The Corroboree

master darklight, i am confident you work it out.

that deflasking isn't too easy doesn't surprise me at all, from the little experiments i have done so far with this plant, my observations go hand in hand with yours and rev's.

yesterday i saw that one flower had fallen off, disecting it i found 4 inmature seeds in it!

i run out into the garden to see what happend to them lately....

ahh, one flower is still attached and looking down the calyx it looks like she has been pollinated.

i got 3 lago plants, but only one started flowering yet.

i got mine underneath the shadecloth.

i fert them once in a while with small amounts and with a weak solution.

i let the pots become quite dry between waterings.

i do spray the leaves with the hose down a bit.

i think the flower fell off because of lack of water.

warning, warning!

fxxk one of my plants died, maybe fusarium, halve of the plant wilted than the other halve followed.

i keep the two ones i got left very dry now, drier than ever befor, i think thats the way to avoid this problem.

the plants were kept quite dry even before this happend, so please be carefull.

The same sort of things happened to me. They die very easily. One thing I did notice is they seem to require full sun so don't keep them in the shade. They remind me of syrian rue in the difficulty of growing them. Best of luck, PH, and all those who still have plants.

warning, warning!

fxxk one of my plants died, maybe fusarium, halve of the plant wilted than the other halve followed.

i keep the two ones i got left very dry now, drier than ever befor, i think thats the way to avoid this problem.

the plants were kept quite dry even before this happend, so please be carefull.

sad nes

mine karked it

exact same symptoms as P/helper

i beleiev its a drainage issue. very heavy downpours here preceeding the wilting

pity ist such a wet year. in any normal year here itd have been fine.

the plant was very healthy leading up to it but it seems the wetness causes a stem girdling

my conclusion is that it needs a much more rocky mineral soil than my dark alluvial soils are

sharper drainage and less organic matter

other than that it was growing great

i have more seeds. oh well - do not pass go...

dont rest on your laurels p/helper ;) im still working LOL

these are germination instructions by 'Shaman's palace':

The seeds supposedly can have a long dormancy if conditions arent right for germination. Here are some key's. Seed that is planted as soon as ripe and stored in soil over the frosty winter has the highest germination rate, while seed sown in spring will doesnt do as good. Also lagochilus' roots need to be able to grow deep. No shallow planting. Shallow planting would cause the plant to die if it gets too rootbound. Sand or other stratification works well. Also seeds wont sprout with the first watering due to being a desert type plant. One must let them go through a few cycles of dry and wet.

now in my case all looks different....

i ordered Lagochilus seeds,kratom (22$!!!!) and voacanga from 'IamShaman' and i planted 20 seeds of Lagochilus 0.5cm deep (1 week ago).

i watered the surface till the water get out from drainge holes like always...

since than i never watered the soil and i was waiting for soil to dry.

today i just wanted to move the pot to another place in my garden and for my GREAT SUPRISE i saw 5 seedlings of lago!!!!!!!!!!!!

what the fuck?????????????????????????????????????????????????

how is it possible, i thought i'm gonna wait forever for germination.

i watered the soil right away and meanwhile i will not expose them to direct sun till they will be at least 2 weeks old.

in this week the climate was hot in days and little cold in nights.

(spring starts...)

now i have to pic the young seedlings they are so cute :P

i hope my seeds are indeed Lagochilus Inebrians.

from my expereince with 'iamshaman' - they are one of the best vendors for ethno things...

so i tend to beleive my seeds are ok but soon i'll upload pics so u can tell me your opinion...

Good Day Australia!

how many hours of daylight should i expose them ?

i guess, indoors with artificial light is not so good for them, as indoors might facilitate damping off and wilting diseases.

keep them outdoors, protected from rain, but recieving a lot of sun.

i guess again, but observations seem to point towards, that lago doesn't care about the photoperiode, so any light periodes should be fine, just copy the daylenghts of uzbekistan, which are similar to yours anyway.

maybe you keep some under lights and some outdoors and take it from there.

btw, it seems they are self fertile!!

i looked down into one of my flowers today and spotted seedformation, my second plant didn't flower whilst those seedproducing flower bloomed!!!

neither did i help out transfering the pollen, but i think it would be beneficial to do so.

damm spidermites attacked her, might risk to spray her with pyrehtrum and than washing the very same off very rapidly with plenty of water.

own seeds, oh that would be sweet as they hopefully germ much easier. ^_^

ph, when my younger or more sensitive plants get mites and I don't want to use pyrethrum on them, I wait till the weather says a few hot days are coming up, and then mist with a high powered hand mister very close to the leaf (bottom mainly) to blast the mites off and hopefully drown the eggs. Repeating this daily for a week seems to completely disrupt their reproduction. It's pretty effective I think, just a bit labour intensive.

I guess you wouldn't have to wait for hot days days with a normal plant but Lago might not like all the extra moisture otherwise.

yeah apoth your methode does work, often even with very good results.

sometimes mite infestations get much better during some rainy periodes.

i will do what you say, hand sprayers are good for this as they produce quite some preassure.

or i might cover the pot in plastic, leaving just the "above ground" not covered, and than blast it with the hose... , hmm but this might make the flowers to fall off...anyway i will try the pyrehtrum on a small part of the plant. neem tree oil might do the trick aswell, maybe in a very safe and weak solution.

Edited by planthelper

i bump this thread aswell, specialy for you harry, as it probably got good info!

Thanx PH :) Your a gentleman and a scholar.