The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nabraxas

Pill Reports

yeah man, they aint even worth risking for the most part these days. The younger generations dont even know what the real stuff is like!

Yeah - somehow by stopping precursors and forcing kids to take more dangerous and untested drugs the man has had a win for drug control? Personally I think it should be mandatory for all members of parliament LOL.

'Choose life, not drugs!' - 'how do you know? have you tried both?'

unfortunately i am one of the new gen, i tried pseudo pills once, i was told they were "good", this was about 9 months ago, i couldn't believe how shit they were, i knew they wouldn't compare to the real thing, but to be as bad as they were, what a joke.

politics is a farce, drug control is a farce, i'm sticking with san pedro..

i was giving a guy lifts to and from work around that time, and he was selling them, and i was over his house a couple of times and i got a bit of a look into that culture, and it made me sick, him and his mates, every weekend, snorting these shit pills, thinking they're top shit cause they take drugs and go out to clubs that play the latest and best hits (kesha, rihanna, etc etc etc), they'd smoke meth from time to time, and he'd explain to me how awesome it was, lighting the pipe the correct way and watching the smoke coming up the pipe.. the government has created this sub-culture, and these people dont see what they're doing as bad at all, the state of their health doesn't come into their thought process at all, because life is all about clubbing, there is nothing better than.

if you dont believe me then turn on the radio and listen to every single song who's subject matter is about clubbing

I had the opportunity recently to get some but didn't. I went home checked out pillrep0rts and found out one was apparently meth, one apparently butylone (they think), and the other piperazines. BANGHEAD2.gif

I brought a whole tin of those Red Mushrooms yesterday. Definitely inactive but for $5 an ounce they don't taste too bad and you get to keep the cool tin they come in.

• Like 1

^^^^^^ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow , we are getting Experience reports on (left blank to reserve humor) now. Awesome......

Man what's happened? I haven't had a pill in maybe 4 years, and had no problems at all sourcing MDMA and MDA then. And 4 years isn't a long time ago at all. Seems as though things have dried up overnight. Just bizarre, half the time the compounds they are replacing MDMA with are just as illegal, and often you would assume they'd be more expensive than MDMA to purchase or produce. I know they've been cracking down on safrole and MDP2P but surely as with anything, more gets through than is seized.

So they're sending all the good pills to Europe ehh? Well that's not good business sense, everyone knows Aussies are prepared to pay double for their drugs than most other people.

Edited by Alice

I know they've been cracking down on safrole and MDP2P but surely as with anything, more gets through than is seized.

So they're sending all the good pills to Europe ehh?

not so much it seems.

Real ecstasy pills have almost vanished from Britain's clubs over the last two years, an investigation for Radio 1 Newsbeat suggest.

Almost all of the tablets seized by police are now testing negative for the active chemical in ecstasy, MDMA.

"It's a huge drop," said Dean Aimes at the Forensic Science Service. "The pill market has changed and we see very few ecstasy tablets now."

Trends in the drugs market could explain part of the fall.

That could mean substances like mephedrone taking the place of ecstasy.

But both dealers and law enforcement agencies say a global crackdown on the industrial chemicals, or precursors, used to make the drug is a more significant factor.

Illegal laboratories in Europe are now unable to produce MDMA, so are being forced to use other chemicals with effects similar to weak amphetamines.

'Obviously changed something'

1.5% of 16 to 59-year-olds who fill out the annual British crime survey say they take ecstasy at least once a year.

Multiplied across the population it suggests at least 540,000 people use the drug, making it the third most popular illegal substance after cannabis and cocaine.

Asian crackdown

* To make ecstasy, illegal drug laboratories need a chemical PMK or oil known as safrole.

* PMK has a legitimate use in industries like perfume manufacturing. In the past, drums of the chemical, made in China, would disappear from container ships and end up with criminal gangs.

* Since 2004 law enforcement agencies in China have worked more closely with police in Europe to control the supply of that chemical.

* There is some evidence labs have been switching to safrole, produced from the bark of what is now an endangered tree in South East Asia.

* A series of raids by conservation authorities and government troops in Cambodia have recently targeted manufacturing sites there. A single raid in June 2009 destroyed 5.7 tones of the oil, enough to make 44 million ecstasy tablets.

But users say the availability and purity of the pills on the market today has fallen sharply.

"We've just seen this sudden drop. The experience has completely changed in two years," one told Newsbeat.

"We've started wondering what is in the pills because they must have changed something."

Another said: "There is a real drought in the UK. More people are taking cocaine because ecstasy just isn't available anymore."

Figures from the Forensic Science Service show a sharp fall in the number of pills testing positive for MDMA.

Just 27 batches seized in the first three months of 2010 contained the chemical down from 152 in 2009 and 1046 in 2006.

Police agencies and drug researchers attribute the fall to tighter restrictions on the 'precursor' chemicals used to make ecstasy in the first place.

"It's relatively simple," said Roumen Sedefov, at the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction.

"We have observed a lack of precursors as the basic reason. For years manufacturers were using chemicals from China and now that is more tightly controlled."

Switch to peps

There is growing evidence laboratories in Europe are switching from making MDMA to tablets containing piperazines, a little known family of chemicals found in many of the so called "legal highs" that were banned in December 2009.

Those pills are often sold as ecstasy even though the effect on the body is more like weak amphetamines and can cause vomiting and sickness.

The Forensic Science Service tested 386 batches of pills containing piperazines in the first three months of 2010 - up from zero in 2005 and far higher than the 27 that contained MDMA.

A study of the substances found at last year's Glastonbury Festival by staff at St George's Hospital, part of the University of London, confirms the trend.

Of the 1,848 tablets seized by security in 2009, 695 tested positive for piperazines while just 154 contained MDMA.

"People might think they are taking ecstasy but they aren't," said Dr John Ramsay, from St George's.

"You can't possibly know what's in the tablets because they look exactly the same. Some have nasty side effects.

"One of the chemicals we tested has even been used to cause headaches, to try and research them."

"You can take too much and overdose or just have a bad time. The truth is you never know quite what you're going to get."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/10353130

I'm sure the government is proud of how little MDMA is now available, instead substitute by all many of other chemicals, many of them far more harmful than MDMA itself. It's fucked, MDMA is an incredible drug, with massive therpeutic potential, yet now it's almost impossible to source. I wouldn't even try anymore.

i have often wondered whether blackmarket economics has a part in any of this ? My thoughts being that meth is highly addictive and its growing number of regular users tend to spend significantly more cash when using the product. If good pills were still around the meth usage and overall sales would (perhaps), be dramatically lower than they are now ?

would it therefore make sense that its beneficial for large scale producers to inhibit the availability of mdma ?

:scratchhead:

just a thought :)

I highly doubt that's the reason MDMA has virtually disappeared. Pills with actual MDMA could always be adulterated with other more addictive chemicals if the manufacturers/dealers were so unscrupulous and so inclined.

I was talking to a friend the other day who was telling me how bad all the pills they had had over the past year or so had been really bad and getting worse. They told me that a fair number of them are really smacky. I questioned how it would be cost effective to adulterate pills with smack, but I suppose if users get addicted to them then it might be worthwhile.

smacky I.E Panadol fort? :P