The Corroboree
sclaws

Peresk Grafting Slides

Greetings Cacti brethren (and sisters)

Having read Teo's handy book of grafting I thought you might be interested in the following slides...all credit to my good friend Anne Halonium and the Lemon Latex Girls who put the following slides together for my crazycacti site. I'm sure she won't mind me sharing her wisdom and while I still prefer good old lophs on their own roots I believe the following to be very useful to those with less patience...

Keep on Growing!

Sclaws

anne1.jpg

anne-2.jpg

anne3.jpg

anne-4.jpg

anne-5.jpg

Edited by sclaws

odd

Weird indeed. The super-glue grafting idea is interesting, though. Anyone else doing this with small scions?

There's WAY better photographs than this around. Really doesn't do the technique justice when you show one, rather than a 'phorest' - as it were.

gota try this!

So the Peres is unrooted when you make the graft?

And what's with the gloves? Is this something one does in a glove box or something?

I'd love some more info on this, please!

Is the fast growth due to rapid up take of water?

Certainly seems worth a shot. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I just read through the mycotopia thread. Those people are peculiar. In fact, Anne Halonium and consorts with their odd, "enthusiastic" ADD demeanor, I think, might be the proof that quick grown grafted lophs are punchy. :)

Thanks for the tip, sclaws.

its says use purified water is that all???

I really don’t see the point of going through all of the hassle unless you were going to go on and do some tissue culture work.

You can get fast growth if you have an indoor setup, healthy stock and good grafting technique.

If you haven’t already check out the old grafting comps Grafting comp

Cheers

Got

^^^^^

I agree with GOT more or less, but they're interesting shots nevertheless.

I think the superglue thing prevents the hated orange rot and other pathogens from infecting the union. I am not sure how else it could ensure tightening of the bond.

I can imagine it to work, as most of my graft that fail, fail due to infections in the union mostly.

superglue prevents evaporation from cut surfaces, it seals them so they do not dry out

it does not fasten them

i bet the sealing action does prevent rot as well as drying out though, just like it does with people where superglue was invented as a form of bandage and still sees use in that area. My daughter tripped and cut her forehead once and the doctor used superglue to hold it together instead of stitches, it worked well and is great for grafting too, but it is pretty easy to glue your fingers together...

*don't superglue your finger to peyote and go to the hospital while in the US*

I can see it happening, how classic it would be.

^^^^^^

super- LOL :lol:

:worship:

i split my nose open on a table when i was 4 and had the same super glue treatment!