The Corroboree
Idiot

Perth 2011

Hi

Yesterday after work I've checked my local spot and guess who showed up :D

Please be very careful with our new born babies and give them some time to spread their spore.

Cut with scissors to save your self another chance of fruiting in the next rain.

Plant one out of three in a new spot to save these amazing teachers.

med_gallery_6259_425_15837.jpg

med_gallery_6259_425_69751.jpg

Edited by Idiot

Hi

Yesterday after work I've checked my local spot and guess who showed up :D

Who?

Please be very careful

Damn right. I hope you'll be very careful & go nowhere near them.

Very cute! I found some babies closer to the city than i would've expected. They're out and about this year

false alarm

sorry to inform you that it was a false alarm and Perth is not cold enough for Gym.P yet and all these babies are Gym.A

Here are some photos from this morning:

med_gallery_6259_426_350403.jpg

med_gallery_6259_426_191917.jpg

med_gallery_6259_426_39450.jpg

med_gallery_6259_426_312512.jpg

med_gallery_6259_426_334598.jpg

And some random mushrooms in my gallery for people who are interested

Lushness. Lots of love with these babies indeed.... Thankyou for the pictures!

woops posted at the same time - oh well, still thanks anyway!

false alarm

sorry to inform you that it was a false alarm and Perth is not cold enough for Gym.P yet and all these babies are Gym.A

And some random mushrooms in my gallery for people who are interested

So what are you saying that the shrooms in this thread and your gallery are.

They look too red to be Gym.A.

just the ones in this thread ^^^ are Gym.P, others in my gallery of today are random mushrooms

Random mushrooms:

med_gallery_6259_426_277127.jpg

med_gallery_6259_426_69610.jpg

med_gallery_6259_426_247374.jpg

med_gallery_6259_426_270513.jpg

med_gallery_6259_426_258809.jpg

Edited by Idiot

Nice photos man

looks like its time to go for a bushwalk

:shroomer:

Edited by sidewayschef

Was hoping there would be a picture of a sub in here... :(

Gym is good too though :)

I am very paranoid about Galerina and there are a lot of them here in Perth

We all know that they look fairly similar to our Subs and I can not tell the difference

To be honest with you I don't have the guts to go to B city face to face with the brainwashed soldiers of THE MAN

I wish I could go there and see those Subs and then I could walk around in Perth and find them here

post-6259-0-01525700-1307320214_thumb.jp

post-6259-0-01525700-1307320214_thumb.jpg

post-6259-0-01525700-1307320214_thumb.jpg

Ideally one should look for all the terms Gymnopilus purpuratus, Gymnopilus cf.purpuratus and Gymnopilus sp.

Accordind to a glossary I have cf stands for confer, compare (with), so it would indicate that the specimen closely resembled G.purpuratus but wasn't accurately identified.

The specimen would therefore be either G.purpuratus or a closely related species likely to be both undescribed and active.

Ideally one should look for all the terms Gymnopilus purpuratus, Gymnopilus cf.purpuratus and Gymnopilus sp.

Mycot

I think I'll be able to get some fresh spore prints next Saturday.

I found this new batch of Gym.p and I'm watering them every 2nd day, they should be in good shape for the weekend

I was wrong about being wrong :blush:

I've spotted correctly at the first place and these guys actually are Gym.P (100% tested :wink: )

med_gallery_6259_427_114166.jpg

sweet ;-)

false alarm

by Gym.A do you mean G. allantopus? what are you basing that ID on? doesn't sound at all like the description

Gymnopilus allantopus (Berk.) Pegler, Austral. J. Bot. 13,324 (1965).

Etymology: from the Greek allanto pus meaning 'sausage-shaped foot', in reference to the base of the stipe

which may often be quite swollen.

Holotypus: Australia. Western Australia. Swan R., exact collection date unknown, J. Drummond, No 100, K

type.

Pileus 15-45 (-90) mm, hemispherical becoming obtuse convex, mostly with a small to broad umbo,

occasionally plane, circular; colour varying from yellow-buff to orange-yellow at the margin, more ferruginous

yellow to foxy brown to brown at the disc, 12F-G9-10, margin always slightly incurved, becoming decurved to

uplifted in older specimens; young collections covered with a fine, silky, radially fibrillose to slightly tomentose

universal veil which disappears with age, leaving small white patches 1-2 mm in from the margin or

occasionally fine, white, appendiculate remains. These are lost in mature collections leaving a radially fibrillose

surface which is dull, dry, not hygrophanous, finely punctate squamulose at the disc under a hand lens; context

dull cream to lemon yellow, 3—4 mm thick at the disc. Lamellae broadly adnate to sinuate, thin, crowded, paler

than the pileus, lemon-cream to lemon, becoming yellow-ferruginous, margin slightly paler; 2 or 3 sets of

lamellulae. Stipe (12-) 20-55 (-85) x (3-) 4-8 mm, which may be enlarged to 23 mm at the widest point,

central, with a small, white, felty, basal tomentum, equal to enlarged at the base, longitudinally striate, covered

with fine, white, silky, fibrillose remains which form a fibrillar zone almost amounting to a fugacious annulus

below the pruinose stipe apex; the fibrillar remains also cover the lamellae in young specimens, and are easily

removed with handling leaving a stipe surface which darkens; firm, fibrous, hollow to stuffed. Odour: not

distinctive. Taste: bitter. Spore print: golden rust.

Chemical tests: 5% KOH on cap darkens slowly to deep chestnut but does not become black (-ve); small

amount of lemon-yellow pigment diffusing from lamella fragments taken from young basidiomata in 5% KOH.

that sucks

edit

whoops i totally read that wrong

Edited by myco