The Corroboree

They came from trade. Not too sure of origins.

We can only hope they make it :)

I am gonna wack the other 4 in the fridge tonight.

[ 15. September 2005, 02:16: Message edited by: Jack ]

darcy i hope so

they definitely have the strong lago aroma from very early on

lets just see how long it take for the first generation to run full cycle...

hurraaaaaaaay! :blink:

i woke up this morning with a bit of sadness because of my dreams regarding to a relationship didn't fullfill, so i took a walk to my nursery to cheer me up (plants allways make me happy)...

than i realized i haven't checked on my lago seed's since i sowed them.

i had the opinon they wouldn't sprout anyway...

to my total surprise, halfe of them came up! :)

now there is no doubt that i would not have been successful without reading this topic, thank you guys (specialy jack :wub: ).

i followed his log and put some seeds into a plate with little water and left the same in the fridge (normal compartment, not the freezer area) for a couple of weeks. over this periode i exchanged the water 3 times (none of them showed rootdevelopment, but some swoll up a bit), than i planted those precious seeds about 3 to 5mm deep.

before this i planted heaps of them straight into the pottingmix and none came up.

so water stratification in the fridge is the secret to germ those seeds! :wink:

i am sooo happy!

hurraaaaaaaay! :blink:

i woke up this morning with a bit of sadness because of my dreams regarding to a relationship didn't fullfill, so i took a walk to my nursery to cheer me up (plants allways make me happy)...

than i realized i haven't checked on my lago seed's since i sowed them.

i had the opinon they wouldn't sprout anyway...

to my total surprise, halfe of them came up! :)

now there is no doubt that i would not have been successful without reading this topic, thank you guys (specialy jack :wub: ).

i followed his log and put some seeds into a plate with little water and left the same in the fridge (normal compartment, not the freezer area) for a couple of weeks. over this periode i exchanged the water 3 times (none of them showed rootdevelopment, but some swoll up a bit), than i planted those precious seeds about 3 to 5mm deep.

before this i planted heaps of them straight into the pottingmix and none came up.

so water stratification in the fridge is the secret to germ those seeds! :wink:

i am sooo happy!

Well done planthelper! Will post some pics of my plants soon :D

they are quite prone to spidermite attack

but the rain sorts that out

i may put that punnet into the frideg and see if it wakes up those seeds that never sprouted..

anyone got a flower pic of the MJB strain? I have something that should be flowers, but I am not convinced.

Good news PH about the seedlings but sorry to hear about your personal setbacks...I know how excited you were.

Maybe the Lago will show in your dreams what you are to do next.I know it's been helping me HEAPS lately.I've been smoking one cone each night now for close on 3 weeks and as far as putting the past to rest I can't falt it.

Take care mate.

tort what i saw on your plant was most definately the beginning of a flower.

at least i can say i got all my seeds by taking them out of those spikey little trumpets which you showed me.

my seed came aswell from mjb.

so is that trumpet the flower, or just the sepals? where is the petal?

yep, that's what I thought I should have. sepals have come and gone, but I've never spotted a petal.

Ive got 10 lago seeds in some filtered water stored in my fridge, 1/2 of them have turned green 24hrs later, so Im wondering, maybe I should put them in some sterilised sand now instead of waiting a few weeks?

I found some awsome picutres of the Lagochilus.

logochilos4.jpg

logochilos3.jpg

logochilos7.jpg

logochilos.jpg

logochilos5.jpg

Referenced webpage on Lago

Jack put his stuff up on the wiki recently, which I think is pretty cool, so I went out and scrounged for whatever info I could (which is not much).

http://www.ethnobotanica.org/wiki/index.ph...=Lagochilus_spp.

I've put the taxo info up along with the same crap that is on every other Lago site anywhere on the net, but what sets it apart is that it actually has proven propagation info now :lol:

Botanical info is up, but sparse and very lacking.

EDIT:

Forum software strips the trailing "." in the link, can't seem to fix it. So if you click the link and it says "no text found" just add a . to the end of the URL.

i got no idea what made them green, i can't be chlorophill as it's dark in a fridge on top of that i never heard of seeds getting green. but roots can turn green.

maybe you should plant half out and leave the rest for longer in the fridge.

i had some seeds turn into mush and it didn't hurt the other seeds obviously, so i think it's save to leave them for longer in the fridge.

however and we discussed before, fresh seeds often don't need stratification and after all your greening might have happend because your seed is fresh.

another thing is, maybe your strilized sand isn't so good as it will not contain any nutriens, but again i know you will know how to add nutrients.

i would put a little bit of nutes allready in the sand or into the stratification water, like this the seeds don't get shocked. nothing is worse for a seedling to be born into a starving situation and than to get ferted.

great work apoth, now i remeber the illustrations from that book, whats it's name again it's online somewhere...

The drawings are from The Golden Guide Planthelper. :)

Im not sure where they sourced the photo's from though, they also sell the herb so they probabaly took it them self's?

The Golden Guide can be found here:

The Golden Guide

The Golden Guide is also on the psychedelics CD I sent you along with other similar titles.

I have to repot my seedlings soon and was wondering how sensative they are to transplant.

Thanks

transplant doesn't seem to worry plants with woody stems. Water damage (bark splitting) at the base of the stem appears to be a bigger problem.

Thanks

Show and tell time? :)

lago_c.jpg

They smell lovely

but very bitter tasting

Edited by Rev

update:

tort reported what he called barksplitting, i want to add that i lost one of my plants to what he might referre to. it's some sort of damping off, the whole bark came off at the area close to the soillevel in other words a bark rot. i feel responsible for this happening as i was so stupid to place water soacked dynamic lifter pellets on top of the soil. the "virulence" or some other micro organisms of the decaying matter must have caused it. so lets be carefull about this in the future and make sure the surface dries out periodicly.

my plants have much longer internodes the yours rev, i suppose thats because my plants get more N.

i managed to sprout one more seedling, but a bloody canetoad or whatever destroyed it (cane toads dig holes into the moist pottingmix).

i tried one cutting but the too much sun burned it, allthough i thought it was save behind the shade cloth and recieving only morning light.

the small ammount of dried herb which i ended up with preparing the cutting got smoked today.

it was only two puffs worth, but ther was again this sensation, even though i must say it was not over spectacular. so i conclude, our lago is active and fresh is the best.

has anyone managed to get own seeds by now?

i am worried if we don't try our best we will not be able to establish this plant for good.

anyway lago rocks! :lol::rolleyes::wub:

photos of my flowering lago!

let's hope i get some seeds...

anybody else had them flower?

it was hard to get the flowers in focus, i used close up mode, but still the photos could be better....

this is my first ever photo upload and i will upload more.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...&cmd=si&img=314

hey, what ya reckon, ohm i bloody good hand model aswell, hey darcy, lol.

yes, its mjb seed.

no, not enough for any extracts.

i smoked some of the leaves though, one time i felt some sensation right away, the other time not much was felt but my heart papilated...

i might add member being's a nice link where carl talks about lago (as some might have overlooked it), thx being!!...

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...?showtopic=8896

than click the link, than carls lago talk.

oh, don't you like his talks and than suddenly torts voice appears, it's a must see (ahem, correction a must hear) :rolleyes:

im close behind you buddy :) mine are flowering too :)

I read a post on edot, which seems to come from someone who is farming them in Uzbek, that they last for three years.

I've got thousands of the little buggers, literally thousands. I can even induce root formation. They just don't deflask well, or even at all. The balance between keeping them damp enough to keep them fine during the transformation into drier air and overwatering them is waaaay too fine, even ground level watering can be too much. Frustrating! I may have to get ruthless with them

IME trying to grow small plants in this weather is madness

its just too bloody scorching hot, and humid, or bucketing down and fungal heaven - it fucks with small plants

especially ones with furry leaves

my seed efforts are on hold till autumn kicks in

i would think that the milder conditions then would be conducive to deflasking

i know for cerrtyain that frost doesnt bother them even as very small young plants

i mean righ tnext to them planst turning to mush and icicles hanging off fencposts in the early morning and the lago dont give a shit

so my 2c worth is to suggest to make it ur autumn / winter project