The Corroboree
basalamant

Abusive Husband: my debut comic series.

Well obviously it is, but you posted them here because you wanted other people's opinions :)

Exactly; what I should have said was "it's up to the people who view them to decide" :P

Hey basalment, I'm really impressed with your ability to take criticism on your creations. I know that when I hear criticism about my creativity I tend to take as a personal attack. After I posted that i was concerned that it may have come across as nasty.

That other comic looks cool. I dig the drawing and the subject seems more interesting to me.

So would you call these comics? Is this because they appear in a short format? Have you thought about a longer format? Have you ever read any "graphic novels"? Personally I would like to see a graphic novel that was like "Adam". Or does it have chapters or episodes?

Hey basalment, I'm really impressed with your ability to take criticism on your creations. I know that when I hear criticism about my creativity I tend to take as a personal attack. After I posted that i was concerned that it may have come across as nasty.

That other comic looks cool. I dig the drawing and the subject seems more interesting to me.

So would you call these comics? Is this because they appear in a short format? Have you thought about a longer format? Have you ever read any "graphic novels"? Personally I would like to see a graphic novel that was like "Adam". Or does it have chapters or episodes?

Thanks Quill. What people say/type/read when they form criticism is all just words. Words are just words; meaningless. But... it depends on how you perceive and construct these words as to how you define your personal perspective' everything is seen in various perspectives in my world which is why everything is so confusing to me and why I struggle so very hard to deal with people and the things they do and say... on the same topic, I knew most people wouldn't like them and I choose negative criticism over positive ANY DAY. "This is really good! Keep up!" which hey is still good, I really appreciate you and others saying you like my drawings because I struggle to believe they're that good, but what is even better is if someone has something negative and constructive to say about something they don't like and why; it opens doors for IMPROVEMENT but as I said, everything to me is seen in multiple perspective so sometimes improvement can go the wrong way. I have a friend who constantly disgree's with me on everything she has no reason as to why, this irks me; how can you have an opinion but not evaluate the piss out of it? "I don't like it" "Why?" "I just don't." EH!

It depends if they're comics or not based on the story I write; I have a series called Mara's Garden which is a story I have written with beginning, middle and end and follows precise characters and situations that eventually close the story but it's fantasy and very very hard and long to draw so one day, I'm sure, I'll get really into it.. Adam is plotless, remember, but it does have episodes where he gets into trouble with his chaotic news reporter/demon friends, its a broad and scattered series so it can go on forever or end quickly; one comic I did of Adam is him piquing on his trip, and he brushes away a mosquito, then turns melts into it and buzzes this multicoloured rainbow all over the room, then buzzes by himself saying the same thing he did 5 seconds ago and replies to what he previously said (ew! A mosquito!) with "gee...can I really be that much of a grouch...?" and that's it.... Cut Corners is somewhat the same, though it deals with things that happen between the emotions of characters and are dragged out over a period of comics between comics. So yes, most of them appear in a rather long format which is why they take a tediously long time to finish because I write the comic, then it takes a long long long time to complete it and I often get bored with the characters dwelling on the same topic. I know Mara's Garden will become what you say as graphic novels.. just not about superheroes.

• Like 3

keep expressing without any heaviness here man

:)

What do you mean? Do you mean the comics or what I am saying...?

he means post moar stuff up. i want to see more, i can take or leave the plots and junk but the drawings are tops-as.

• Like 1

Thank you! Hm, and AHis the cruder style.. oh shucks all you are just peachy people :P

Ah thanks, okay sure. Umm perhaps I'll put up something I finished yesterday... only one slide... not a complete strip...