madness," from paranoos "mentally ill, insane," from para- "beside, beyond" (see para-) + noos "mind."

It means more to me than that. I usually find that dictionary definitions don't encompass enough...

Paranoia is a state of mind that anybody can have IMO. It doesn't always have to be a mental condition.

A mental condition can incorporate a state of mind. Anyone can be paranoid at times, and thus at said times express the condition known as paranoia. Mental condition and state of mind are hardly dissimilar by definition.

Would you care to explain what more it means to you? Just saying "that meaning isn't right" is hardly constructive input.

• Like 1

im starting to get paranoid about being paranoid :scratchhead::P

• Like 1

Mental condition and state of mind are hardly dissimilar by definition.

I agree.

Would you care to explain what more it means to you?

Have you seen the film The Hurt Locker? You can see a lot of paranoia in that, but most of it is needed to stay alive.

If you don't consider it paranoia, then I don't know what else to call it. Extremely cautious maybe?

im starting to get paranoid about being paranoid :scratchhead::P

:wink:

Edited by synchromesh
  • Like 1

I'd love to see the posts where I whine about the Forums and you T?

Post #39, only two posts above that ^^

I told myself I wouldn't say anything here but honestly Mesc, everything you post now is either about NWO or other conspiracies and what you perceive as Torsten/Corroboree's hypocrisy/unfair treatment of you.. Oh, and about getting off benzos, which is fantastic by the way.

Can you see why I usually skip over your posts? You've derailed a few threads fighting with T recently..

This isn't a personal attack on you dude, it's just I remember when I first joined and your posts were of a very different nature.

peace

• Like 3

I am autistic and am blunt, maybe that does make me an asshole, I am used to people disliking me or disagreeing with me, I have no plans to complain about it unless someone does actually harass me in a slanderous or disruptive manner. Come to think of it, I am kind of childish too, that tends to be why I think being immature is punishment enough, I am immature enough to understand that.

NO, I'M SPARTACUS!

Back to the topic at hand. I personally use pos-ing to mark funny, genius or kind posts. I use negs to mark posts that are inappropriate, or bigoted.

Lastly, and unfortunately in the interests of being open and transparent: Mescalito, the benzos in the Kronic you speak of were in amounts far below (1% if my memory serves) the active amount. Furthermore, benzos are not designed to be pyrolyzed. So in fact, you were wrong. And if you think you are that sensitive to GABA agonists - then that same sensitivity would allow you to die 10x over from one bottle of beer.