The Corroboree
Tomer Corymbosa

Is It Real M.hostilis??

i bought from "Shaman's Palace" few months ago seeds of mimosa hostilis. i germinate em sucssefuly and they r strong & healthy.

but how can i know for sure it is HOSTILIS?

most of them have little spines[i'm always gettin stub from them ]

so now should i waite for the white flowers to come?

you can wait for the flowers, but they won't be white

I bought 3 batches from Shaman Palace (both retail and wholesale) and all of them turned out to be a very spiny and barbed non-tree Mimosa. I don't know what species it is, but it has mauve flowers and simply does not even remotely look like M.hostilis.

Sadly JoJo did not reply to my email about this.

I got my mimosa hostilis seed from s. america and it's got spines. Are you saying hostilis does not have spines, Torsten? How large were your seeds? Mine were small, about 2mm.

i'm tellin u - i orders from shaman palace in40$

and they said they didnt recieved my money!!

don't order from them!!!!

i can't trust anyone these days...

but sure i'll order the real seeds from SAB...i hope they r real torsten

About the palace i have to say that they delivered very reliable and fast! They have a friendly service too. On the other hand i dicovered once some plastic foil in their Mitragyna Resin Extract, which is definately not acceptable!Otherwise the delivered goods have been ok. Unfortunately a lot of sources sell misidentifies species, particularly from Mimosa Hostilis.

I have only praise for shaman's palace in all other respects. Always reliable with orders and whenever there has been an ID problem in the past he fixed it immediately.

Hostilis has occasional large spines. In frequency they are kinda like roses (but different shape). The hostilis from SP has many many tiny spines and barbs, just like Mimosa pudica. His plants are also somewhat touch sensitive. The seed was small and a little lighter than the hostilis I have, although this is most likely environmental.

Bottom line is that the flowers are the wrong colour, so there really is no argument that SP stocks the wrong species.

no idea.

That is depending on what species it actually is. In TROUTS SOME SIMPLE TRYPTAMINES, they stated that very young seedlings of Mimosa Pudica which have been tested showed a very dark suspected 5 Meo DMT band.Their tests with older plants did´nt showed up this band. If think it is possible that M.pucdica might be able to produce tryptamines under some special circumstances. But that´s just my opinion.

I have tree big young plants of few months old, seeds also bought from palace. I mixed hostilis and scrabella, stupid me, don't know what it is. Now after few monthes i sow those seeds I see three other seedlings come up very fast. It are the same plants. Holy shit, didn't expect that :)

JL Hudson's last update had hostillis seeds...he's usually pretty good about ID's, I wonder if they're the real thing?

evil genious, what part of the young seedling are you talking about ?

i have been roasting the seeds and drinking with limestone, effects are sometimes very pleasant, othertimes not much going on...

They used whole plants to make the tests. DMT did not start to shop up in assays after second year. In low amounts in stem and leaf after the first year(15 month old plants). Concentrations were higher in the roots! A very worthy book about this topic is trouts notes on some simple tryptamines. Maybe you can obtain a copy somehow.I heard it´s going to be reprinted soon.

here is the pic of MIMOSA HOSTILIS sold by shamans palace. 3 months old.

so what do u think? do i have a chance it is REAL hostilis ? ;)

post-874-1128456329_thumb.jpg

sorry not pudica thats for sure, i have seeds of pudica and its totaly different.

also the leaves are not sensetive to touch and are closed only at night.

it's not hostilis. It looks very much like pudica, but has a few differences. has it flowered yet?

I used to have a sensitive plant type mimosa... what species is that?

Also, there is a forest of some type of mimosa growing wild in a park near here...

How can you Identify whether it is a psychoactive species?

not flower yet,torsten the seeds of this mimosa looks like the seeds of real hostilis,they don't look at all like pudica,they are smaller a little than pudica and have the shape of hostilis. maybe i need to upload a photo of em,i still have some 20 or something...

my cam was fucked before 2 weeks damn.... :blink:

That picture looks like most of the pudica I have seen in the states. Stems are way too green to be hostilis, and there are no rose-like thorns.

seeds are not a good indicator of species in this case as various climatic conditions drastically change the general appearance of the seed, incl colour, shape and size.

I'm beginning to think the ones from BouncingBear aren't hostilis either.

They have become touch sensitive and there are many spines growing up the main stem.

In which case I may pull the plant out, money is short and I need all the pots and soil I can get :/

I'm beginning to think the ones from BouncingBear aren't hostilis either.

They have become touch sensitive and there are many spines growing up the main stem.

In which case I may pull the plant out, money is short and I need all the pots and soil I can get :/

Is the BB seed the same that you gave me a few of?

Do you have a pic of your plant?

my first lot of seed produced plants that werent sensitive, my second lot produced plants that are sensitive though no were near as much as pudica, but the thing is my older plants also have become sensitive, maybe to do with season. my older one has developed thorns aswell.