The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

that with the book, would make everybody very angry, and i hope you get it back.

lending things is always very problematic, if one say's no, the people get often angry,

and if one say's yes, one sometimes get's nothing back.

this happens not only with wankers, but aswell with professionals, like doctors and alike...

worse, very often those fucking wankers, get angry with you for reminding them to return the book or power tool...

i wonder if those people have partly a psychopatic nature, and it doesn't bother them at all (zilch remorse), that they have done wrong.

hutch, try not to let that spoil your mood, because those wankers sleep well at night, whilst you get upset, it's not worth it.

I think more often than not when I have lent something I have not gotten it back. You have to pretty much assume that "lend" means "give" to a lot of people. Funny thing is, that doesn't piss me off. What pisses me off is when you lend something to someone, and then every time you see them you ask for it back, and they always say something like "Oh, sorry. I left it at home again. Silly me." They never just come right out and say, "sorry dude. I was irresponsible with your shit that you paid for, and I (lent it to someone else) / (swapped it for a bag of weed) / (gave it to some hot chick) / (spilt beer on it) / (shoved it up my arse) etc.

In some cultures there is no individual *ownership* of objects as such, everything belongs to whoever asks for it at the time, and sharing is second nature.

If people in this world were not so obsessed with *owning* stuff and *personal possessions* then perhaps the world might be a better place.

I'd like to come to the point in my life sometime in the future, where I *own* nothing, and instead I share everything I have and people share with me in return.

But perhaps i'm just being idealistic. :)

In some cultures there is no individual *ownership* of objects as such, everything belongs to whoever asks for it at the time, and sharing is second nature.

If people in this world were not so obsessed with *owning* stuff and *personal possessions* then perhaps the world might be a better place.

I'd like to come to the point in my life sometime in the future, where I *own* nothing, and instead I share everything I have and people share with me in return.

I smell a non-returner!

:P

:)

I share my bed every night. Does that count ,lol.

I don't mind sharing things that i don't expect back, like food example and maybe toilet paper, but my books.... I have worked too hard to get them. They give me great pleasure... and no, they are not 'stick mags'. :lol:

Maybe I should come visit you and rummage through 'our' stuff :P

It's a nice idea, but it doesn't seem to work that well in practice. This is pretty much the ideology that most communes started out with, but I challenge you to find a commune that has survived for decades without evolving to a more conventional notion of ownership.

Do bodies count? They are physical objects... Are they up to be shared? And housing? How many absolute randoms would you be cool with just "shacking up" with you - permanently? Your diary/journal, phone, love letters and other privates, you'd share everything?! I think you are being a tad idealistic, but it is a nice idea at the start.

it could and probably does work in a cohesive, uniform little society. even so, it would only "mostly work", because somebody always ruins it, and that would be moreso the case here because you get all sorts.

the cultures and tribes which live this way thogh, seem to be always very happy people, like the pasific islanders and the aborigenies.

they have though aswell, quite severe punishments for individuals, who act in a manner which, hurts the tribe.

nothing beats the feeling, when a fijian buy's you (we are finacialy wealthy compared to them) a bottle of beer and shares there only smoke!

comming back to the point which somebody made before, the topic starter could have tried to settle the issue, the other way round, by offering at least "something", even if it's only sida seeds collected from the wild...

i think there is a bit of a vibe in the opening post, on the lines of, you all are stupid anyway, those seeds you are interressted about, are all crap anyway....

im just greatfull that my love for those things never vained, obviosly this is not the case for deb one amine,

for him, it's either full on, or full off.

WARNING.....do not trade with VUEL.....He is a lying cheat and does not deserve the respect that is given him on this forum....He has had every opportunity to make good and has written that he will....he just never does....

idealism

any system or theory that maintains that the real is of the nature of thought or that the object of external perception consists of ideas.

Cf. realism. — idealist, n. — idealistic, adj.

I smell a non-returner! :P

lol i'm far too generous for my own good, and I never borrow, I only lend.

Maybe I should come visit you

and rummage through 'our' stuff

sure more than welcome to, if you're fond of womens clothing or organic skin care products, as that's about the extent of my *personal* possessions :lol:

How many absolute randoms

would you be cool with just

"shacking up" with you - permanently? Your diary/

journal, phone, love letters

and other privates, you'd

share everything?!

I've lived with random family members dropping in and taking over, does that count? Nobody would want to move in with me permanently anyway :P

As for diary/journal/love letters, I have none of these things anyway, and my phone is frequently borrowed to make calls etc... Lol

Aw, it's just how i'd ideally like to live, i'd also like to live in a safe clean world but unlikely that's ever gonna happen either...

Teeth????????

Sure, my kids borrowed my teeth when they were babies, when I pre-chewed food for them. :lol::P

sure more than welcome to, if you're fond of womens clothing

It's so tempting to respond to this, but... :innocent_n:

zac you beast

she already has enough organic skin lotion

Would just like to mention looking back at the continual trading thread there are a lot of negatised posts (trades) that seem to be unfounded. It has been made to look like members were negatised for trades they had sent to me. well I did receive those trades from such members and was quite happy with them! some one malicious has gone through and negatised posts (trades) they had no involvment in. I have never voted up or down a trade Id been waiting to recieve whether I had received it or not (yes there has been times nothings arrived) but those posts remain untainted while good people I have traded with and received evrything + more have been made to look as though they were untrustworthy I beleive the last time I checked it may have been sharx101 & tripsis that had been negatized in the trading thread well id like to state for the record that It was not me who negatised there posts (trades) and I received both packages :excl:

so obviously the point system does get abused maliciously, good you pointed that out.

i think to remeber that the admins "can see who negatized" and the admin even has the abilety to take away those negative points. but i think the admin would not have time for that, however if somebody totaly missuses this feature, than i'm sure some action would be taken.

and meeka, i think you have every right to be upset, but they don't realy mean you any bad, the opportunety to use those phrases was just too tempting.

and meeka, i think you have every right to be upset, but they don't realy mean you any bad, the opportunety to use those phrases was just too tempting.

Haha, you think what's been said here is bad...it got a lot worse via PM :devil:

Guys I didntg mean to out anybody or reneg on my end of the deals, yes i lied but i didnt know how to say sonmething i guess this is it, ill start buying a pack or two from shaman austrailis and as some one else said check my local area for seeds and such, ill post a thread in a few months with a list of people and items they can collect and even make a contribution, because without this site there is simply no other place for like minded individuals

Sorry Guys

Blake

If you are for real then I am thrilled. check your PMs

so obviously the point system does get abused maliciously, good you pointed that out.

i think to remeber that the admins "can see who negatized" and the admin even has the abilety to take away those negative points. but i think the admin would not have time for that, however if somebody totaly missuses this feature, than i'm sure some action would be taken.

It was being abused, but after a few high profile incidences I haven't seen any major abuse. However, I can't keep tabs on everything, so if anyone spots abuse pelase let me know by PM with as many details as possible. This is a bit of a pet peeve of mine so happy to put some effort into it. Abusers not only get their negatises deleted, but also get the same number added to their own points. And if it is clearly deceptive then they also get a warning or the boot. I have a very low tolerance for this kind of thing.