The Corroboree
ubza_1234

omg amanita

first up my experience was amazing for the lowish dose i had and encouraged me to want to do higher at a later date, definitely. i'll start with my preperation, then go onto my experiences.

PREPERATION

Only the caps were harvested. because they are in such abundance, i also only take the most open caps that are droppin spores so that there will be more amanitas in the future. responsible picking guys ;) the way i pick them is such, i simply give the cap a few sharp taps and then the cap usually breaks off the stem quite easily. by doing this:

* it knocks the spores from the gills,

* all the spores that are trapped on the stem will go into the ground when the stem rots

* the caps are supposed to be the strongest part of the shroom, specifically the flesh just under the red skin.

* and they grow in such abundance that you can afford to only pick the caps, its not uncomon to come home with a feww kg's of mushies from a few hours picking.

when picking, do not pick rotten caps. these will have soft edges, very brown edges etc. they will be smelly and taste yuky and its so simple to simply be a picky picker and not take crappy caps. they will vary in colour, and i believe this is due to bleaching from the sun. i've noticed that caps in bright sun seem they are always closer to yellow and sometimes even light pink when in the shade they are more red thru to orange. if you pick one of the sun bleached caps, scrape off a white wart of the cap, you will see it is red under that. it protected the cap from the sun in that spot, and so it is still red. i'm not sure what this does to potency but potency variations will be fixed later.. read on! pick as many as you can. the more the better! :devil:

an electric hot plate was pre heated. i dont know the temp, but it was too hot to hold onto for a long time, but not too hot to touch for a few seconds. it was a lil over half way on my electric hot plate. baking paper was placed on the hot plate. the caps were placed on the baking paper, with the red side up. this was done because the strongest part of the cap is ment to be the skin just under the red flesh, so if the gills stick to the paper, its not big deal, but if the red flesh sticks to the paper, then you loose the strongest part. this process converts all the nasty shit to turn into loverly good stuff. it's well documented, so do a lil reasearch on it and check out the process, it's realy interesting. these should be left on the hot plate untill the entire cap is so dry and brittle that it should have no flex in it. it should break up easily in the fingers. then you know the nasties are all converted to goodies. this should take one day to dry like this for small caps and 2 days for larger ones. only dry one layer of fresh mushies at a time. however, if by the first day it is mostly dry but there are some soft spots, take them off, put down some fresh mushies and put the mostly dry mushies on top. it is crutial to dry them as dry as possible, not just to avoid nausea, but to make the next step possible. if you need to put them on for 3 days, then do it! realy, the longer the better, as long as the heat isnt turned up, causing them to burn. at this temp they wont burn, and it's safe to leave overnight un-supervised.

once they are fully dry you can store them in my dry box. i posted how to build it in the Pharmacology & Chemistry forum. like most dried shrooms, these shrooms suck moisture out of the air like crazy and realy fast. you can dry them cracker dry and within a few hours they will be sofdt again so it is crutial to keep them dry. keeping baggies or my dry box should keep them super dry.

once you got all your shrooms, dow would be a good time to weigh them if you want to see how much you have harvested. this is the important part. using a morta and pestle, crush and grind all the mushies into as fine a powder as possible. if the shrooms are not completely and utterly dried out, they will not grind into a fine powder. imagine trying to powderize rubber vs chalk. this is what its like if they are not fully dry. if a part of the shroom is not fully dry, it will not crush propperly and will require more drying. use only a morta and pesly, not a herb or coffee grinder. by using a morta and pestle, you will know that it is dried propperly. if it is all just wizzed up in a coffee grinder, you will never know and may get sick from incomplete drying. powderize the whole thing and put it into a jar. because the shrooms are so hydroscopic, remember to replace the lid each time so that it stays nice and dry between filling.

keep a 30-50% air gap in the jar. shake the poop out of the jar. this will make a all the variations in potency balance out. shake it, roll it, stirr it, just get it all evenly mixed so each time you have some, it will be consistant and reliable in what you will expect. it's said that it varries in potency and alkaloid profile so it is nice to know what to expect.

thats it! it looks like alot of work, but once you get into it, it's realy quite strait forward and easy. :)

COOKING

so how i ate the mushies. well, i heard a traditional methode of taking the mushies is to soak them in milk, and squeeze out the milk from the shrooms. to continue squeezing untill no more colour comes out. i had a much more palletable variation on this. i mesured out 5g, wich acording to erowid is between a common and light dose. i mixed this with a minimal amount of milk, enough to make a thin slurry. its stirred untill it stopped leaching colour then the whole thing is filtered thru a t-shirt. the shrooms are scraped up and repeated untill no more colour is leached into the milk. i was left about 80-100ml of milk. it was browny coloured and smelt odd, like a mix of mushrooms and malt. as in the stuff you put in milkshakes, malt. not a bad smell, just, well, odd and unexpected.

this milk was poured into a bowl the size of a slice of bread. (this is important ;) ) about a teaspoon of melted butter is added to this along with:

1 finely chopped clove of garlic

diced ham

salt and pepper (lots of salt and pepper :P)

3 eggs.

this was whisked untill it's all mixed nicely. i was quite worried about that odd taste, thus the garlic, salt and pepper, meat etc.

this was put in the microwave for 1.5mins. the edges were cooked and the center was not. using the whisk, i scraped off the edges and mashed them with the egg mix them put back in the microwave for another 1.5 mins. this was repeated untill when the egg was mixed and mashed with the liquid egg, there was just enough liquid egg to hold all the bits of egg together. this was put in the microwave for another 1.5 mins. this is now fully cooked and solidified. the edges were scraped with a knife and the knife was pushed under the egg too so it would come out easily.

next step is simply put a piece of bread over the top of the bowl, turn upside down and the egg will fall out. put another piece of bread ontop and then munch that sucker ;)

EXPERIENCE

the setting was simply chiilin with some realy cool mates of mine. were all smokin weed, however i held back from it a lil to try and feel what the amanitas realy feel like. one friend was on shrooms for the first time and lovin it, the and another had a tab an my missus was just tokin it that night. realy good vibes all rounds.

so i started eating this sucker down. the onset was more or less imediate. it would take say, about 60secs or so to feel the effect of each bite and after 3 bits i was feeling it. it was the strangest feeling ever to feel each bite. like, the same as if you have a hit of weed, 60secs later you feel that sucker, just like that. the feeling was mainly euphoria to start with. i felt a amazing no nausia what so ever. munchin away. the last 3 bites were a lil hard for me tho. after eating all that omlet sandwich so quickly eating any more made me gag a lil. so i stopped eating it for 10 mins then ate the last lil bit. it wasnt nausia as such, just my body was just sayin, wow there lil buddy, slow down a bit. after i waited a lil i could eat it no problem. within a few mins i was seeing patturns in the concrete and pool table cloth, similar to the types i get from subs. the effects felt alot like a mixture of acid with subs, although i have never done them together. it was not particularly sedating or speedy, in that sence, i felt prety much normal. i enjoyed walking around, especially because the concrete i was walkin on felt slightly squishy. perhaps i was just noticing the soft squishyness of my shoes, who knows but it was fun lol it was dificult to explain things and think of new things to talk about, however this was nothing too overpowering at this dose and have had much more problems with this on shrooms and acid. talking itself was easy and i didnt 'THINK' like a tripper the same way i do from weed, acid, shrooms etc e'g i didnt start sentances with wow man, wouldnt be cool if.... lol

the whole thing however, trailed off as fast as it came on. the onset was maybe 30-60 secs for each bite, the onset was abot 5-10 mins, the peak lasted about 2-3 hours and i felt sober (although a lil stoned) after another 3 hours,, the whole thing more or less all over red rover in about 6ish hours. hang over included a lil groggy mentally, like slow thinking and that but then that could've been from the weed and tiredness.

i was expecting something quite different. well, i went in not expecting much, but was expecting it to be quite different to subs when in actual fact there quite similar, although i didnt "think" like a tripper, at least at those doses. i do wish i had more, or at least just a second omlet to have later in the night to give me a booster as it realy did wear off alot quicker then i wanted, but all and all, it was realy friggin enjoyable.

there you go, now get out there and pick! hahaha

• Like 1

very interesting ubza, my 2 or 3 experiences with amanita have either been underwhelming or highly unpleasant. But in reading your post I see my preparation and dose may have been insufficient.

I'm reading John Rush's book "The mushroom in christian art" and Allegro's "Sacred mushroom and the cross" at the moment, and it puts forward a pretty good case for amanita being an important sacrament in early christianity. And of course there is Wasson with his theory of amanita as soma from the vedas. From your experience, can you envisage amanita being worthy of this adoration? It never seemed to fit for me as the psilocybin experience seems so much more profound in that it can initiate the "contact with aliens" experience, see other worlds etc.

Could you elaborate a bit more on the experience? Was it mainly a euphoria, or was their a sense of the "other" there as well, as with psilocybin mushrooms?

mate you know wat i like,your concern for the future by good pikin practice and i hope not rape and pillage by takin EVERYTHING u see,theres a few crew in wa who could learn from this,and they wonder why wa subs are so rare,its a lota things but over "fishing" is def a problem,TAKE ONLY WHAT YOU NEED TO SURVIVE PEEPS or grow ya fuckin own!!!

• Like 1

ive had some friends experimenting with amanata. they find the experience quite similar to ketamine.

I'm reading John Rush's book "The mushroom in christian art" and Allegro's "Sacred mushroom and the cross" at the moment, and it puts forward a pretty good case for amanita being an important sacrament in early christianity. And of course there is Wasson with his theory of amanita as soma from the vedas.

hey kalika

i can't comment on those books myself as i have not read them, though i have read detailed rebuttals to the points they put forward by andy letcher in his book "shroom: a cultural history of the magic mushroom". i met andy at a conference on psychoactive culture in london around christmas time. he is a pretty cool guy.

anyway point is i highly recommend 'shroom', it's a great book (no relation to that awful looking horror movie...) if you're looking for the truth. but if you want to believe all those conspiracy theories about mushrooms i would avoid it because it pretty much blows them all out of the water.

again there is the possibility andy is wrong, and as i said i haven't read allegro or rush or wasson, but the important message to take out of this is that you can't believe what you read in books. if you want facts, you have to go to the actual science; journals etc. that being said shroom does appear to be pretty well cited for a popular science book. perhaps i should read those others, then re-read shroom, then i will have a more balanced view of both sides of the stories. for now however, i am forced to err on the side of rationality and sadly believe almost all the theories put forward to those three authors to be wishful thinking at best, and blatant history-alteration for personal gain at worst.

hey kalika

i can't comment on those books myself as i have not read them, though i have read detailed rebuttals to the points they put forward by andy letcher in his book "shroom: a cultural history of the magic mushroom". i met andy at a conference on psychoactive culture in london around christmas time. he is a pretty cool guy.

anyway point is i highly recommend 'shroom', it's a great book (no relation to that awful looking horror movie...) if you're looking for the truth. but if you want to believe all those conspiracy theories about mushrooms i would avoid it because it pretty much blows them all out of the water.

again there is the possibility andy is wrong, and as i said i haven't read allegro or rush or wasson, but the important message to take out of this is that you can't believe what you read in books. if you want facts, you have to go to the actual science; journals etc. that being said shroom does appear to be pretty well cited for a popular science book. perhaps i should read those others, then re-read shroom, then i will have a more balanced view of both sides of the stories. for now however, i am forced to err on the side of rationality and sadly believe almost all the theories put forward to those three authors to be wishful thinking at best, and blatant history-alteration for personal gain at worst.

thanks frank, I'll definitely have to read Andy Letcher's book next. Sounds interesting:

Is Santa Claus really a magic mushroom in disguise?

Was Alice in Wonderland a thinly veiled psychedelic mushroom odyssey?

Did mushroom tea kick-start ancient Greek philosophy?

So I guess he answers no to these questions then? Guess I shouldn't fall under Allegro's spell before I read these other opinions.

Either way, I'm keen to hear more about Ubza's amanita experience as there is so much conflicting information regarding this mushroom.

mate you know wat i like,your concern for the future by good pikin practice and i hope not rape and pillage by takin EVERYTHING u see,theres a few crew in wa who could learn from this,and they wonder why wa subs are so rare,its a lota things but over "fishing" is def a problem,TAKE ONLY WHAT YOU NEED TO SURVIVE PEEPS or grow ya fuckin own!!!

Huh?

We're talking about a non-native invasive weed here that has localised all over the world. Sure it's a good message but i don't think it's quite applicable in these circumstances.

Good thread informative as far as dose and preparation go...

Did you try and meditate at all? What were the CEVs like?

I'd be interested in reading more of your experiences as your experiments go on.

l the low dose i had was great. It was not the type of high were i feel connected with nature, start thinking, wow is there more to life and all that other trippy awesome stuff. But the advantage of that is there was no paranoia, mainly just euphoria and when i looked at the concrete, there were light paterns engraved in them. At the dose i had, it was simply a bit of fun, there was nothing particularly deep about it and compared to all the other halucinagens i'v had, i could easily think strate. Then again acording to erowid, it was a sorta low dose; right on the border of light and common dose. If i was to compare this to other shrooms, i'd say 5g of amanita is a bout 3ish grams of shrooms, so fun, but nothing other worldly. Can i remind you guys this was my first time with this drug? So i realy cant elaborat based on past experiences because i havent got any :S

I think the drying process is realy important. I had them drying there for at least a day, sometimes 2 or 3 if i was too busy to do anything with them. I also tried doing some teas and cooking them down to dryness, but they rotted and began to smell like cheese. The final product smelt like amonia and at that point i gave up on that lil venture. Lol

sounds like it's definitely worth the effort to prepare it properly.

Can i remind you guys this was my first time with this drug? So i realy cant elaborat based on past experiences because i havent got any :S

I think a first timers report can be quite valuable as its not tainted by tolerance or assumptions from past experiences. thanks for your report.

The preparation is pretty standard and you needn't do what ubza did, that is cooking, using milk etc. If you did a standard tek, you might get more effects from 5 grams. Maybe not. Did you photograph them to check out the strain?

1a. Dry the mushrooms as you would dry any other mushroom

1b. Homogenise, no need to really make it a powder, you can homogenise by just crushing the caps in many pieces, as there's a possibility the material degrades in time

1c. You can expose to the sun for a day or two more, to make sure it all converted and/or it's properly dried. Maybe the sun is important, it's mentioned traditionally. Then store. The sun part is optional. I like to do it, cause it gives a vibe of traditional thing. It's is possible that UV sun light indeed helps the conversion.

2. You make tea with the material, much easier to dose and prepare than cooking, especially for more than one person. Note that amanitas is a flavour enhancer. Adding anything to it will make it taste stronger. Tea with honey and some cinamon is seriously tasty and pleasant, simple and kool. Some prefer to add salt, pepper and onion [any thing really like a mini soup] to their tea.

3. 5 grams dried caps can equal 10 grams of dried stems and caps. Take note of this huge potency issue and remember it can vary even wider. So 5 grams of caps is a mid-range dose, probably not able to break you through, but completely noticeable and lasting 4-5 hours. That is if the mushrooms are not especially weak or especially strong.

4. The fast onset you desribe really reminds me a placebo, as amanitas can be one of the substances that take quite long to affect someone. I usually start feeling anything at 20 mins, but with amanitas it can take up to 40-45 mins. It is possible the placebo is responsible for you saying it reminded you of subs/acid , while it's nothing like it actually. Then, as low-mid doses don't become very noticeable in the start, the placebo might have blended in with the real effects. All the others [f.e. timeline] seem 'right'. Or you might have discovered a way to render it fast acting by your cooking tek, but I can't imagine how!

5. Amanitas might be compared to ketamine as they are dissociative in large doses. Do not take a large dose unless properly prepared [sitter is important if not a MUST] and unless you're aware of what amanita breakthrough is like. It can help if you stop seeing mid dose amanita as a psychedelic, cause it's not really. It more resembles alcohol with a clear head. Some visual alteration and change in the perception of space are also characteristic.

6. Smoking lots of pot eventually kills the effects and completely eliminates the fantastic afterglow next day. In any case, if you must smoke cannabis, smoke the first of the day at the peak, when you feel the effects of amanita are at their peak. That joint will not feel like a joint and it will seriously compliment the amanita high. You can repeat some 1 hour after that for a similar effect. Other than that, its better not to smoke much. Note that a breakthrough dose and it's effects cannot be 'killed' by pot.

PS: Kalika, you can have access to true visions, true hallucinations on amanitas, that's for sure, that's a breakthrough dose of course. They are far more 'real' than with classic psychedelics, but there's diminished recollection. Having said that, the world of dissociatives is different than that of classics and one man's heaven might be another one's hell.

Edited by mutant
  • Like 2

i'd say 5g of amanita is a bout 3ish grams of shrooms, so fun, but nothing other worldly.

Sorry, could i just interupt you and say 3g of subs is a heavy dose and rather otherworldly. 3g of cubes is still a reasonable dose.

Other than that I have nothing new to add.

Actually...

Mutant, what are the physical symptoms of going through an amanita breakthrough, to both the patient and the observer?

Sorry, could i just interupt you and say 3g of subs is a heavy dose and rather otherworldly. 3g of cubes is still a reasonable dose.

I agree - 3g of either would leave me in a puddle.... esp subs.

i guess its the whole different drugs effect ppl differently. 3g of dried subs are wkd fun, but i can still function fine. Anyway, 5g the way i had it was realy managable,

thanks frank, I'll definitely have to read Andy Letcher's book next.

So I guess he answers no to these questions then? Guess I shouldn't fall under Allegro's spell before I read these other opinions.

he sort of answers "probably not". but i find the truth is often stranger than fiction, and there is still plenty of interesting information in shroom. also interesting is the history of strains. the other day i read the origin of the penis envy strain on vice magazine, written by the annoying yet somehow entertaining hamilton morris.

http://www.viceland.com/int/v16n2/htdocs/12-inch-shroom-603.php . getting slightly off topic so...

That joint will not feel like a joint

^ this! personally i have no experience with oral amanita dosing, however a couple of years ago i decided to try some experiments. one of my least favourite effects of cannabis is cotton mouth (surely nobody disagrees...) and i read that amanitas contain muscarinic acetylcholine receptor agonists (hence the name) and so should theoretically induce salivation. personally i really enjoy the feeling of being so tired i start drooling (maybe i am a bit weird) so i decided this couldn't be a bad thing, especially if it counteracted the drymouth desert-in-head feeling of pot. so i rolled joints of 1/3 cannabis and 2/3 ground amanita powder. they were a bit on the large side as, since i can't roll cigarettes, i rolled the paper around a pencil to make a tube :blush: and stuffed the contents inside.

anyway to the smoking. SONIC BOOM basically. well more like a visual boom. within 1 or 2 small puffs i had well and truly had my head blown off. with each puff, my vision was clouded by a white explosion in my mind's eye, seemingly filled with electricity. however physically i couldn't help by feel the way one does when standing too close to a camp fire and copping an eyeful of smoke. maybe i just got the smoke in my eyes, im not sure. but the fact of the matter is, about 3.5cm through this cigarette-thick spliff i had to muster my mental faculties to put it out so i wouldn't drop it on the carpet. at the time i was attempting to undertake a survey on drug use that was posted to me by a member here (sorry i never ended up completing it! :blink: ). however after beginning on this endeavour i quickly lost my ability to know what the hell was going on and couldn't make sense of the questions, continually reading the same line again and again without taking any of it in.

as for the anti dry mouth effects well um...im not entirely sure lol. i dont THINK i was bothered. i seem to recall perhaps my mouth was still somewhat dry, but the amanita created this different mouth feeling where the dryness wasn't an issue. or maybe i was too deep fried to tell. either way certainly a strong combination!

a friend later borrowed my stash tin because he said he needed a j to help him sleep. when i got up the next morning i found he had smoked about 3g of weed, 2g of hash and i can only guess the equivalent of a cap or two of my amanita powder. and some blue lily resin. when i asked him what the hell he thought he was doing, he said he thought the powder was opium?? far out. but yeah some people are hard heads and i guess i am not one of them in this case.

aah, another great work of creative fiction under my belt. sorry for the text wall fellas.

Distracted>>>>

Mutant, what are the physical symptoms of going through an amanita breakthrough, to both the patient and the observer?

I will tell you how it feels to the patient. [it can become more agressive than what I describe, according to others, I have broken through only once] , my sitter was sleepy so he wouldn't have much to say, and I haven't sitted for someone else's breakthrough:

The 'come up' comes with increased euphoria and stimulation feelings, and this is a body + mind feeling. It might take much more time to feel a big dose than feeling a mid one. Very different from mid doses. You got an urge to be more energetic. One might feel like dancing [both present in mid-high doses] . It's not a social stimulation any more, not for long anyhow... it's weirder, the euphoria is weirder too, it doesn't resemble alcohol inebriation so much and it's stronger.

The 'high' progresses and there is some stimulated weirdness now. Very 'body high', too. Euphoria diminishes. All crazy dancing and berzerking you have heard about will have happened by now and 'patient' is gradually dissociated.

Now a force is coming and urging you to sit, lie, sleep whatever. This comes after a period you realise you cannot move properly, you cannot speak and move in the same time, in fact you can't do two things simultaneously. If you have taken too much , you might fall into an long sleep and never feel the high... or fall into 'sleep' for hours per time.

I was still talking a lot at this point and being enthousiastic. Tekno, psychedelic trance feel dark, depressing and inapropriate for the occasion, medieval atmospheric folk ambient , on the other hand, seriously rules on....

OK, then I am realising it's the time. I lie comfortably and relax [it's too fucking easy to let go]. As soon as I relax the force is coming [from below?] and fast so I boggle and hold it. I am able to hold it and not let the force take me, for at least some seconds. But I am quite sure I won't be able to do this for long. I probably can do this because it's not a huge breakthrough dose, it's somewhere at 18-22 dried grams caps AND stems. Who knows?

I decide I should let go after some seconds. It's the feeling of the unknown which is causing the fear, but otherwise I feel awesome and happy. I let go. This part is hard to describe. It's like sinking into your body, falling into your self and simultaneously feels a bit like fainting. But you don't end up unconcious, but tripping , envisioning shit and traveling in your head. So I travel in my head. Many times. Some times for 5 mins some times for more. The creative licence is great there, I am amazed to see I can largely dictate my vision [due to not overly large dose, again?] at times.

My sitter is sleepy but I come back each time and talk to him about the things I see and feel and most notably how real they feel. Than relax again and go in again. Maybe I returned because I wanted to share?

I voluntarily fell into the void from a tall building [ I have a slight hieght-phobia, so I thought it was a good idea, and it was in fact, I don't plan to do this IRL so, it was worth it] and feel the fall for some seconds. Realism generates body fear and the vision is suspended, it only lasts some seconds, the fall, that is.

this phase lasts 4-5 hours maybe. I smoke some green and it doesn't counteract the amanita like in mid doses.

I find myself being not so conscious some times and find the body moving without me noticing it. Like me lying and the next moment I find myself haveing stood up and walked to the fireplace and staring it. I didn't notice the inbetween, that is me standing and walking there and deciding to look at the fire.

Definately, you need a sitter for this one.

Frank>>>

In the early days of my experimentation, and after I figured out most amanita 'dangers' are largely myths and smoking amanita is a very mild - if any - high, I made some joints one part pot one part tobacco one part amanita powder and offered to people. Everyone that smoked these got a surprisingly higher than pot high, more psychedelic, some people started dancing, some had some minor visuals, some just thought "hey this is different, but interesting different" in regards with the enhanced joint. All thought it was a more intense experience than a plain joint.

• Like 5

jolly good mutant, jolly intriguing. it seems rather neglected in australia.

jolly good mutant, jolly intriguing. it seems rather neglected in australia.

yes the psilocybes get most of the attention, for good reason based on some of my unpleasant experiences with amanita. as this thread has shown amanita requires a bit of first and knowledge of how to prepare it etc, and the tradition just doesn't exist here. given its historical significance in siberia, and possibly europe and north america, i agree its worth further investigation.

most ppl, (other then shamanic/respectful types) want a drug you can grab off the shelf, ingest and have a great time. and lets face it, dont we all? e.g weed, shrooms, pills etc thats why cactus is less popular then shrooms. cactus you gotta chop up, cook for 10 mins with lemon juice, strain, boil again etc too much effort! then in the end your eatin this camel snot shit and then, maybe the potency of the cactus is shit? then what? you did all that and drank camel snot for nothing!

amanetas are worse because ppl think there just like other shrooms and prepare them the same. WRONG! you need to dry them a special way, then have a huge amount (compared to psilocybes) then they taste different, and ppl are wierded out by diferent. my mate thought it was wierd drinking a monster energy drink coffee cause hes expecting energy drink flavour, but it's just coffee.

datura is another clasic e.g, tell me if i'm wrong, but traditionally, datura and brug and that USUALLY were ADDED to a brew of what ever, not usually drunk by itself. yes it was drunk by itself, but most of the time it was added to a brew with other halucinagens. next thing ppl hear that brug can put you in a 2 day trip and there having brews of 10 flowers n shit. next thing there banning there cultivation.. sorry, got side tracked, but the point is, drugs that need no prep or dont taste bad are the ones that usually take off. ppl love smokin changa but hate the idea of purging from aya. each to there own, but i'd say thats why alot of these drugs stay underground, even with centuries of use.

edit: when your talkin about drugs that may harm you, and you have... uneducated ppl out there who just wanna get high, they need something that there mind can understand thats not too complicated. e.g. get shrooms, eat them. get acid, hold under tounge till your high, put in pipe, smoke and hold till you run out of breath.

Edited by ubza_1234

update:

guys, got some bad news, had a typical amanita experience like many others on friday :( this time, instead of doing a milk extract, i just mixed 7.5g of my powder into some pasta and ate it down. I felt fine for about 4 hours, however, the feeling was alot different and took much longer to kick in compared to a strait milk extract. Unlike berfore, were the predominant effects were mild visuals, and euphoria with almost instant onset, this time i felt like i was just drunk. Very similar to getting drunk. It was like i took a different drug with no similarities at all realy.

No real nausia, or at least for the first 4 hours. After that i started getting these waves of nausia. They would build up then calm a lil then build up a lil stronger then settle. Next thing i know, i'm boffing and dry renching. My missus is worried that i took the wrong mushies and is freakin out. Me, i'm thinkin, well, i was kinda expecting some nausia the first time, its fairly common, oh well. Guess i just gotta ride it out. I wasnt worried. This went on for about 2 hours. All in all a bad experience however, i did learn that sprite is the nicest thing i'v ever thrown up :)

Let me stress guys that this felt like a very different drug to the first time posted above. This was a horrible feeling. Drunk is not particularly fun to start with, but boffing like that was enough for me to say that method of preperation is a no go! There must be something to making a tea out of it, or perhaps the milk has something to do with it too. In anycase, i will never ingest amanita matter again, i willl try another milk extract again, but never eat actual matter as i believe it is the cause of my sicknes and different, unpleasant high.

• Like 1

i feel like a bit of a fool for my above post now :S

i feel like a bit of a fool for my above post now :S

no way its all valuable, you have just demonstrated how variable amanita can be. maybe the milk extraction is very necessary?

• Like 1

ya i'll get back to you on that one, this thread isnt over till i've finished all my experimenting with amanita ;) next will be another amanita milk omlete!

I am not surprised at all.

first of all you increased the dose. why would you have the same experience?

second of all, amanita MID DOSE is a lot like having drunk alcohol, without the blurry mind - larger doses DOES NOT resemble alcohol inebriation. Describing dissociative or pre-dissociative states can be pretty interesting, can be euphoric, can be dysphoric, in general they're hard to describe and CAN be unbearable for some people.

7,5 grams of caps is like asking for a breakthrough, 7,5 grams of caps eaten plain and uncooked is asking for stomach problems too. This dose must be bordeline breakthrough or something less, according to your last report. It takes more time to come up, and it would take even more to come up as you did not make tea, but eat it plain [harder to digest dry concentrated matter] . So it's normal you would have increased waves nausea, and this in general depends on preparation [that is proper drying, not some unknown exotic tek people imagine and making tea], dose, and amanita strain.

Also, the high and the stomach load is more if you drink/eat the stuff at once.

making tea, also will convert some of the remaining ibotenic acid into muscimole, and you even dont need to eat the mushroom material if you let it sit in the hot water long enough.

now you threw the powder in the food and ate it. Eating 7,5 grams of dried amanita caps is a large quantity of mushroom powder, and heavy on the stomach. If you don't believe me, eat 8 grams of edible mushroom powder without cooking. It might be a bit hard on stomach too.

amanitas do different stuff in different doses.

what you felt sounds not like drunkeness, I assume you became sick [amanita strain? bad prep? who knows, I never get ill with mine] and also tended to dissociate, but you didn't like that either.

Have you ever tried salvia divinorum or some other dissociative? are you familiar with the state of losing the contact between mind and body?

You propably did not have a different unpleasant experience because of the bad preparation alone, but also because of the higher dose.

In any case, like I said, and you agreed, amanita is not for the hasty. But you were hasty, huh?

• Like 1

mutant: thats the strange part, it was the opposite. When i had the tg milk extract it was kinda slightly compareable to normal shrooms in the sence that it gave strong euphoria and and mild visuals. This compared to the 7.5g of dry eaten material, i felt drunk. There is no ther way to explain it but drunk. No visuals, not particularly euphoric, just felt like i drank half a bottle of vodka in the space of about 2 hours. (as in, the onset and peak was the same as if i had slowly drunk half a bottle, maybe a lil more of vodka in the space of 2 hours) unlike the 5g milk extract, at the end of the experience, i felt voilent nausea that felt the same as if i had drunk WAY too much. I'v had salvia before, but mentally, 7.5g was purely a drunk feeling. With nausea at the tail end of it.

As i said before, the difference between 7.5g and 5g were not simply stronger effects. They were completely different effects. One was psycodelic and fun, one was drunk. There was no loosing contact with my mind and body, just drunk at the high dose. Nothing more. It sucked lol i can imagine that those effects however, may come with the milk extract but at this stage i simply dont know. I'll get back to you in a few weeks on that one ;)

edit: and as for beig hasty, yes i was most deffinitely. However my first experiences was so positive that i thought a lil more would be that, plus more! Not the case. I think working with this lower dose would be best for now. Untill i got a handle on what amanitas are all about.

Edited by ubza_1234