The Corroboree
tripsis

Post your track of the day

Claire de lune played on floor harp, flawlessly. I could live a thousand years and never be this good on my instrument.

• Like 1

This isn't my track of the day, but track of my lifetime. If you asked me what I thought the best realized, lyrically masterful folk song of all time, it would be this. Gets me every time.

'And now I hear your master sing,

you kneel for him to come

his body is a golden string

that your body is hanging from'

or

And I think you're playing far too rough

for a lady who's been to the moon

and I've lain by this window long enough

you get used to an empty room

and your love is some dust

in an old man's cough

who is tapping his foot to a tune

How do you write a song like that?

Another Cohen fan!! I'm gonna use his songs for my wedding and funeral I reckon.

• Like 1

I love his cheeky grin in the final shot :)

EDIT - I reckon loud enough physical feel is the best :wink:

lol....resolved some shit to this today.

Edited by waterboy 2.0

I was struggling to learn Stairway to heaven on guitar as a pubescent teen. This punk composed a symphony before the age of 10

Edited by DeadStar

be careful what you stick your finger into

Edited by Halcyon Daze

Ok, so the more I listen to this album, the more I think bowie might have planned his own death--as in, his passing may have was probably an assisted suicide, or at least planned. He was terminally ill after all and there's some really suggestive lyrics throughout. it's within the realm of possibility. Where the fuck did monday go indeed? He passed on sunday his time. The lyrics for the first verse are an interchanging of polari and nadsat (fictional language from a clockwork orange) and seem to be suggestive of a situation where an authority is payed off ( popo blind to the polly in the hole)and an authority figure is cajoled by a beautiful woman (cheena so sound titti up to this malachek say) and this woman who loves him. His model wife perhaps? I'm cold to this pig and pug show--treatments, maybe? Or just the state of the world? Chestnut tree is probably the chestnut cafe from Orwell's 1984--maybe he's saying what is anyone going to do, this is the last moment before my death? I dunno. Maybe I need a new tinfoil hat.

After Winston is released from the Ministry of Love we find him sitting in the Chestnut Tree Cafe. Earlier in the book Winston mentions how the Cafe was where thought criminals like Rutherford spent a great deal of their time. It is ironic that in the end he should end up in the same place. The Chestnut Tree Cafe is by all accounts a quite depressing place. It is the place one goes after they have been tortured, but before they have been killed. The ironic thing is that Winston is happy there, probably happier than he has ever been. He no longer has any worries, he can simply trust in Big Brother and everything will be fine. He is in many ways more free than other party members, he does not have to worry about being seen speaking to others, as he would have been before he entered the Ministry of Love. The Chestnut Tree Cafe is the place Winston first sees Julia after thatdisastrous day in the room above Mr. Charrington's shop. At that point there is nothing left between them. They no longer love each other, they don't really have any true emotions left to them. Winston is in the Cafe when he hears a song coming from the telescreen.

Cheena so sound so titti up this malchek say
Party up moodge, nanti vellocet round on Tuesday
Real bad dizzy snatch makin' all the omeys mad – Thursday
Popo blind to the polly in the holy by – Friday
Where the fuck did Monday go?
I’m cold to this pig and pug show
I’m sitting in the chestnut tree
Who the fuck’s gonna mess with me?

Edited by starling

Edited by waterboy 2.0
  • Like 1

Edited by waterboy 2.0