The Corroboree
Magicdirt

Who is profiting from "legal" incence blends

Yesterday I finally succumbed to my curiosity and purchased a packet of a "legal" smoking blend from my local tobacconist.

I was feeling the effects after the first cone and after blowing the smoke out from the second one I was smashed, it was like getting hit in the back of the head with a shovel, fuck it worked fast. Even though it worked fast and got me smashed it wasn't really enjoyable like pot used to be. It's a synthetic version of Mary Jane that has not got the spirit of Mary Jane and in effect is just another drug like anything else brewed up by a chemist.

After I smoked it, I sat there in amazement looking at the packet that it came in, there was no ingredient list except to say damiana and fragrance oil (not fragrance & oil ?). It also says not for human consumption on the packet, to cover the arse of the manufacturer for any problems that could arise from its use (addiction, cancer)

Obviously this stuff is treated with synthetic cannibinoids, but that gets no mention on the packet.

Another thing on the packet was the made in the USA logo.

I got to thinking who is cashing in off this stuff and why is it being allowed to flourish when natural home grown organic pot is persecuted ?

Why does our government turn a blind eye to this stuff ?

Being made in America, how can they even import this stuff, let alone sell it through legal channels, given the fact it is loaded with synthetic THC analogues ?

I am really quite angry that our kids will all soon be hooked on this shit, there was even parents in the shop wanting to purchase it for their kids.

Who knows what is in it ?

Things don't happen by accident and I believe there has to be a political arrangement allowing this to go unchecked,

Maybe this is part of the reason behind the new legislation they want to push through about the local plants they want banned. They want the competition quashed so they have free reign to sell this crap and then government can cash in on taxes, import duties etc

This seems like a backdoor takeover of the marijuana market by big business, they didn't get their proposition passed in California but they are using a sneaky underhanded route to achieve the same goal all over the world.

There is obviously an enormous amount of this stuff in the country as retailers can't keep up with demand, but quickly get re-stocked when they run out. This amount of product doesn't get through the border without approval from up high.

Help fund the US war effort today and buy a packet of legal pot.

Help pay for the war on drugs (lets face it Afghanistan is all about opium)

But don't dare grow a weed in your backyard or you could go to goal.

• Like 2

Don't have any first hand experience, having just about sworn off the heavy hitting legal highs after a near death experience a few years ago, but as for who is profiting, well good on them I suppose for providing a tentatively legal product in light of a government's stupid law. While good quality, excellent strains of bush would be great, like in Amsterdam, its not the fault of a vendor who wants to make a dollar or two.

In saying that, the stuff you talk about is stupidly expensive, right ? As is more so than the illegal product it claims to replace...... the ingredients are kept secret, but I would guess that theyre taking the piss on he high price.

Don't have any first hand experience, having just about sworn off the heavy hitting legal highs after a near death experience a few years ago, but as for who is profiting, well good on them I suppose for providing a tentatively legal product in light of a government's stupid law. While good quality, excellent strains of bush would be great, like in Amsterdam, its not the fault of a vendor who wants to make a dollar or two.

In saying that, the stuff you talk about is stupidly expensive, right ? As is more so than the illegal product it claims to replace...... the ingredients are kept secret, but I would guess that theyre taking the piss on he high price.

what legal high was that?

The point I was trying to make wasn't really about the vendor, they just do whatever they can to make a buck.

My point was about our government cashing in on an illegal product whilst prosecuting the opposition to their market (pot dealers)

Would it be OK if smoke shops started selling Heroin analogues whilst still prosecuting black market heroin dealers ?

All of this wreaks of political interference by foreign companies, it's illegal to produce the analogues here so they have to be imported.

Our government is now in the business of illegal drug dealing (hand in hand with foreign companies) and using taxpayer hired thugs(police) to quash the opposition.

This stuff is marketed directly to a juvenile mindset ie glossy packaging, advertising hooks and devices designed to implant brand names and varieties into the psyche of kids.

To an inexperienced smoker this crap would seem better than pot in some respects, so the next generation of pot smokers could well be addicted to proprietary brands containing anything, who knows if they contain something designed to create physical dependence.

Edited by Magicdirt
  • Like 3

what legal high was that?

London Underground

Ive watced friends have quite frightening reactions on that aroma from light years, one lad thought he was having a stroke! These new synthetic cannabinoids worry me how long untill we start seeing intravenous cannabininoid use :unsure:

The point I was trying to make wasn't really about the vendor, they just do whatever they can to make a buck.

My point was about our government cashing in on an illegal product whilst prosecuting the opposition to their market (pot dealers)

Would it be OK if smoke shops started selling Heroin analogues whilst still prosecuting black market heroin dealers ?

A well articulated topic Mr Dirt.

You make a clear point I hope it stays on topic.

Just another example of Govt hipocrocy.

Its all about the bucks.

If pot wernt so damm easy to grow they may well be able to have a controlled and taxable product.

But they have to ban a substance that any smart person can grow for free.

Same as hydro shops,the govt doesent mind accepting their taxes and GST

But dont grow anything but tomatoes with the gear,and we will happily accept your Electricity bill.

• Like 1

i thought they were illegal under our analog laws??? unless it means you cant produce it in australia? northern lights is an aussie company???? :blink:

Who is profiting from "legal" incense blends?

That Md, is a really good question.

If the authorities know abut them, them why are they turning a blind eye? I was going to say that it's almost (note: I said 'almost') worth bringing it to the attention of the powers that be to see what happens. As I typed that I remembered all that media kerfuffle over a certain 'legal' high and WA mine workers etc not that long ago. In the light of that it seems implausible that the relevant public servants are unaware of this. Actual politicians might be different though as they can be amazingly out of touch with even the MSM.

I wonder what the possible consequences of bringing this to the attention of an MP might be? This is not a rhetorical question; I really am interested in people's answers.

I would also like to get to the bottom of how this is being imported as I always thought Customs would seize them as analogues. Unfortunately, I don't think any vendors here will be very forthcoming.

It's a synthetic version of Mary Jane that has not got the spirit of Mary Jane and in effect is just another drug like anything else brewed up by a chemist.

LOL

I got to thinking who is cashing in off this stuff and why is it being allowed to flourish when natural home grown organic pot is persecuted ?

LOL

I am really quite angry that our kids will all soon be hooked on this shit,

freakn LOL!!!!

So it doesnt have "the spirit" of pot, what exactly is the spirit of pot anyways, i have smoked for over 20 years and got nfi what you are on about. I have tried these so called evil synthetics and imo some of the blends were far preferable to the majority of poorly grown commercial weed available, nay, some was even better than really well grown outdoor which i love. I just dont understand why some ppl feel the need to question such an alternative ESPECIALLY when like mentioned a blind eye is the response from the powers that be. Who cares who is profiting from it ffs, do you know who is gaining from the bag you scored from a mate who got it from a mate who got it from a dude with an elbow who got it from the growers mate who then spends his money on beer and cigarettes?

"Oh man but we dont know what the long term effects are of ingesting such a substance and blah blah freakn blah". Well you well know the effects of smoking anything could be cancer yet with your spirited all natural weed that isnt a concern i guess.

Oh, wont somebody think of the children!

For gods sake, the main ppl i hear complain about these alternatives we are lucky to have are full blown bong jockeys, perhaps they should just go back to complaining about drunks and alcohol and be glad there is an alternative if they ever need one.

• Like 5

it sounds like your profiting off it PD lol :P

Edited by B_T

These products are "technically " Illegal. The chemists are tricky and mask the ingredients so that by conventional means it takes a long time to find out what is actually in them. You won't find any departments spending the time to do detailed analysis until it becomes a health issue. It took quite a while before spice ingredients were determined by a THC Pharm company and then it was subsequently banned. They also have a few analogues to choose from 18/78/200/250 just to name a few.

According to WIKI THC is a partial Agonist while the analogues are full agonist which would account for the extra kick that MJ smokers encounter. I am keen to see these products used for medical reasons and appetite enhancing. I was very impressed by the effect and have since quit MJ. I notice my body is still withdrawing from the MJ but when Im on the synthetics it doesn't matter , Im too inebriated to care. I'll be watching these products closely , only a matter of time before they are removed from the market. IMO

LOL

LOL

freakn LOL!!!!

So it doesnt have "the spirit" of pot, what exactly is the spirit of pot anyways, i have smoked for over 20 years and got nfi what you are on about. I have tried these so called evil synthetics and imo some of the blends were far preferable to the majority of poorly grown commercial weed available, nay, some was even better than really well grown outdoor which i love. I just dont understand why some ppl feel the need to question such an alternative ESPECIALLY when like mentioned a blind eye is the response from the powers that be. Who cares who is profiting from it ffs, do you know who is gaining from the bag you scored from a mate who got it from a mate who got it from a dude with an elbow who got it from the growers mate who then spends his money on beer and cigarettes?

"Oh man but we dont know what the long term effects are of ingesting such a substance and blah blah freakn blah". Well you well know the effects of smoking anything could be cancer yet with your spirited all natural weed that isnt a concern i guess.

Oh, wont somebody think of the children!

For gods sake, the main ppl i hear complain about these alternatives we are lucky to have are full blown bong jockeys, perhaps they should just go back to complaining about drunks and alcohol and be glad there is an alternative if they ever need one.

I'm glad you think it is so funny PD

You won't comment on jokes I post but you are compelled to laugh out loud when someone posts something serious.

You've been on these boards all this time and you don't know what the spirit of a plant is, I find that intriguing to say the least

LOL

For your information I never got caught up in all that chasing drugs mentality, I did grow it many years ago but paying someone to buy a weed has always been a difficult concept for me to get my head around.

When it became GMO indoor Hydro garbage I gave it away.

Who cares who's profiting from it for fucks sake

Maybe look into your own habits and you will see that you are corporate puppet, something I don't wish for my kids.

bayerheroin.jpg

You get on here and whinge when you're having a hard time and say you've fallen back into an old habit.

I'd rather not have my kids' sanity meddled with by corporations and complicit corrupt governments.

You may not have kids or give a fuck what they get hooked on, but some people do.

• Like 8

These products are "technically " Illegal. The chemists are tricky and mask the ingredients so that by conventional means it takes a long time to find out what is actually in them. You won't find any departments spending the time to do detailed analysis until it becomes a health issue. It took quite a while before spice ingredients were determined by a THC Pharm company and then it was subsequently banned. They also have a few analogues to choose from 18/78/200/250 just to name a few.

According to WIKI THC is a partial Agonist while the analogues are full agonist which would account for the extra kick that MJ smokers encounter. I am keen to see these products used for medical reasons and appetite enhancing. I was very impressed by the effect and have since quit MJ. I notice my body is still withdrawing from the MJ but when Im on the synthetics it doesn't matter , Im too inebriated to care. I'll be watching these products closely , only a matter of time before they are removed from the market. IMO

Someone tried some Northern Breeze and yeah onset of appetite was incredibly fast,moreso than MJ.

It gave a weird stoned feeling but very similar and quite nice.Home delivery took out the paranoia of procuring,which was a relief LOL

This person used only a small quantity in a ciggie as they are cautious and haven't touched it since as they had already given up the real stuff and thought it may be not so good to substitute an unknown chem sprayed on a herbal blend in their situation,nor one habit for another.

They remain THC and CBN/D free no problems...no withdrawals,just a firm choice.

It works for sure....how safe? Don't know...Who profits? Same.

Was Ray from HHH ever prosecuted for selling synthetic cannabinoids? his werent even a smoking blend I believe he was selling it in a capsule! and considering HHH states all there products are LEGAL and NATURAL I believe he should have had to answer for it! bet he didnt though. hey that recieved national attention on today tonight Is he still selling that capsule? If I ever find out a vendor had sold me an un-researched chemical as a natural product I would punch them in the face! and wtf is in the blends from the beehive collective? and who is running that store there a member on the forum right? THEY ARE PROFITING FROM LEGAL SMOKING BLENDS in case any one was wondering!!!

IMO anything sold on the legitimate market incense or not should be labelled with a list of all ingredients

• Like 1

I liked PD's LOL's a lot :)

So it doesnt have "the spirit" of pot, what exactly is the spirit of pot anyways, i have smoked for over 20 years and got nfi what you are on about.

One can only experience the true spirit of the Green Mage if toking from a ceramic bong shaped like the Great Wizard.

Better yet, just bake some space muffins and praise the god of self raising flour.

Wizard%20ceramic%20bong.jpg

• Like 2

you have some good points PD, namely, we're not sure who is profiting from anything. it is all suss though as MD alludes to. i tend to think that governments and the military are the main players in the drug trade, they gain power and money through prohibition and as a bonus it keeps pharma happy.

• Like 1

Id agree with you there thunder about the military, in townsville last year alone there were 17 meth labs discovered!!! show me another town in QLD that bad for it bet theres not unless theres an army barracks! military men know how to get away with this shit whether or not its organised on a government level im unsure also I have a few buds in the navy who seem to be constantly coked up to the eye balls whenever there home they board suspicious vessels for a living and seize illegal drugs who is policeing the police?

• Like 1

I'm glad you think it is so funny PD

You won't comment on jokes I post but you are compelled to laugh out loud when someone posts something serious.

You've been on these boards all this time and you don't know what the spirit of a plant is, I find that intriguing to say the least

LOL

For your information I never got caught up in all that chasing drugs mentality, I did grow it many years ago but paying someone to buy a weed has always been a difficult concept for me to get my head around.

When it became GMO indoor Hydro garbage I gave it away.

Maybe look into your own habits and you will see that you are corporate puppet, something I don't wish for my kids.

Awww im soooo sorry i havent laughed at any of your jokes (i cant recall you telling any but thats beside the point apparently) magicdirt, corporate puppets like myself dont really know how to respond to real life humour, only government sanctioned comedy does it for me.

If buying weed is such a hard thing to get your head around then purchasing some milk or bread must be a total mind fuck for you. I guess you are from the set that has the same old mentality of "oh man, weed grows naturally and has been given to us from nature so we should share it and let it be free because it grows in the earth". Everything is free if you look at things that way..... that is except for the petrochem side of life which ALL of us are totally dominated by. If you try and tell me you arent a corporate puppet the only person you are fooling is yourself!

Wasnt that the whole point of your thread???

You get on here and whinge when you're having a hard time and say you've fallen back into an old habit.

I'd rather not have my kids' sanity meddled with by corporations and complicit corrupt governments.

You may not have kids or give a fuck what they get hooked on, but some people do.

Yeh i piss and moan all the time about falling back into an old habit (cant recall doing as such all the time but if you say so) but really, i shouldnt because its all the fault of corporations and complicit governments isnt it. For starters you have no idea about what my private life or habits entail regardless of my apparent whining and if anyone gets hooked on anything i wouldnt be blaming the fucking government for the state of their affairs. I really like the little advertisement you added to your post, i wish hammer was as freely available now as it once was but alas, due to "corporate puppets" such as myself, better known as junkies it got taken away from us all. IMO, its ppl like you that blame the government for addictions and sickness that need a fucking reality check, i have never held anyone accountable for what i do to myself nor do i expect anyone else to work me through it as i assume you would because as far as i can see you wouldnt hold yourself or your kids responsible, it would be the fault of corrupt governments, money hungry corporations or filthy drug dealers for letting these evil scourges into our society. If you must know i havent even seen heroin for well over 6 months but you wouldnt know that because magicdirt, i dont know you, hardly recall you from these forums and its none of your fucking business. Some of the "hard times" i have "whined" about in the past have have had nothing to do with drugs at all but i guess due to the fact im a known "junkie" on these forums you just went ahead and assumed as such. In the past 12 months the times i have been off the forums has had nada to do with my drug use and more to do with........ well, like i said, its none of your fucking business.

Anyways, you find it intriguing i dont know what the spirit of MJ is, could you please explain to me what this spirit does or feels like? Im gonna go out on a magicdirt limb here and ASSUME you know what you are talking about and can enlighten me to the full extent of this "sprit" so when i light up later on tonight i can feel the spirit and hopefully understand wtf you are talking about? OR i can just safely ASSUME you are talking shit about this alleged spirit and you just use the word spirit when you have no fucking idea how to explain yourself and need something to fill the gaps in your vocabulary so you come across as some kind of enlightened stoner guru.

Shit, i just realised you have been on these forums for just on 12 months, fuck me. If you think i have whined much in the past twelve months you shoulda seen how much i have pissed and moaned in the past 5 years!!!!

• Like 8

The "who cares who profits for fucks sake" was a quote from you Einstein, you just wrote ffs for short. you can go back now and edit that bit out to make yourself feel "right" if you want. I wont think any less of you.

If you want a petty argument over semantics you won't get one from me.

You piss on someone's thread and belittle their opinion & then get all flustered when they defend themselves, hardly a moderate response from a moderator of all people.

The corporate puppet comment was below the belt and I apologise for that.

But to put it into context I'm surrounded by junkies wanting to pick fights over trivial bullshit, I guess it's become second nature to react when provoked.

Something I need to work on.

Good luck PD

I hope you have an interesting life.

• Like 3

Plant spirits...Plant Ally... Just like the shamans invoke whilst partaking in a ceremoney... I am no authority on the matter but have read a several books on plant spirit medicine and fully believe in plant spirits, but each to their own.

I love everyone here and dislike conflict.....

• Like 2

respect the integrity man

uphold it and be proud of it

natural hg...all the way.....peppers tomatoes ....etc....and the funk

as for this fake shit taking over the market

c'mon ......you serious man

md don't lose faith and don't pass judgment so easily

legal incence is just pharma treated incence

The "who cares who profits for fucks sake" was a quote from you Einstein, you just wrote ffs for short. you can go back now and edit that bit out to make yourself feel "right" if you want. I wont think any less of you.

Sorry, in my drug addled daze i thought that you must have meant that yourself as it wasnt quoted from me or how i wrote it, bit of misunderstanding, damn my horribly junked out confusion.

I wasnt trying to pick a fight over trivial bullshit, i just hear so many ppl complain about these "legal" incense blends for unrealstic reasons and i had to speak. I suppose unrealistic reasons isnt really the term i should be using as some of the reasons are well founded as with most other substances people can and do abuse, its just when ppl use reasoning such as the "spirit" of substances and how another new(ish) substance could be the downfall of many children due to whatever reason is gettn a lil old. AFAIC these products in question are what many many ppl have been wanting for a long time, it is basically legal weed and now that it is available and an option i hear ppl getting all upset about it quiet frequently. I have no doubt at all that there are health risks from using it as there are health risks from most illicit pastimes myself and millions of others indulge in every day, shit, even every day normal activities have their risks.

Im curious as to which blend you got (i dont expect you to name it) as i have never seen a "made in america" logo on any of the ones i have purchased. As for helping fund the war effort, while that comment may have been tongue in cheek, the act of filling your car with petrol would be more of a contribution

No offence taken from the corporate puppet comment man, we all are whether we like it or not!

BTW, those afghan poppies arent the american concern, the queen owns them thank you very much.

Thanks for the good luck wishes, my life has been and still is well interesting, good luck to you too magicdirt.

• Like 2

I'm glad you guys have worked it out, it would have been a shame to lose another thread to 'bitches and gripes'

• Like 1