The Corroboree
solomon

NZ Trichocereus Clones

I agree about the peruvianoids, but the 2nd might be considered closer to cuzco maybe?

I am not sure though, it too looks peruv

Alright sorry for the teasing, heres the money shot :lol:

gallery_9685_411_539326.jpg

post-7609-0-31597300-1316180403_thumb.jp

Close up

post-7609-0-31597300-1316180403_thumb.jpg

post-7609-0-31597300-1316180403_thumb.jpg

man that's an orgasmic cactus! ...

same clone as this you reckon centipede?

...a gift from the south island...

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

lol who was the cheeky bugger who sent you that ae?

cool plant. i also brought a couple of absolutely beautiful pups from that blue monster,

will post pics of mine at a later date but yes your plant very well could be the same one :)

ol who was the cheeky bugger who sent you that ae?

cool plant. i also brought a couple of absolutely beautiful pups from that blue monster,

will post pics of mine at a later date but yes your plant very well could be the same one :)

Hi bogfrog...no,no it was my cousin peaches , who was gifted two pups from two different NZ clones sourced in Orepuke from Fabricio Sanchez (a semi famous guitar player from Brazil ) who after receiving two mid cuts from some very nice folk from Orepuke carried the cuts safely in his guitar case to Australia (way back when shit like that wasn't an issue) :innocent_n:

MORE HERE: http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25021&pid=266512&st=0entry266512

Since i moved this one into a more sunny position the true nature of its spines have become apparent (bottom photo it the top main stem where you can see where there were once smaller spines... haven't chopped her yet because im hoping she will flower this year, fingers crossed.

nice plants but where are the pics of the hundred year old monsters i've heard so much about?

Hi bogfrog...no,no it was my cousin peaches , who was gifted two pups from two different NZ clones sourced in Orepuke from Fabricio Sanchez (a semi famous guitar player from Brazil ) who after receiving two mid cuts from some very nice folk from Orepuke carried the cuts safely in his guitar case to Australia (way back when shit like that wasn't an issue) :innocent_n:

MORE HERE: http://www.shaman-au...=0

Since i moved this one into a more sunny position the true nature of its spines have become apparent (bottom photo it the top main stem where you can see where there were once smaller spines... haven't chopped her yet because im hoping she will flower this year, fingers crossed.

Good story, I knew I had heard about your NZ Trichos before :P

It does look quite similar, you never know.

Damn, Orepuki is in the wop wops. Places like that where you could grow Trichocereus in the front yard without someone molesting them. Don't get excited blowng I mean chopping em down.

edit: just saw your comment, prier.

I'm sure there was a thread here from a while back with photos of heaps of big pachanoi bushes. On the west coast somewhere, the grower had passed away or something.

Edited by centipede

Don't get excited blowng I mean chopping em down.

..but ... but wouldn't caressing them lovingly ,probing tenderly around each aerole in the absence of prying eyes be much more exciting ?

post-4908-0-37735100-1316417218_thumb.jp

68914_1603589366293 (295).JPG

68914_1603589366293 (295).JPG

• Like 4

hahahahaha! wouldnt that be a sight to wake up to when you hear clunking around outside your bedroom window!

It's my pleasure to introduce

"Quentin"

post-7609-0-93061500-1318832978_thumb.jp

NZ's first melted wax bridgesii?

Seed grown by a friend. This is just a cutting, the mother is in the ground in my back yard :P

post-7609-0-93061500-1318832978_thumb.jpg

post-7609-0-93061500-1318832978_thumb.jpg

Very appropriate name, Props to the person who raised 'em from seeds, a champion! Good steal Centipede, I am truly jealous, doesn't happen too often :drool2:. How big was the plant and have you considered grafting the tip to a bigger tricho?

There are some really beautiful plants in this thread. Nice to see you have some good diversity in NZ.

I still wish I had managed to bring back that monstrose looking peruvianus seedling I saw in a supermarket in Wellington at the beginning of the year (I can't remember the name of it, but it's one of the major ones in NZ).

lol what you should have told me and i would have got my dad to go to the supermarket and buy it haha!

I should have. Next time I will for sure. That plant was far too interesting to end up in some non-collector's garden who wouldn't even have appreciated it monstrosity. I was surprised you could buy cacti at a supermarket!

when i was little i used to get cacti from the supermarket as my weekly treat instead of lollies. my parents always fed me 'hippy food' as i used to call it, but now i think that was a lovely alternative to crap!

Edited by bogfrog
  • Like 2

Centipede I feel honoured that you named that melted wax Bridgesii after me, couldn't believe it when i saw my name there!

Can't really take too much credit, germinated the seed and there it was.

When you get a chance would love to see some of the other plants I sold you in ther new home.

lol your request will no doubt be fulfilled!

Bog Frog has that fat Bridgesii tip thrown any roots yet?

damn nice crests thar!

it has actually! that one sure is a stunner, i will get snapping in andy's garden for you today

Edited by bogfrog
  • Like 1

Love the secret garden! Is that fatty blue guy in there Martin? Or from somewhere else..

I will try snap some pics of your guys Trichos at my place over the weekend.

fatty blue is the same one from martin, you and your little lady still need to come out for a visit bro!