The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
myco

where can i get mason jars in perth

hey all havin a bit of trouble here im looking for some mason jars in perth

im sure i read somewhere that you could get em at coles but i checked out the local coles and woolworths and they dont have em i also asked in bunnings when i went to grab some verm but no luck there either if anyone can recomend anywhere let me no asap i wont be up here much longer so i needa find some fast

thanks

thrift shops are good for sourcing these kinda things the salvos etc if your having real trouble finding shiney new ones once they have been sterilised they would be fine!....one can be surprised wat they can find in second hand junk shop, i have built all kinds of nice useful contraptions from other ppls junk, and the best blender i ever got came from the salvos, its a champ, i destroyed so many nice shiney silver expensive ones & the $5 throw away plastic that i got @ the op shop just keeps blending away its indestructable, gotta love old school quality @ times!

http://aussimushroomsupplies.com/grow-jars.htm

Edited by applesnail

verm = asbestos, and i'm pretty sure people order all from the same online shop, i forget what the link is i'm sure somebody will chime in

so normal jars wont break they will be steamed for sterilization as i dont have a pressure cooker

the other thing i was a bit worried about is getting the cakes out as most normal jars have a smaller rim

and wtf verm = asbestos are you serious??

although it is possible to find traces of asbestos in contaminated verm

verm is not esbestos and should not contain any esbestos

Although not all vermiculite contains asbestos, some products were made with vermiculite that contained asbestos until the early 1990s. Vermiculite mines throughout the world are now regularly tested for it and are supposed to sell products that contain no asbestos. The former vermiculite mine in Libby, Montana, did have tremolite asbestos as well as winchite and richterite (both fibrous amphiboles) — in fact, it was formed underground through essentially the same geologic processes as the contaminants. A vermiculite mine in Virginia has also been found to be contaminated by asbestos.[broken citation][4]

Pure vermiculite does not contain asbestos and is non-toxic, but it can become contaminated over long periods if there is a presence of a secondary mineral called diopside. After millions of years of weathering, the biotite turns into vermiculite and the diopside turns into asbestos.

thanks for the help all

hooked some up now :)

and buy a PC

u wont regret it. reduce cooking time and energy consumtion dramatically for stews n curry's n stuff. Should it ever become mycologically redundant.

Yeah, there is a big thread on pressure cookers. Go to Amazon.com and buy an All American Pressure Cooker if you want the best or get yourself a Presto if you want to save some money.