The Corroboree
dragonfly

panax ginseng and panax notoginseng the same thing?

Are panax ginseng and panax notoginseng the same thing? Has anyone taken this to reduce bleeding (any type of bleeding), and has it worked for you?

Hi

P.ginseng is oriental or asian ginseng

P.notoginseng is also known as Sanchi or Tienchi ginseng.

P.notoginseng is similiar in action to P.quinquefolius or better known as american ginseng

All from the same family but have differnet actions

Sorry but cant help you in regards to reducing bleeding & ginsengs at the moment.

There are prob a lot more beneficial astringent style/ coaugulant herbs about.

It depends on the application & need as to what works well.

One of the most effective things I have found is acupuncture for a fresh wound that should have needed stitches.

I know its not ginseng but ....

Are you sure panax ginseng a coaugulant. Asian and american ginseng has an action that is almost identical to me.

Panax notoginseng or sanchi is supposed to be very good at stopping bleeding such as nosebleeds. From what I have read it is supposed to be one of the most powerful herbs for stopping bleeding- not all ginsengs only the panax notoginseng. Also does anyone know what type of store would sell this? Any suggestions for where to buy it in Adelaide?

Try a supermarket in chinatown/central markets

I can get quality panax ginseng, dang shen, american and siberian ginsengs but ive never seen notoginseng. Ill ask my friend about it.

I can get quality panax ginseng, dang shen, american and siberian ginsengs but ive never seen notoginseng. Ill ask my friend about it.

Yes, that would be good, i'm interested in it.

Does anyone know what the common name is that chinese people use? I went to a chinese herb shop and asked for notoginseng or sanchi, but she didn't seem to understand. In the end she said do you want sanchi? and I said yes, that is what I have been saying all along. So she gave me 100g for $6. Does anyone know if it is possible to identify what type of ginseng it is just by having the dried sliced roots, because I am still not sure if she even gave me the right thing. Also what is the best way to take dried ginseng for maximum strength? e.g. should it be boiled, or just put in a tea pot? How much?