The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
applesnail

Interesting find!

Very nice.

Hope it doesn't get seized on the way in, being made of wood and all.

yeah i was thinking that....knowing quarantine they may make me pay for there treatment procedure i hope @ the worst..

will be interesting to see if it makes it..

Score, man! Even if you have to pay the quarantine fee (which you will if they see it), the staff would have still cost you less than $100. :wink:

yeah, i think it may be ok, as the way i see it would of been treated to get into the US im thinking and the wood looks stained, so we shall see what happens,quarantine are always full of little surprises, but god bless them imagine if we didnt have them, we are a lucky country and we must be thankful for quarantine otherwise we would all have 3rd world country small pox or some kinda bizarre exotic parasitic disease lurking in our midst!

Also that store has few other shaman staffs there if others are interested in them also!

Edited by applesnail

Thought i would post a follow up 2 this....the staff has safely arrived with an exceptional 7 days of delivery and absolutely no quarantine or customs hassles, its package did have a sticker stating united states custom declaration that the sender, must of had to sign and i think this may have given a full green light approval to its new oz destination.

One dissapointing note:- the staff is shorter in length then appears in photo(pictures can be deceiving) and is a good arms length which i guess it states in the ebay sale(a dagger) as it is a good daggers length(short sword size)...still one happy ebay customer & many thanks to AQIS for swift delivery & no excessive treatment charges or hassles.

Would highly recommend if others have an interest in collecting curios of the various kind!

This purchase would in particular make a nice mantle piece setting if i had an open fire and mantle piece to smoke a pipe by the cold nights, unfortunately i dont smoke a pipe as i dont have a PBOY mansion & am sadly not surrounded by silicon breasts in hot pants like happy HEF and do not have an exotic handcarved mantle with an open fire, oh well, i am very thankful to have a beautiful wife who loves me for being broke ass poor & grumpy and am most thankful for modern day AGL gas heating and my deceased grandmothers antique glass cabinet which will have to suffice for its new home, alongside a small collection of whales & sharks teeth & rocks & crystals i have collected from my various travelling years!

Would of been exceptionally nice to have sourced such an artifact from personal travels myself, but unfortunately i have never had the chance to travel to peru and is on my things to do list, its a big beautiful world, so ppls get out there see the wonders and bring back those strange little odditys that capture your eyes and warm yr heart when your old and grey decrippled & pretty much F'd with life you will have these little reminders of such magnificent memorys that just may bring a smile and remind you of such a beautiful place you once travelled to and what a marvelous world we live in! Miracles everywhere!

Cheers!