The Corroboree
Kahuin

Trade with Kahuin!

Repost of my thread from Australian Ethnobotany:

It occurs to me that I have no money to buy new plants/seeds. But what I do have is a mass of seeds and plants that I either dont need or don't want.

I have MUCH to trade.

I am after pretty much anything. This is exclusive to Australia with the exception of what can be legally imported and exported outside of its borders.

Basically, make me an offer and tell me what you want and what you have to trade and we'll organise it :)

If you wish to trade for one of the higher value items, then expect to offer me something of equal value :)

Plants:

Calea Zacatechichi - Plants and cuttings

Psychotria - Carthagenensis - Plants and leaf cuts

- Viridis - Leaf cuts

Kava (Piper Methysticum) - Plants from off-shoots/runners

Leonotis leonurus (Wild Dagga/Lions Tail) - Plants and cuttings

Sceletium (Kanna) - Varians - Cuttings and plants

- tortuosum - Cuttings and plants

- emarcidum - Cuttings and plants

Trichocereus - various - Cuttings

Catha Edulis (Khat) - White/Green - Plants

- Red - Plants

- Vienna White - Plants

Plant list to be further updated (though thats most of it)

Seeds:

SIlene Capensis/Undulata - Lots of seeds

Datura Metel - Lots of seeds

Brugsmansia (unsure of species) - Lots of seeds

Dodonaea viscosa (hop bush) - Lots and lots

Morning Glory - Heavenly Blue (Ipomoea) - Few (rare)

Seed list to be further updated in time!

Note: I will not ship plants across borders (incl. WA/TAS) please do not ask - UNLESS it is legal to do so.

Chrislesnar, use some common sense and not post illegal items for trade and use the appropriate forum to ask for prints with the appropriate disclamer.

Its generaly a good idea to read a forums rules and guidelines BEFORE posting.,

Next time you get a warn point.

Edited by AndyAmine.

i have *********** to trade if someone has a cub print

Hey there Chrislesnar, please don't incriminate yourself. That plant is scheduled in all states in Oz as far as I know.

It is against the rules and may bring unwanted attention to the forum.

You should probably edit your post.

If you are after a P. cubensis print for microscopy you could start your own thread as I don't think Kahuin has said anything about trading prints..

:)

All I can say is good luck trading that sally for some prison soap ;) ;)

Kava (Piper Methysticum) - Plants from off-shoots/runners

You got photos of those? I've not heard of kava successfully being grown in Sydney.

Yup, my kava is one of my largest plants, and is a very fast grower :D

I've only had this one about a year so I only have a couple of offshoots, but I'll be trying to take cuttings soon as I've heard this can be successfully done.

ApXcq.jpg

Hmm the leaf shape looks a bit different than my Kava Kava but I'm sure some of the different strains differ in appearance.

Looks very healthy!

Google images seems to show two distinct types, my one and:

Kava.jpg

That looks more like Piper auritum. Do the leaves have a safrole smell?

I doubt it's auritum, bought it from someone over on Australian Ethnobotany a while back, don't know who, but as far as I can remember they're credible. I'll go take some more pictures of my kava for inspection, and take a sniff :P I wouldn't know what safrole smells like, but i'll see if i can liken what it smells like to anything i know.

Okay, broke off and rubbed a bit of leaf to see what it smelt like... Sharp and kinda citrusy maybe? Its now stuck in my nose as well. Bleaurgh, not pleasant. Photos uploading now... The photo on wiki and the photos that are coming up in searches look like mine.

Edited by Kahuin

Whatever is it, I doubt it's kava. I don't see kava surviving a Sydney winter outside.

Hi ya trips :wub:

Yeah kahuin, thee arouma would be most definate if tis was a high yielding var of piper.

but heh :)

cheers

Never grown Piper methysticum, but it looks exactly like P. auritum to me. Mind you, I'm no Piper expert and haven't looked closely at identifying features, just leaf shape, texture, etc., coupled with where it is being grown.

Edit: hey ethereal! :P

Edited by tripsis

Yeah kahuin, thee arouma would be most definate if tis was a high yielding var of piper.

but heh :)

cheers

Which piper do you mean? The smell of safrole would be definite? or the smell of kava would be definite?

Seems to suggest that Piper Auritum grows upright with a single stem almost like bamboo where as Methysticum clumps and has multi-branched nodes like mine.

How did you read that?

From the your link:

Where Piper methysticum forms non-spreading clumps, this new plant spreads rapidly via suckers.
The upper branches on the mature plant extend out horizontally as seen above. The plant grows significantly larger than P. methysticum.

p_auritum_branching.jpg

From this bit:

p_auritum_stembase.jpgp_auritum_branch.jpgp_auritum_stem.jpg

The Piper auritum is growing in a stream, in running water, amongst basalt rocks, in Rohi, U. Above are images of the plant growing out of the stream. Note the "singularity" of the stems: this plant does not form P. methysticum type clumps. A branch and node are seen above.

Edited by Kahuin

Also apparently both are "frost tender" according to SAB shop, so there's no greater chance that either of them would grow in Sydney.

And I meant the nodes dont have multiple branches, not that they dont branch out, sorry, bad wording.

Also apparently both are "frost tender" according to SAB shop, so there's no greater chance that either of them would grow in Sydney.

Piper auritum does very well in Sydney. There's a massive grove of it in Cherrybrook.

Anyway, it may not be P. auritum, but I doubt it's P. methysticum.