The Corroboree
nabraxas

Israel to consider legalization of drugs

A special committee has been tasked with studying the prospect of legalizing 'soft drugs' in Israel as traditional methods of fighting drugs continue to fail.

Following a major rise in the number of drug addicts amongst the Israeli population, several members of the Israeli Parliament (Knesset) have called for the formation of a special anti-drug committee to consider legalizing the possession and use of soft narcotics.

They have described the existing anti-drugs mechanisms in Israel as ineffective and obsolete.

Knesset members argue that the traditional policies employed in the fight against drugs have not only failed to reduce drug consumption but also led to an alarming rise in organized crime.

They have also asked for the committee to make an assessment into the position of soft drugs in society compared to cigarettes and alcohol.

Many advocates of drug legalization argue that the prohibition of drugs is the backbone of organized crime and drug trafficking. They argue that taxing soft drugs would pay for public education on the issue of drug use.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/184546.html

It would make a change for Israel to be addicted to something other than bloodshed. Its drugs of choice are war, murder and atrocity, not to mention threatening all its neighbouring countries, with whom it refuses to live in peace. At least if they are high on pot, they may be less inclined to fly their F16s and bomb places like Gaza.

:lol:

• Like 1

"prohibition of drugs is the backbone of organized crime"

Al Capone and the Mafia with prohibition.

Now international crime cartels that operate on such a scale and have such power as to make Capone look like an amateur.

• Like 1

i've read that alot ov E passes through Israel. If this legislation passes it might increase the global supply.

Many Israelis, after leaving the army, go on a massive drug binge in countries like India, Thailand & Cambodia; & there's nothing wrong w/that, but I wonder what would happen if they could just stay in Tel Aviv & smoke? :lol:

Edited by nabraxas

Organised crime seems to be pretty big in Israel

Israel's a criminally-occupied region so technically everything that goes on there is illegal. :P Though recognised as a state by most countries (including ours, depressingly), not by all.

Organised crime seems to be pretty big in Israel, mostly involving the drugs trade. I wonder if legalisation would help their export business? :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_mafia

Many Israelis, after leaving the army, go on a massive drug binge in countries like India, Thailand & Cambodia; I wonder what would happen if they could just stay in Tel Aviv & smoke constantly? :lol:

i think the ecstasy scene is pretty big in israel. popular documentary on it i forget the name of.

Israel's a criminally-occupied region so technically everything that goes on there is illegal. :P Though recognised as a state by most countries (including ours, depressingly), not by all.

personally i don't think the existence of israel per se is criminal, though a great deal of what they do is. i don't know how they live with themselves, theyre just like "okay, today we are taking THIS land". its so shitty! then again i don't think we should turn this thread into an israel/palestine/whatever debate...

also on that map are a lot of arab countries which simply don't recognise israel because they are antisemetic. i don't think that counts.

but yeah its good to see that legalisation is getting more and more coverage worldwide.

personally i don't think the existence of israel per se is criminal, though a great deal of what they do is. i don't know how they live with themselves, theyre just like "okay, today we are taking THIS land". its so shitty!

Where does their land stop and start though? They're as entitled to the land that falls within their somehow ever-growing border as to the heart of Israel when it was first declared.

aJ6VMF.jpg

on that map are a lot of arab countries which simply don't recognise israel because they are antisemetic. i don't think that counts.

Arabs are semitic people as well. They're the only ones bold enough to publicly deny the claims because it's their cultural/religious/historical land. European (and Euro-origin) nations aren't game to make a stand because it's "anti-semitic", anti-Jewish, racist and humanitarian... I mean...not the last one! :BANGHEAD2:

then again i don't think we should turn this thread into an israel/palestine/whatever debate...

Yeah, sorry. Couldn't help it. Dog with a bone. ;)

• Like 1

i know its a lil off topic, but seeing as most the pot dealers i know of are stoners themselves, it's really quite amusing, no, down right hilarious the idea that dealing of prohibited drugs like weed are the back bone of criminal organizations hahahahaha!!!!

Yeah but ubza, most pot dealers you know of aren't a big part of organised crime are they? I'd say they're hardly organised at all. They're the clients. Bottom of the ladder. Whereas massive shipments, production of drugs in labs, distribution and sales etc. They definitely turn a profit. If you don't get stupid and start over-sampling your wares then don't you think it would be a pretty high return system?

What do you think would be an income earner for organised crime syndicates that beats the drug trade? Money laundering? Perhaps the weapons trade?

I knew some israelis who were fucking hardcore amongst a group of hardcore trippers. the joint is full of X apparently.