The Corroboree
ubza_1234

omg amanita

I have smoked an extract in a rollie, couple of tokes, mild inebriation and warm physical sensation

Is the sun, say on a 15/16C day, strong enough to convert the goodies?

These things smell really bad IMO. Left some in my car for a couple of days. :puke:

the sleep part sounds nice...

zen what do you mean by dark and edgy? i too prefer dreamy things...

also surely they ARE parasympathetic, they pretty much discovered ps activity using these (hence muscarinic receptors, i should know i just did a rather unenjoyable exam on this today).

My foaf tells me he coffee grinds 15 gms dried (dried indoors by a heater, no sun) amamita into powder, mixes with honey and rolls them into little tasty balls. Very strange entheogen. Almost like being drunk with perceptual changes. If you are lucky the odd breakthrough. Apparent experiments with nitrous oxide produced fantastic perceptual morphing ;)

Edited by Bretloth
  • Like 1

Interesting stuff!

Though it seems no-one here knows how to covert the goodies.

Vinegar and heat my friends...a search under my user will yield a Recipe for Jerky :wink:

i'd hazard to guess that a lot of your experience has to do with the fact that you were eating pasta.

i would never take mushrooms on a full stomach. eating this amount of material with pasta or anything is asking for nausea.

you should be preparing your body as best you can for a journey. how can you expect to easily shift to another level of consciousness if you have a belly full of food. a full belly and astral travles do not go hand in hand.

thats not to say it's not impossibe, just that it's most likely going to be uncomfortable if you are going into a trip while your guts are still trying to digest food. it's a lot to ask of your body. it is not uncommon to hear of people fasting for 24 hours or more before ingesting amanitas.

these plants aren't something you can just chow down on and have with your dinner. they should be ingested as a sacrament and the experience should be taken seriously.

that said, thanks for sharing, your experiences are valuable in that everyone can learn from them.

i believe that alot of ethnos are used for many purposes, some for going on journeys, to speak to the dead or spirits, to speak to god or to understand something that i so complex the aid of these sacred and wonderful plants and fungi are needed. this to me is fact and they should be taken seriously.

on the other hand, some ethnos are also taken for, and ready yourself for this one, for fun. the best egsample of this was a doco i was watching about aya. they went from tribe to tribe in the amazon. (i think it was the amazon) they had all different types of shamans, even a female witch doctor wich surprised me.

anyway, so there going thru and each tribe were explaining how they use aya. most were saying how sacred it is and how they are going to drink it today so they can enter the spirit realm and speak to there lost family members or find what is making some people in the tribe sick etc but they saved the best till last.

the last shaman was asked why they are going to drink aya tonight. basically his reply was "because we enjoy the beautiful lights we see." and "some may speak to the dead, thats great, but today its for fun."

that kinda shocked me, however, i wasnt entirely surprised. i wish i could remember the name of the doco, but it did have two british brothers in it as the hosts.

i'm not saying its not sacred and i am definetly not saying these things should not be treated with respect, but on the other hand, it is not harmfull or disrespectful to take these ethnos for fun, if done in the correct way. we all know of experiences were someone hasnt respected the drug and things have gone bbbbbbbaaaaaaddddd!!!!!

i agree that maybe a full stomach was not the best idea and it also kinda ruined spaggeti for me, but i did learn alot. also, the first time i had it in the scrambled eggs, there was close to no nausia so i thaught having it in the spag bog would be fine. wrong! now when ever i smell spagetti i feel sick... dam

• Like 1

i'm not saying its not sacred and i am definetly not saying these things should not be treated with respect, but on the other hand, it is not harmfull or disrespectful to take these ethnos for fun, if done in the correct way. we all know of experiences were someone hasnt respected the drug and things have gone bbbbbbbaaaaaaddddd!!!!!

I totally agree ubza - and even 'just' having fun can still be insightful.. :)

Edited by Hyphal
  • Like 1

i agree with the above posts to some degree each. on one hand, i hate it when people just 'chow down' on whatever drugs they can get their greasy hands on, just gobbling them up in some misguided attempt to "get really fucked" or whatever. however on the other hand i'm not too fond of elitism involving drugs where people are all like "i only use them to attain genuine spiritual enlightenment, like, spluh!". because the fact of the matter is, if it wasn't enjoyable, you wouldn't do it.

reminds me of when i was little i was like "hey mum, if smoking is bad for you, and people know it is, why do they still do it?" and she responded with "because they're STUPID". :blink: and so i learnt to distrust mainstream opinions on drugs from an early age.

point is yeah, people can use things for enlightenment or hedonism. personally i am often a hedonist. but i don't think we should demonise either, because both have their merits.

also yeah don't have full stomach...took acid after eating a whole family size pizza. amazingly didn't feel sick but it sure felt weird...

• Like 1

DUde:

I don't know, it was a few years ago now. I just had a baggie full of dried amanita skins powdered up (possibly not as dry as they could've been) and smoked a couple pipes of that. Pretty quickly I felt some really violent nausea, after chucking my guts up felt a nice sedating stone , i was guessing this could be what the whole death/rebirth trip was about cuz i felt like i could've been dying then after throwing up felt a nice buzz and floated off to sleep immediately.

sounds like an individual reaction or a really 'wrong' strain of amanitas? perhaps an overly potent mushroom? you smoked too much and the nausea was due to oversmoking ?? a mis-ided shroom? strange....

also, it's a myth the cap skins are the most potent part, it's the cap's flesh, especially below the red skinny part.

strangebrew:

Is the sun, say on a 15/16C day, strong enough to convert the goodies?

These things smell really bad IMO. Left some in my car for a couple of days.

some people find properly dried amanitas smell awful. remember that they are flavour/aroma enhancers. if you don't have experience with mushrooms [drying, edibles, etc] remember they might just smell awful because they are spoilt

no, one day will not do, of course not. slice and dry first to keep them from spoiling , THEN leave for a day or two to the sun so as the UV light does it's magick. believing in the sun might help

Bretloth:

My foaf tells me he coffee grinds 15 gms dried

I take it this is 15 grams of caps and stems... unless your friend is not eating all of his honeyballs in one sitting...

Why are you saying 'if your lucky' mentioning the breakthrough? did your friend try lots of times and failed? I guess then I am really lucky, cause I broke through the first time I climbed high enough dosage wise. or the spirit of muscaria likes me... :innocent_n:

holymountain:

i'd hazard to guess that a lot of your experience has to do with the fact that you were eating pasta.

i would never take mushrooms on a full stomach. eating this amount of material with pasta or anything is asking for nausea.

you should be preparing your body as best you can for a journey. how can you expect to easily shift to another level of consciousness if you have a belly full of food. a full belly and astral travles do not go hand in hand.

we are not talking astral travels. amanita in mid dose is an appetite affector [for me it's a activator, apart from an obvious flavour enhancer]. I always get crazy munchies when I drink mid doses and haven't eaten something in advance and/or the stomach is empty.

Do not assume all drugs and all people are similar. Some people , like me, like to have eaten something- even something light even before classics.

and , for what it's worth, when I broke through, we had eaten A LOT just half and hour before. The amanitas took longer to act [hence I took more and more, and then I accidentally broke through, as the material metabolised in me]

I only felt the slightest hint of nausea for some half a minute at some point, but that was it, and it was the only time I felt nausea from my self-picked amanitas. of course, I might be lucky and get to pick the best material, or maybe my stomach is trained from the years of alcohol consuption? or I am 'friend' with amanitas due to my careful and sensible approach during the years? who knows?

I felt real nausea and sick for at least 20-30 mins when I ingested my [ 1,6!] gr of dried woodlovers. So it might really be dependent on the level of familiarity. ALso, don't convince/predispose yourself you're gonnabe nauseus with amanitas. They are a bit heavy on the stomach, but IMO, that's it. Nothing heavier that eating a good meal of wild edible mushrooms.

it is not uncommon to hear of people fasting for 24 hours or more before ingesting amanitas.

I seriously think this is a bad idea, but indeed I am judging from myself. but believing is important in tripping too. 24 hours? hell what if amanitas, like alcohol, contrary to what you say, are easier on the non empty stomach ???

but yeah, pasta is heavy food, so try to eat something lighter.

I would like links to reports of knowledgeable people who fast 24 hours before amanitas. there are really few good stuffs on amanitas on the net, and you can trust me on what I say, or.... not :wink:

frank:

however on the other hand i'm not too fond of elitism involving drugs where people are all like "i only use them to attain genuine spiritual enlightenment, like, spluh!". because the fact of the matter is, if it wasn't enjoyable, you wouldn't do it.

true, but maybe, it's amanitas in this case which might be elitist

Interesting input everyone. keep it up

Edited by mutant

there's no reason that serious spiritual exploration can't be fun too. i don't think anyone that uses psychedelics for these reasons would deny that they are fun.

i don't really care what other people do with their bodies or time but if they post a negative or tough experience i'll throw my 2 cents in based on my own experiences in the hopes that it might be of some use.

also mutant, sorry if you've writen this elsewhere but do you use cannabis at all with amanitas? just interested in the synergies of the two.

DUde:

sounds like an individual reaction or a really 'wrong' strain of amanitas? perhaps an overly potent mushroom? you smoked too much and the nausea was due to oversmoking ?? a mis-ided shroom? strange....

also, it's a myth the cap skins are the most potent part, it's the cap's flesh, especially below the red skinny part.

Unless there are another species of mushroom that grow in abundance and look identical to the amanita muscaria I'm pretty sure it was the right mushroom. I've found a few mushrooms that have a more orange cap, but that seems to be due to drying out.

I remember some website selling dried amanita skins, I guess I got the idea from there, although I had researched them before the idea that one must use the skins persisted in my mind. It was actually quite an effort to get just the skins and I'd invariably get some flesh attatched (which you say is the good part right? ...the flesh just under the skin?)

I think I hadn't dried them enough, I think that's the reason for the nausea. They were most definitely active I just couldn't focus on that due to the nausea.

believing in the sun might help

:lol:

I guess then I am really lucky, cause I broke through the first time I climbed high enough dosage wise. or the spirit of muscaria likes me... :innocent_n:

:lol:

...when I ingested my [ 1,6!] gr of dried woodlovers.

1.6grams or 16 grams!?!

If the former, here's an idea: try a bit more than 1.6g of woodlovers and you might be more accepting of the idea of a spiritual realm. ...just an idea, I don't need to hear how wrong or off-topic I am.

Peace!

Edited by The Dude

i'm hoping to give another milk extract omlet again this w/e if i find the time. Wish me luck! :D

it so strange/annoying that as i make the scrambled eggs up and cook them and that, i start to feel a lil nausious. After eating a piece of egg stuck to the bowl, i dont feel sick from that lil piece, but the smell of eggs and the mushrooms i put in it make me feel ill, even tho my last experience with eggs was great with more or less no nausia.

I'll keep typing if i remember to thru the night ;)

i'm up to about 1/4 of my omlet and starting to notice lil effects. One is a familiar psycological nausia. I remember i went thru a stage of sprinkling crushed HBWR seeds in food and i remember the last time i did this i did it in a banana custard dough nut. For months after i couldnt eat that flavour of dough nut anymore. I just made me sick in my stomach and throat. Thats exactly how i feel now, and it only comes on when i pick it up or start eating it wich leads me to believe it is not strictly a toxicity issue.

1.6grams or 16 grams!?!

If the former, here's an idea: try a bit more than 1.6g of woodlovers and you might be more accepting of the idea of a spiritual realm. ...just an idea, I don't need to hear how wrong or off-topic I am.

Peace!

Hang on.... haven't we been here before? Got that deja vu thing happening...

holy mountain

also mutant, sorry if you've writen this elsewhere but do you use cannabis at all with amanitas? just interested in the synergies of the two.

yeah. cannabis synergises with everything IMO and pretty well with amanitas.

in mid doses, it's best to smoke up at /after the peak and it's best you haven't smoked all day, of course, before that. you can repeat and smoke a bit more one hour later. It's great - doesnt feel like pot at all. Smoking more kills the amanita space faster, makes the amanita sedation [towards the end] more sedative and also kills the afterglow of the next day. If you wanna feel the full afterglow do not combine with pot or anything.

in breakthrough dose, pot did not kill amanita space at all, even in the late hours, amanita prevailed, even with repeated smokes at the tail-end of the experience, after the trips-within-the-head were long over.

Dude>>>

I have done it [dried skins] once in the past, before I read a scientific paper analyzing the potency of different parts of the mushroom. Dried skins are definately less potent than dried caps, its like this:

cap flesh > cap skins > stems

and yeah the skin just below the skin is potent, but the skins are probably heavy, so drid skins is not more potent, than say, a batch of caps and stems. hope this helps

other than thatn, play your tape in the appropriate thread and I might bother to reply :P

ubza > yeah it definately seems like a "psychological nausea"

I take it this is 15 grams of caps and stems... unless your friend is not eating all of his honeyballs in one sitting...

Why are you saying 'if your lucky' mentioning the breakthrough? did your friend try lots of times and failed? I guess then I am really lucky, cause I broke through the first time I climbed high enough dosage wise. or the spirit of muscaria likes me... :innocent_n:

15 gms of caps my foaf tells me, and he eats them all alright. He also tells me that potency varies quite a bit in amanitas, really strong ones usually make him purge, some do very little. Maybe you have a nice strain at your spot. My foaf has an old reliable spot with a nice strain he visited last weekend and sent me a pic :wink:

post-9625-0-36031200-1308931180_thumb.jp

post-9625-0-36031200-1308931180_thumb.jpg

post-9625-0-36031200-1308931180_thumb.jpg

dam, forgot to keep typing, oh well, not alot happened. Got a lil buzz, but after 2.5 hours of finishing it, something was telling me to drink, so i did :) and watched star trek, but thats a lil off topic. Sorry i couldnt have anything interesting happen :(

Bret, potency varies indeed a lot, up to 10-fold from specimen to specimen, if I remember right from some paper.

Doesn't your friend homogenise?

I would start from 7-8 up to 10 or even 12 to archieve breakthrough, but 15 would be a bit much I think [caps].

thanks for sharing photos. Are these from pines? They seem to be the var. flavivolvata , but I think the wood type might be more important than the var.

[ubza]

In the rare occasions I have drank amanita tea alone, I always tend to seek for company.

In general as I consider it social [mid dose] I don't do it alone.

Not sure what you mean by homogenise in regard to amanitas. Yep they're from pines. The process is as described above, very simple, dry by a heater no sun, coffee grind caps into powder, mix with honey. As far as dosage goes, my foaf has a high tolerance to everything and is a decent sized dude :wink: Been eating them for 18 years now.

Edited by Bretloth

... other than thatn, play your tape in the appropriate thread and I might bother to reply :P

...just an idea, I don't need to hear how wrong or off-topic I am.

You've been very helpful Mutant with regard to the Amanita Muscaria mushroom. From previous posts it seems you have trouble getting your head around the tryptamine space, you mentioned psilocybes, hence my suggestion that you take more. ...well that is if you only took 1.6 grams, you haven't answered my question yet.

...Also, you've already bothered to reply with your non-reply. I know this is off topic, I just thought if we're all trying to help each other here, I thought I'd throw that out there.

Not sure what you mean by homogenise in regard to amanitas. Yep they're from pines. The process is as described above, very simple, dry by a heater no sun, coffee grind caps into powder, mix with honey. As far as dosage goes, my foaf has a high tolerance to everything and is a decent sized dude :wink: Been eating them for 18 years now.

If you grind the caps into powder you probably already have a homogeneous mix, it just means to mix it all up so that potency differences in individual mushrooms aren't an issue, so that each dose is roughly the same potency.

Cheers Dude! Taker easy man :)

Does anyone else notice an increase in sweating and salivation with a. muscaria?

platypii: i didnt notice anything like that from the few times i had it but everywere i read it says that is the norm.