The Corroboree
Ulca

Amanita Muscaria

I have been very interested in this mushroom for a long time, what exactly is its legal status?...

I know that if you get one in Mario Kart, it turns your car into a rocket.

• Like 1

scheduled substance. if u ingest or trade you are a filthy criminal.

Does the filth of a filthy criminal ever wash off?

scheduled substance. if u ingest or trade you are a filthy criminal.

What substance is scheduled?

Edit~ The mushrooms themselves or a substance contained in the mushroom?

Edited by FungiFriend

muscimole is the active stuff. Maybe ibotenic acid is scheduled too in that crazy country of yours...

the filth of criminally ingesting this shit is everpresent. You can scrape it off like a tattoo of a chick that hurt you, but the filth stays with you. That is if you survive the experience.

I would loose my intrest in amanita fast if I were you.These can be fatal if to much is injested.Stick w/cubes or pans,you will be much happier.

• Like 1

as with any new drug, start with a low dose and slowly increase the dose each time you try it. They grow in such abundance that you can aford to play with the doseage. I'm not an expert on this mushroom but all the things i'v been reading say that drying with heat is important as it concerts all that nasty ibotenic acid into loverly muscimol :) toxic doseages seem to be at some amount over 15g from what i'v read. So if you slowly increase the dose, you should feel sick first as you aproach the toxic dose. Get some good scales and maybe each time you go for an amanita experience, increase it by 0.5g -1g. Also from what i've read potency varies alot so pick a reasonable amount then crush them all up to a powder, put them in a jar, and give them a good shake to mix the potent ones with the weaker ones so each time you dose, it should be consistant. Mutant mentioned that grinding them into a powder may be a lil overlill, and that breaking them up into lil peices should be enough then shake them up in a jar or somethng.

Anyway, stay safe!

These can be fatal if to much is injested.

from what i can gather from the literature, this is extremely rare considering how commonly this species is used and how it has been historically. i haven't actually looked into any cases of lethality yet but i assume it to be at a high dose.

"as far as toxic effects are concerned, consumption of A. muscaria or A. pantherina does not induce any critical organ damage. Thus, in the case of such a poisoning, the victims are not considered endangered" (Michelot and Melendez-Howell 2003).

unless of course you really do mean 'amanitas' rather than 'psychoactive amanitas', for there are several deadly species in this genus. however it doesnt appear that muscaria and pantherina are among them in the vast majority of cases.

• Like 1

plus mascarias are one of the prettiest shrooms goin round imo :)

I would loose my intrest in amanita fast if I were you.These can be fatal if to much is injested.Stick w/cubes or pans,you will be much happier.

This is a bit of an alarmist response, without knowing what another person hopes to achieve through the use of this ally. Responsible usage & safety are the keys to an experience, not blind fear. Amanita has been documented through the centuries as a sacrament, and (I believe)many of the stories of it being an evil poison are unfounded scare tactics told to children such as just touching an amanita can kill you.

To everyone out there, be very cautious, read, read, read about the preparation and go into it on the safe side. But don't for a minute think that you need to lose interest in something simply because it's been said to be fatal.

Drink three bottles of rum and it will probably be fatal too.

• Like 2

yes ubza they are surely the quinessential mushroom that everyone recognises. however it's amazing how many australians are surprised to learn it actually exists, and that they are so large and common! and im sure most who know it exists also believe it to be deadly poisonous. i'm not sure that this is a bad thing, considering i often pick them in public places. though then i wonder what people think i am doing...planning on poisoning someone i suppose.

well said PD, that is what i was getting at (if a little more jargony). but yeah of course with all substances people need to keep paracelsus' rule in mind.

...everything is poison. everything is medicine.

Edited by frank

perhaps it was you frank i saw pickin some in pakenham with a ute? :P i also think it's funny how ppl dont know about it. i asked ppl if they have seen it and they say, kinda, in fairy tail books :D imagine if everyone did find out about how to eat them, fkn today tonight will be all over that shit >:(:ana::BANGHEAD2:

Edited by ubza_1234

These can be fatal if to much is injested

not really, but.... it's partly true for pantherina.

Then again, if you ingest too much of anything you're an idiot or uninformed or don't know what you're doing, especially if you eat lots of pantherina, which if you do, you're an uninformed idiot who doesn't know what he's doing alright.

From what I know, fatal muscaria poisonings exist, but are extremely rare and involve very old or sick indivisuals and of course a large dose.

BUT

Pantherinas have more recorded deaths, and this is understandable, as you can overdose too easily if you eat pantherina for food. I don't know exactly what exists beyond some dose. It might be like an anesthetic overdose, you fall into a coma, the heart stops, you sleep forever, lol, something like that.

All occasions of deaths were of people who picked the mushrooms to eat them, not to get high...

But if pantherinas are active at 2 dried grams [caps and stem, expect even greater potency caps only], you can imagine that it's pretty dangerous to mess around with these without a scale.

But all in all, the dangers and myths surrounding amanita muscaria are IMO mainly due to:

1. people's ill mentality against psychoactive drugs in general

2. people's impression that amanitas MUST be like psilocybin in their effects

3. the fact that amanitas are not easily impressive without being terrifying, so it usually takes a more patient and sensible experimenter to understand them than the average drug guy.

4. people in gereral do not prefer dissociatives over psychedelics

5. some people STILL don't know how to prepare them, which is no rocket science

ubza>

imagine if everyone did find out about how to eat them

Nothing will happen. The instructions are already everywhere. But then again you ozzies are crazy!

nope ubza not me, i try not to hang out in pakenham and i certainly don't drive a ute lol. though the last time i was in pakenham i managed to get TWO speeding tickets. one on the way in, one on the way out on that stupid road that looks like it should be 60 but is actually 50. besides, we met once at a meet so you should remember what i look like. though i'm sure your mental faculties weren't at full steam due to steve's baking...

also i love today tonight, it's hilarious. but very very saddening at the same time that some people (like my mum :( ) take it very seriously. so yeah don't cause too much of a ruckus guys...one of my major picking spots is on my parents' farm... :shroomer:

Sorry,,wasnt tryng to scare anyone.Just would like to see folks being safe.Here is a lil info for ya.

Fly agarics are known for the unpredictability of their effects. Depending on habitat and the amount ingested per body weight, effects can range from nausea and twitching to drowsiness, cholinergic crisis-like effects (low blood pressure, sweating and salivation), auditory and visual distortions, mood changes, euphoria, relaxation, ataxia, and loss of equilibrium.[46][47][52][55]

In cases of serious poisoning it causes a delirium, similar in effect to anticholinergic poisoning it is characterized by bouts of marked agitation with confusion, hallucinations, and irritability followed by periods of central nervous system depression. Seizures and coma may also occur in severe poisonings.[47][52] Symptoms typically appear after around 30 to 90 minutes and peak within three hours, but certain effects can last for a number of days.[49][51] In the majority of cases recovery is complete within 12 to 24 hours.[61] The effect is highly variable between individuals with similar doses potentially causing quite different reactions.[46][51][75] Some cases of intoxication have exhibited headaches up to ten hours afterwards.[51] Retrograde amnesia and somnolence can result following recovery.[52]

[edit] Treatment

On the subject of beauty, which is my main interest of starting this thread....

is there a way to remove all scheduled substances from the mushroom through varied substrates and such...?

FF there are reports of people eating it for food after boiling it and throwing away the water multiple times. But it will become a slime by then.

You can dry it and make a scupture out of it, have done it a couple of times. I suppose you won't be charged with possesion if you turn in into an ornamental.

Redcap66, these are scary indeed. They are scary because they present cases of amanita muscaria OVERDOSES and/or people who didn't know they were ingesting a psychoactive mushroom

Sweating, oversalivation and twitching are not always reported. Maybe some strains have more muscarine. I never experienced such symptoms. Some strains are considered superior to others due to lack of these effects. F.e. European or Japanese stuff.