The Corroboree
Undercover Hippie

To the Hippie’s!

Press play and read on:

For all intents and purposes this is an introduction and a call to arms…

Having trouble with being alternate? Does your being a hippie worry you? Is it causing you to get into unpleasant or dangerous situations? Are family members complaining about your meditating?

I admit this to you now, my fellow peers – my name is Undercover Hippie, I’m a hippie and my last alternate outburst was today.

For those who have the strength to be out and proud – I applaud your courage; however there is something inherently dull about complete openness and honesty. Stealth, well intentioned subterfuge, and covert operations are often called for in today’s society where difference is shunned and homogeneity is applauded.

Wearing tie dye or visiting Byron/Nimbin is often referred to as "nonconformity abuse" or "protest dependency”. It is for this very reason I have dedicated my life to living in the mainstream whilst simultaneously staying true to my soul, leaving it to lurk unseen by the majority in the shadowy land of the bohemian lifestyle.

I have, on occasion, been known to wear a suit and hold jobs that require rigorous personal hygiene and attendance between 9 and 5, yet none of this sways me from my course. I use these challenges to strengthen my will; creating techniques that can be utilised during the course of everyday social interactions to expose to the many members of the mindless majority the errors of their ways. I find this way much more effective than the “out and proud approach”.

For those that I am exposed to that are too far gone, I acknowledge the universe for highlighting to me the dangers of an unthinking mind, plant a cactus and push forward with newfound energy – possibly spurred on by the absorption of the unused potential of the most recent encounter.

I have also dedicated my life to finding others like myself, as I am sure I am not the only one and others may well wield much more power. My suspicions are raised every time I see something “not quite right”, a sense of there being “something more” to this person. An example would be someone operating undercover, interacting with large numbers of people and changing their level of consciousness – albeit briefly – whilst remaining unknown, like the guy playing the music.

So to anyone else out there………hello!

By our powers combined, we are (insert suitable superhero hippie – as yet unkown)

So there is the first challenge for us all – the creation of a name for a hippie superhero.

• Like 3

Welcome, nice first post :)

I actually start work earlier, but the rest is pretty spot on. However, I have always thought of myself as a stealthy Ninja :P

I always enjoy a post with a soundtrack

Even more so one that has awesome textual content!

I feel too many words have bad connotations and strings attached these days.

Focusing on the important parts of "hippie"; an all-round good person,

The preconceived secondary notions of forgetting to shave and shower, dressing in awesomely outrageous clothes and not having a career

while entirely fun, and necessary sometimes

doesn't always get the job done! What ever that may be :)

I like where your head is at Undercover Hippie :D

Much love.

Good post, welcome! You could even write advertisements for pharmaceutical companies, with the aim of undercover infiltration and improvement of the current product line... "Having trouble with being alternate? Does your being a hippie worry you? Is it causing you to get into unpleasant or dangerous situations? Are family members complaining about your meditating?"

lucidril_small.jpg?w=224&h=370

Clinical trials show efficacy for the treatment of the madness of hippies, non-conformity and free thinking. Side-effects include depression, suicidal behaviour, impaired judgment, thinking, or motor skills, impulsive comfort shopping, anhedonia, apathy/CBF syndrome, dependence or addiction, weight gain and premature death. LUCIDRIL is a registered trademark of the FitTheMould group of companies.

The socially acceptable limits of acceptance have only seemingly worsened on the whole, unfortunately...

abilify.ad_.jpg

Maybe the ads are a little less threatening? Still, there's clearly only that one road (and one final destination) you are supposed to follow, or aim for. Or, there is that subtle suggestion you made of going undercover...

• Like 2

Nice post... I'm also an undercover hippie.

Short hair, generally don't go more than a week without a shave, my jeans are plain, my t-shirts are inoffensive.

I generally wear a suit when I work and can talk the corporate lingo if need be.

Falun Dafa (for what it is) talks about the importance of cultivation of the buddha consciousness while remaining a part of greater society. It argues that receding to a cave to meditate for the rest of your life may better your mind/soul but that you miss out on the opportunity to better the minds and souls of those people you meet in everyday life.

Same concept here, I think. :wink:

• Like 1

Thank you for the welcome fellow Hippies – It makes me happy to see people operating on a common frequency… understanding there is a “world” we live in, which, whether we like it or not behaves and perceives in a certain way. We can all still happily live “free and true to ourselves" whilst adhering to certain cultural norms – and in many ways doing so brings us greater freedom as there is no longer a threat, or two opposing sides…

However, the directions to the one destination on the one road we are SUPPOSED to follow obviously get lost in reproduction and translation. It is true that the masses are heading to one place – but aside from vague descriptions “a house…. a car… a good job before a baby ?..........??” no one seems to know where it is….. but that’s ok, TV will tell us.

Aside from that - Falan Dafa?!?! Great – now the Chinese government is after me too!

Wait…. Maybe that was just the hippie induced paranoia talking from being one of those pseudo hippies

[deep breath….better…. a shot of Ludacril™ - Ahhhhh]

I feel like getting a credit card!

Thankyou Dr Echeverry and those like you for helping me understand.

More importantly, thank you again fellow hippies