The Corroboree
qualia

woman's aims to be worlds fattest

Why must some people feel the need to make fun of some other people who obviously have some kind of *issue*, nothing about *morbid obesity* screams humour to me. It screams to me *that person is so emotionally and physically out of control that they are going to die from their problems*

Hey look at that fat person, *lets make derogatory comments*

Shit, that's hilarious.

When I read things that lack empathy or any kind of sensitivity towards people who have problems, it really fucks me off.

I don't find *suffering amusing, sorry.

edited to add: *self-inflicted suffering or otherwise

Edited by meeka
  • Like 3

tis a cultural construct, and our society is unhealthy in all contexts of the word, but we're fed like rabid dogs from a construct above us who makes us think we have choice and dictate our direction, yet our dictation is being dictated.

We are the blind leading the blind and our frustrations arise when we realise how helpless we are in our position and the snowball rolls.

Hope you're sadness passes :)

• Like 1

meeka,... if your message was aimed towards me,... I wasnt making fun of her. I was very serious,...she obviously lost it and I believe that sometimes people their asses have to forcibly put back on track. especially when it is damaging towards the kids.

i think that there are not enough people willing to stand up in the world today.... while we spiral out of control on all fronts living on this planet.

so i would either like to forcefeed her or ff'n cage her and put her on a major diet until she finally finds a little self dignity again.

she is merely a product of her culture, her peers and her life experiences.

Given the right mentoring and counselling im sure she could be pointed in the right direction ! ( that is if this isn't just another bullshit story spewed forth from the media to capture our attention. ( obfuscation i think its called :scratchhead: )

I dont think the argument is about her obesity but more her quest to become even more so.

Edited by tipz

I couldn't be bothered reading the article, but if it's the same woman who was on this quest a couple of years ago, it wasn't about any of the aspects that people are commenting on most. She was adamant that the idea that obesity kills people is a conspiracy brewed up by media networks and weight loss companies. Same kind of crap that plenty of people here seems to thrive on. Same shit different context. How many people here claim that smoking doesn't kill, it's the chemicals added by the tobacco companies that kill. You smoke your organic rollie tobacco daily and head towards the same self deluded grave as this woman, albeit perhaps a little slower.

Why must some people feel the need to make fun of some other people who obviously have some kind of *issue*, nothing about *morbid obesity* screams humour to me. It screams to me *that person is so emotionally and physically out of control that they are going to die from their problems*

Hey look at that fat person, *lets make derogatory comments*

Shit, that's hilarious.

When I read things that lack empathy or any kind of sensitivity towards people who have problems, it really fucks me off.

I don't find *suffering amusing, sorry.

edited to add: *self-inflicted suffering or otherwise

Me neither meeka so do I get a Pos like you did?

I couldn't be bothered reading the article, but if it's the same woman who was on this quest a couple of years ago, it wasn't about any of the aspects that people are commenting on most. She was adamant that the idea that obesity kills people is a conspiracy brewed up by media networks and weight loss companies. Same kind of crap that plenty of people here seems to thrive on. Same shit different context. How many people here claim that smoking doesn't kill, it's the chemicals added by the tobacco companies that kill. You smoke your organic rollie tobacco daily and head towards the same self deluded grave as this woman, albeit perhaps a little slower.

Well dude it's her life and I'm pretty sure she won't displace your slice of the food supply.Who is to say what she should or shouldn't do? ....and did you say conspiracy!!? and couldn't be bothered reading the article?...that made my day thanks :lol:

FYI it's also the inhalation of burnt plant material regardless if there are added chems.

I Vape instead :wink:

Once again like others in THIS thread except a few, most are assuming there is something wrong with her and judging her pretty harshly.

Why does it make you feel good or sleep better knowing that you're better...as for the guy in the photo, well do you know his story?

So many perfect people around these parts I'm in awe.

Quote Gerbil"tis a cultural construct, and our society is unhealthy in all contexts of the word, but we're fed like rabid dogs from a construct above us who makes us think we have choice and dictate our direction, yet our dictation is being dictated.

We are the blind leading the blind and our frustrations arise when we realise how helpless we are in our position and the snowball rolls.

Hope you're sadness passes :)"

Totally agree and meeka as we say in time this too shall pass.

All the best.

Edited by mescalito
  • Like 1

I think maybe you missed my point. In a round about way I was actually defending her by saying that it's no different to the way half the people here think. Most people here seemed to be thinking it's an issue of poor self image, or that she can't control her eating or something. That might be why more than half the population in the first world are obese, but it's different in this case.

@Mescalito's post...

146-what-the-fuck-am-i-reading.jpg

Everyone dies, I don't think you need to speed your way towards it. Ballzac may be right in that it's the same woman, but then again I'm sure there are plenty of idiots out there ready to kill themselves for their own reasons, be they delusions of health or delusions or conspiracy.

Only real problem I have with this is the impact her decisions have mad/will make on her kids, family, etc. She really does need counselling or something.

Other than that what right do we have to say what she can and cant put into her body as long as it doesn't infringe on the freedoms and rights of others.

Other than that what right do we have to say what she can and cant put into her body as long as it doesn't infringe on the freedoms and rights of others.

Exactly, and this is the entire issue with the war on drugs.

Aside from her kids and all the potential issues there, she wants it, let her have it. But like a smoker doesn't get their health bill footed by the tax payers, nor should she when she so intentionally strives for heart disease and diabetes.

and, she probabyl is getting locally famous doing this. Kind of sad, but it distracted everyone from the real issues going on, so mission accomplished ABCD Newspaper :)

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-10-denmark-levies-world-fat-tax.html

They going get them fat people with big arms maybe make law can't eat no butter or cakes..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Denmark Saturday became the first country in the world to impose a fat tax after a week in which consumers hoarded butter, pizza, meat and milk to avoid the immediate effects.

"We have had to stock up with tonnes of butter and margarine in order to be able to supply outlets," Soeren Joergensen of Arla Distribution told AFP.

The new tax, designed by Denmarks outgoing government as a health issue to limit the populations intake of fatty foods, will add 16 kroner ($2.87, 2.15 euros) per kilo (2.2 pounds) of saturated fats in a product.

This means an increase in the price of a pack of 250 grammes of butter, for example, by 2.20 kroner to more than 18 kroner.

"It has been a chaotic week with a lot of empty shelves. People have been filling their freezers," Christian Jensen of an independent local Copenhagen supermarket told AFP.

"But actually I dont think the tax will make that much difference. If people want to buy a cake, they will buy it. But right now theyre saving money," he added.

The new tax will be levied on all products including saturated fats -- from butter and milk to pizzas, oils, meats and pre-cooked foods -- in a costing system that Denmarks Confederation of Industries (DI) says is a bureaucratic nightmare for producers and outlets.

"The way that this has been put together is an administrative nightmare, and I doubt whether it will give better health. Its more just a tax," DI foodstuffs spokeswoman Gitte Hestehave told AFP, adding that the costs of levying the tax would be passed on to consumers.

Hestehave said that setting prices on domestically produced or imported goods was complicated, as it required declarations from producers both as to how much saturated fat was in the product itself, and used in its preparation.

Computer systems all had to be adjusted, adding many man-hours to administrative tasks for producers and sellers.

"Products that include other products that include saturated fats also have to have new prices worked out. Imported goods require a declaration from the producers abroad on exactly how much saturated fat has been used in production," Hestehave said.

"As far as we have been able to determine, Denmark is the first country in the world to introduce a fat tax" but we know that other countries are following us closely and have their own plans, she said.

The new Danish tax, however, may not last long.

EU legal expert Jeppe Rosenmejer of the Danish Federation of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises says the European Union is currently studying the tax as there may be a competition issue.

While producers in Denmark have to pay the tax at source, for imported goods it is calculated by the distributor.

"This can mean that imported goods will be cheaper than domestically produced items," Rosenmejer told the national Jyllands-Posten daily.

A Danish producer will have to pay the tax on all of the saturated fat used, including for example what a product is fried in, he said. An importer may only be paying according to what is actually in the finished product.

"Hopefully the tax will be short-lived," Rosenmejer said.

The right-wing government that decided on the tax was superceded by a centre-left administration in elections last mont]