The Corroboree
synchromesh

'Jackass' Star Ryan Dunn Dies In Car Crash

Alright guys, this is taking a direction i dont like. Teljkon, Its alright to have a diffrent opinion about him being a poor victim. Personally, i lack sympathy for drunk drivers that die in crashes too. But i dislike your tone and Attitude towards the members who are feeling sorry for him and i certainly wont accept it here. You can say your opinion but not in that form. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

^^^^^^^^

tick

this thread is not about what a dick you are if you drink and drive.

rd was funny and entertaining and it's sad that he (and by virtue of his error-another person did too) bought it in such a sorry way but hey,

can any of us predict the ridiculous ways we could leave this realm.

for ryan -never knew him but adored the spirit within him.

• Like 1

Some of you guys would do well in the westboro baptist church. What drives people to make fun of, call names at, or generally disrespect others that died doing something you dont like?

Dont forget that kind of cruel intentions and lack of compassion is also very damaging to the world that you seem to see yourself very fond of.

:(

• Like 2

i don't like the way teljkon worded his post either but beyond the belligerent language he's pointing to an ironic aspect of the discussion thats well worth consideration imo

• Like 2

It simply isn't stupid or unique enough to be up for a Darwin Award. Please try again.

:P

• Like 1

It simply isn't stupid or unique enough to be up for a Darwin Award. Please try again.

That's why I said at number 22 that:

...if he's done it when he had the toy car up his arse for the "butt x-ray" skit, it would have qualified him for a Darwin Award...

As it is, I wouldn't be surprised if he got an honourable mention.

His jackass tag definitely qualifies him for an honourable mention.

Dunn actually wasn't that crazy. Not compared to a lot of others in the crew anyway.

Agree with synchro, too commonplace a death to warrant a Darwin award and apart from that have some respect eh!

Teljkon, yes outlandish craziness is a profitable pastime because most of us are amazingly boring and appreciate the entertainment, and as much as we paid for his lifestyle through the movies being popular his life was his own and all of his actions were his choices (like everyone), it's a bit much to lay his fate on the collective hands of those that made him rich for his spirit was his own, it's not a simple cause and effect thing like that. With or without fame and success he was a jackass! - and I mean that with respect!

It does suck he killed someone else though.

Edited by The Dude

This story had me so sad. I love the JA crew. Something about how a person can have access to endless money, drugs, excess, etc - and then how they chose to use it, interests me. I think the JA crew are addicted to the adrenaline rush, that over-driving need to feel more "alive" than the typical person.

Johnny Knoxville wrote a little something for his brother, here:

http://www.dickhouse.tv/dickhouse/2011/06/from-knoxville-with-love.html

really moved me.

^^^ yeah that statement by Johnny Knoxville kinda made me see his death in a new light. All death is tragic, even if it was done doing something pretty reckless. I sure got some kicks from cky and jackass back in the day... they are the reason I got into skating. Your right, it was fascinating to see a bunch young guys pushing there own brand of self-deprecating hedonism to the limit. Ryan Dunn had the balls to push his life to the limit, and ultimately he paid the price... RIP.

asdaa

Edited by Teljkon
  • Like 2

I used to watch his show 'Homewrecker'. The intermission, when he showed the 'Jelly John' prank. XFD

But yeah, I'll miss that guy. He was hilarious. But unfortunately he made a gamble that didn't quite pay off.

No Problem with the content, Teljkon! Everyone is entitled to have an opinion and most of the things you mentioned are probably even true somehow. Next time, just dont let it sound as offensive towards other members anymore then were fine. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

Saying that I contributed to the death of someone I've never met is just asinine, in my opinion. That's like blaming McDonalds for fatties, and blaming poppies for drug overdoses.

Ryan had a responsibility as an adult, as we all do, to take care of himself and make good decisions. This "the fame made me do it" is bullshit. Fame didn't make him speed on the road, having had too much to drink - if you've ever seen jackass (which, apparently, you haven't) then you'd know that anything "life-threatening" is actually carefully calculated and executed with specifics.

Even though the rate of impact is always pre-determined, getting hit in the groin is funny. Puking up a goldfish is one thing. I paid for that DVD....

Driving drunk, on a main road while speeding, is another. I didn't pay him for that. That was Ryan's bad, not his fans'.

I suggest you learn what you're talking about before you claim the sort of antics that a Jackass viewer supports.

Culture is always the responsibility of the individual and always will be.

P.S. As far as the social science goes, I think that a bad-ass man in a pink sweater and roller skates, dancing in a bull pen, is sexy. Because I understand that it is the spirit of a broken man who broke through something a long time ago and probably cried his eyes out to find that there was nothing on the other side. I admire them for finding an alternative way to live - so long as they are living.

Edited by rivada
  • Like 1

"Saying that I contributed to the death of someone I've never met is just asinine, in my opinion. That's like blaming McDonalds for fatties, and blaming poppies for drug overdoses."

hey there, not trying to start an argument or anything, but i think you could have worded this part better.

firstly, you said "Saying that I contributed" contributed being the keyword, and then "That's like blaming McDonald"blaming being the other keyword.

there is a difference between blaming X and saying that X contributed to Y.

it is true that there were fat people before there was fast food and the media and advertising that is abundant in our societies, but since the existence of fast food including maccas, and the excessive advertising that oozes out of every orifice in every inch of our societies, obesiety has risen to epidemic levels, maccas HAS contributed greatly to obesity.

secondly, in teljkon's next post he explained that he wasn't blaming "you guys" just expressing his ideas, which if you take a step back and remove the personal factor, you might see some merit to his ideas, maybe not, it doesn't matter, the main thing is he wasn't actually blaming anyone for his death, but saying maybe society has contributed, whether greatly or minimallym who knows.. to his actions, maybe influeced is a better word than contributed, i believe influence is a powerful thing, why does advertising and propaganda work so well if it wasn't for the power of influence?

Edited by chnt
  • Like 1

Saying that I contributed to the death of someone I've never met is just asinine, in my opinion. That's like blaming McDonalds for fatties

Not a very good analogy if you're trying to defend a stance. Of course McDonalds are responsible, at least in part, for the obesity epidemic in the USA, with the saturation of stores in every area, the cheap prices, the 'supersize' allure. Here in Australia at least, even the corporation McDonald's knows it's hands are dripping with fatty, murderous cholesterol. They acted very swiftly after the Morgan Spurlock documentary pointed out the obvious, by revamping their menu significantly to include salads and other low fat options. If they aren't killers, then why the coincidental corporate reaction, and a product rollout that would have cost them tens of millions ?

Back to the topic, I agree with Teljkon. No fanbase would mean no porsche. You killed Ryan Dunn by subscribing to the whole Jackass idiocy. If you had been watching a Noam Chomsky documentary instead of some boys filming feces volcanoes for dvd, none of this would have happened, and the world might have been a better place.

• Like 1

"If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough". Forgive me, I must be utterly stupid. I'm gonna ask for a little respect, even for boys who risk death for the wrong reasons.

"Maccas HAS contributed greatly to obesity."

Right, due to how OTHERS have used Maccas, but Maccas is not a murderer. And in the protester's reply it was said that the stuntman's fans were his killers. I don't care who goes on in essay length or how many cross-references they make. I have a right to be revolted by that accusation.

Freedom has contributed to mistakes and bad decisions - doesn't make it a bad thing.

We agree that the driver screwed up. All of this "making the JA production out to be what's wrong with society" is a pointless and offensive argument of opinion in a dead man's thread.

I didn't have any part in Ryan's death - his lifestyle determined that, which was HIS CHOICE.

Blame the model of the car, blame the size of the paychecks, blame the cameras, blame alcohol. I'm not gonna.

Beer mugs have handles, not arms. No one pushes you over that line but you.

Edited by rivada
  • Like 1

I'm amazed by people blaming options, labeling them as wholly bad things, and then dismissing the user's conscious awareness as the most important deciding factor. Do they like restricting laws in Australia or something?

McDonalds doesn't force feed anyone and that's a fact. They also don't lie about fat content. Pointing out that "if there was no fat gram, there'd be no fat, blame access to fatty food and shame on YOU for giving fast food joints any cash" is not a solution, in my opinion. It's more like that awful old movie Judge Dread where you had to go underground for a freakin' burger.

McDonalds added salads because it couldn't afford not to care what other people think. And now it's even more popular. So what's your point? The over-eaters didn't win that case. Thank GOD for logic and reason.

Picking that apart to prove that a supply of optional malnutrition is coming from McDonalds, Maccas or eating 50 Lean Pockets does nothing. And going "Hey, I do it too" in a forum where most people grow plants for stimuli (in every way), is baffling to me.

The very fact that someone can conclude "if you had been watching a self-decided form of enjoyment that I have deemed superior then your little stuntman wouldn't have died" says more about you than it ever will about any other jackass dead or alive.

• Like 2

No fanbase would mean no porsche.

So he couldn't have gone the same way in a Nissan then? :P

Edited by synchromesh

I'm amazed by people blaming options, labeling them as wholly bad things, and then dismissing the user's conscious awareness as the most important deciding factor. Do they like restricting laws in Australia or something?

McDonalds doesn't force feed anyone and that's a fact. They also don't lie about fat content. Pointing out that "if there was no fat gram, there'd be no fat, blame access to fatty food and shame on YOU for giving fast food joints any cash" is not a solution, in my opinion. It's more like that awful old movie Judge Dread where you had to go underground for a freakin' burger.

McDonalds added salads because it couldn't afford not to care what other people think. And now it's even more popular. So what's your point? The over-eaters didn't win that case. Thank GOD for logic and reason.

Picking that apart to prove that a supply of optional malnutrition is coming from McDonalds, Maccas or eating 50 Lean Pockets does nothing. And going "Hey, I do it too" in a forum where most people grow plants for stimuli (in every way), is baffling to me.

The very fact that someone can conclude "if you had been watching a self-decided form of enjoyment that I have deemed superior then your little stuntman wouldn't have died" says more about you than it ever will about any other jackass dead or alive.

i haven't seen judge dread, but that sounds like stallone getting a rat burger in demolition man.

media plus big business are responsible for many things.

it's interesting you used the word lie.

HAHA. Demolition Man. Sorry, I get my old "VHS rentals I will never buy on DVD" confused. I think you're right about the movie title.

"media plus big business are responsible for many things."

And if I don't like it, I can stick to mom and pop shops that only sell organic rice cakes. But that would suck, wouldn't it? And cost way too much.

"it's interesting you used the word lie."

Yeah, it's called a nutritional guide. I can haz one, even from McDonalds. Are you gonna show me the chicken farms where their nuggets come from, and how the little birdies are abused and molested before the big fry? That on top of the big business debate might need its own thread!

Edited by rivada

i blame you for making me post this

(that was a joke, i dont actually blame you..)

sfsdfsd

Edited by Teljkon
  • Like 1

Personally I think the real irony is that all the Dush and Bags that are saying "RIP" and "you will be missed" are the same idiots that killed him. It was your money that payed for the porche and the boose that he killed him self with.

So Your fucking murderers for placating and feeding that type of humor because it takes that type of personality to be stupid enough to create it. Dont say your inoccent either cause frankly you could see by his actions that he would take unresonable risks in the name of doing some thing cool or bad ass. You fucks bought the ticket you pulled the trigger you signed the dotted line period.

Oh and frankly yes this is darwin in action the least fit mentally parished. I just hope he didnt make tiny idiots before he shit the bit.

You called people - including myself - "douchebags", "idiots", and "fucking murderers".

Yeah no you didn't say anything for anyone here to get defensive about, not at all rolleyes.gif

Does your average drunk driver play a role in risk-taking film productions? Have your imperfect actions been the results of being in risk-taking film productions? Or did you just make an horrible mistake with LUCKILY few in any repercussions?

• Like 1