The Corroboree
ubza_1234

omg amanita

^Yeah, I've read and heard the same (and felt I guess I should add...) I've only taken amanita muscaria 5-6 times with only 3 successful ingestions (psychedelic effects being felt). It was only the times when I didn't notice such effects that the drooling/sweating was really prominent. Which doesn't really make sense to me...

Dude>>

You've been very helpful Mutant with regard to the Amanita Muscaria mushroom. From previous posts it seems you have trouble getting your head around the tryptamine space, you mentioned psilocybes, hence my suggestion that you take more. ...well that is if you only took 1.6 grams, you haven't answered my question yet.

...Also, you've already bothered to reply with your non-reply. I know this is off topic, I just thought if we're all trying to help each other here, I thought I'd throw that out there.

well I am no expert in ingesting psilocybin mushrooms but I don't see no trouble in my getting to know the space. Maybe I see a trouble of some people accepting other people's perspective?

yeah it was 1,6 dried and another two individual times , fresh.frozen after a drunk&stoned session [fun/interesting but a waste of potential and material IMO]

low end standard psiocybin experience from those particular woodlovers [lasted 4,5 hours] has been one of the most impressive experiences ever for me, and this not for the experience itself which was extremely pleasant but, like I said, a stardard low end psychedelic experience, but for the amazing antidepressive, motivating, life-recalibrating effect of the afterglow that lasted over 2 weeks.

so I don't see and a trouble, really. It's pretty obvious that if one needs stronger effects with a classic psychedelic, he should ingest more.

platypii>>>

Does anyone else notice an increase in sweating and salivation with a. muscaria?

I never have with my strain, nor anyone else who tried my strain. I think that these symptoms [hypersalivation, sweating] are rather due to a higher than usual muscarine content of some strains, rather than bad preparation. So it's definately not the norm, but an indication of not such a desired strain.

Other than than muscarias often bring in warmth, not unlike alcohol, so a normal sweating might be due to this too. One could claim it's better to do them in colder weather or at night when temps are lower.

Where your mates experiencing a single batch of amanitas, or various strains? What wood/habitat/region did their mushrooms came from?

It was only the times when I didn't notice such effects that the drooling/sweating was really prominent. Which doesn't really make sense to me...

indeed this sounds strange. maybe my questions about the strain could be enlightening?

=OFF TOPIC=

Mutant, next time try a couple grams in a tea with some kind of vitamin c, like a generous squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Both tea and vitamin c are anti-oxidants which protect the actives and the acid seems to extract it or pre-process it for digestion so it comes on quick.

Tea starts a lot quicker and is usually much more intense and of a shorter duration (although it might not feel like it). The method seems to be the closest thing to dmt I reckon, direct experience of communion with the logos.

Low doses are perfectly fine for getting used to the space, it's just quite interesting the sort of perspective one can get by ingesting only a few more grams, tea seems to be the most effective and least nauseous method. (especially with vit c).

===off topic===

it was with lemon! it came fast, the nausea, the high, the sobering! lovely , yeah it was a low end standard dose. could be more, like 2 or 2,5 . but I would like to try [edit] fast/boost/FB tryptz like dm tri to tell about the more extreme of them and if this feels useful or interesting to me.

for your knowledge, frozen fresh ingested came in in 10 mins. very very fast, the fastest, except perhaps that super fast pot grease some monkey made some months ago...

Edited by mutant

A friend of mine put one properly dried cap (sliced thinly) into a teapot with some T2 De tox tea, with sub-boiling water, let it infuse, then drank along with a bong.gif here and there. She found it extremely pleasant and glowy, similar to aftereffects of D M T. It also pretty much counteracted the MJs drymouth (over and above what the tea would normally do), and it made getting the munchies a lot more enjoyable for some reason; maybe the extra salivary flow helped in that regard? She even found a similar effect though much less exaggerated when tiny slivers were mixed with MJ.

She's had very little experience with A.M otherwise, but would love to explore more.

it made getting the munchies a lot more enjoyable for some reason

AM is a flavor enhancer and seemingly an appetite regulator, that's why, I think

I had something described as amanita muscaria powder once, given to me by a friend's friend while at friend's house. A coarse yellowish woody powder, similar to psilo powder but with a much lighter colour.

We were told a dose was a teaspoon. I washed a heaped tablespoon down with some water; others followed my lead with various admixtures of caution.

There were four or five of us. I began to feel very intoxicated, and perceived that my senses of balance and vision were separated from the world by a great number of of fine gyroscopic wheels and gears, so that it took seconds for a movement of my head to result in a change in what I saw. I was tired, poisoned, deathly tired; had the sensation that gravity was very strong and that unseen ropes were pulling my limbs toward the ground; CAN'T SLEEP CLOWN WILL EAT ME thoughts about lying down. I felt intently that if I gave in to the temptation to close my eyes, or even just give into gravity and lie down, I would never get up. My friends were in a similar state, variously throwing up in the garden, asking with faces frozen in horror to be taken to the hospital (impossible, as we were both remote and completely unable to drive), or just lying unresponsive on the floor.

Once everyone present had separately come to the conclusion they were going to die, and spent a few terrible hours fighting, contemplating or finally giving in to the fact, we eventually woke up the next morning, all miraculously alive. I realised I had been largely cured of my interest in amanita muscaria.

Disclaimer: Other than described above, I have no idea what that powder actually was, or the steps involved in its preparation. Take with salt as appropriate and form your own opinions.

• Like 1

=OFF TOPIC=

Mutant, next time try a couple grams in a tea with some kind of vitamin c, like a generous squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Both tea and vitamin c are anti-oxidants which protect the actives and the acid seems to extract it or pre-process it for digestion so it comes on quick.

Tea starts a lot quicker and is usually much more intense and of a shorter duration (although it might not feel like it). The method seems to be the closest thing to dmt I reckon, direct experience of communion with the logos.

Low doses are perfectly fine for getting used to the space, it's just quite interesting the sort of perspective one can get by ingesting only a few more grams, tea seems to be the most effective and least nauseous method. (especially with vit c).

there is apparently a protein in psilos which the human body cannot digest.this causes some digestive distress,usually mild,but it will bring you back to your body and you will dissociate less .....

so a tea seems best ....

t s t .

nice post mycophage

could be an overdose and/or large dose for virgin stomach.

One spoon full?

Could it be pantherinas? Could it be exctract? Could it be ibotenic acid rich material rather than muscimole rich one?

tst, woodlovers, lea, lemon, still got notable nausea, 1,6 dried.

Think you might be right wise-one.

It starts with A and has 3 syllables.

^^^

I dont get it. Ar-che-ry ? sounds right

A-no - ma - ly, nope thats 4

a nti dote ? could be

tst note these were not subs, but euro/balkan [wild] woodlovers. Psilocybe bo hemica that is bo hemica var. ser bica

He had eaten a bit, very slightly, I don't like to fast completely. You think it might play such a major role? In fact my friend felt it almost as intense [but probably less in duration] to mesca line nausea. Well ok, not as intense, but similarly distracting and sick feeling.

Does anyone enjoy

Amanita Tea,

that's made from just one fresh mushroom?

-- eg.

Take fresh specimen

Boil for 10 or so minutes.

Discard shroom

Drink water

--

i'd hazard to guess that a lot of your experience has to do with the fact that you were eating pasta.

i would never take mushrooms on a full stomach. eating this amount of material with pasta or anything is asking for nausea.

you should be preparing your body as best you can for a journey. how can you expect to easily shift to another level of consciousness if you have a belly full of food. a full belly and astral travles do not go hand in hand.

thats not to say it's not impossibe, just that it's most likely going to be uncomfortable if you are going into a trip while your guts are still trying to digest food. it's a lot to ask of your body. it is not uncommon to hear of people fasting for 24 hours or more before ingesting amanitas.

these plants aren't something you can just chow down on and have with your dinner. they should be ingested as a sacrament and the experience should be taken seriously.

that said, thanks for sharing, your experiences are valuable in that everyone can learn from them.

Respect, awe or otherwise..

'Amanita guts' is nothing to feel spiritual about! lol

Unlike psilo tea.. on an empty stomach, Amanita kinda turns the digestion process on for swim.

Finding and preparing only the choicest specimens helps. And drying them quickly to avoid the larvae growing much.

A good portion of most ppl's Amanita is probably maggots...hasn't had enough u.v...and or hasn't been approached kindly or respectfully enough by the psychonaut.

Anyways, Amanita is one thing I don't blame ppl for having with their dinner.

The milk extract sounds interesting..

Edited by mud
  • Like 1

GROG!

A very good post, mud.

A couple of times while coming up on a mid dose amanita, I have found myself in that state "hey I am starving, my stomach feels empty and is complaining, I will just stop by here to get some souvlaki"

Also prior to my breakthrough, I had eaten... a lot , lol. No ill feelings, except perhaps a nausea at some point before the breakthrough that lasted half a minute or so.

amanitas indeed stimulate appetite / metabolism and in my book it's not a good idea to dose with a empty stomach, let alone breakthrough.

I still haven't got to dose amanitas through a nice meal. I got some in the fridge for this purpose...

A quick report on some interesting experiences I have had with amanita muscaria recently. I had trouble sleeping for a few weeks, and was prescribed a number of pharmaceuticals and supplements to help with this including agomelatine, melatonin, clonazepam and valerian/hops extracts. For me, more effective than all of these at inducing deep good quality sleep is low dose amanita muscaria. I have dosed two medium caps three separate times now after highly stressful periods where my anxiety was through the roof, and each time I have experienced a strong anxiolytic effect followed by a deep 8 hour sleep. the method of preparation was to dry the freshly picked caps at 50 degrees in an oven over night, and then boil in 500mL of water for 1 hour, filter and reduce to 50mL.

IMO this mushroom may not be psychedelic, but it seems to have many benefits as a medicine. Interesting that pharmacies in many european countries are decorated with a red and white mushroom motif.

Edited by kalika

Interesting reports! This kind of nonsense could also explain why some people have varied results:

Trends in Analytical Chemistry, Vol 29, No 8, (2010) - Analytical Methods for Psychoactive N,N-Dialkylated Tryptamines - A paper about the detection and analysis of online available drugs via HPLC, NMR, GCMS, etc. A couple of quick selections from it follow:

A number of products, sold as dried A. muscaria extracts (fly agaric), were found to contain 5-MeO-DIPT 34, 5-MeO-DMT 25, tropane and b-carboline derivatives, instead of the expected constit-uents (i.e. ibotenic acid and muscimol) (without quan-titation). Extractions were carried out by a modified Stas-Otto�s isolation method [25]. A GC-MS method was applied to the separation of nine tryptamine derivatives and full-scan MS. Limit of detection (LOD) values were 0.5–15 lg/mL, where two primary amines (i.e. AMT and 5-MeO-AMT 39) appeared to provide reduced signal responses compared to their tertiary counterparts.

Edited by Psylocke
  • Like 1

^^^

this has been shown in earlier studies as well. what a bunch of criminals making those products

X-heroin addicts are known to like the effects of low-mid dose muscaria, some compare it to methadone and some go out to yearly pick some. There are also comments on the non-addictive nature of the mushroom.

if you want to strengthen the sedative effects skipping the initial part of stimulation and euphoria, take a mid dose in 3-4 parts, spaced from each other.

Normally, there should be a nice afterglow after the 8-hour sleep, no, kalika? [note that combinations cancel this]. So I would add an anti-depressive potential

another therapeutical potential for amanita I strongly believe in is as an appetite regulator