The Corroboree
mud

extract with vinegar

Who has the word on this?

Read that it might pull the visual goodness without the baeocystin,

('cant breathe' badness..)

would be interesting to shed light on it.

I know for a fact something in orange juice kills the psilacybon i just assumed it was the citrus acid but its common practice to put lemon juice or vinigar in brews apparently....

so i got no clue.. did you try goggle it.. wouldn't the shroomery have discussed it before?

My speculation is that allowing the psilocybin/psilocin into solution with the enzymes (they should have enzymes I think) from the mushroom will destroy the tryptamines.

My speculation is that allowing the psilocybin/psilocin into solution with the enzymes (they should have enzymes I think) from the mushroom will destroy the tryptamines.

what solution do you refer to? ethanol w/acetic acid?

I've read that extraction before.

What would the 190 proof alcohol be in Australia and how would you go about getting it.

Seems like it would be good for maintaining cleanliness while doing in-vitro work too.

you can buy it a dan murphies, its called polish spirit in a clear 500ml bottle with a white and green label. I think it's about $40 a bottle though.

Ahh $40++ for a bottle! pretty expensive stuff...

Would isopropanol work for extraction purposes?

no dice, just read the MSDS and it's definitely not good to ingest :puke:

what solution do you refer to? ethanol w/acetic acid?

Depends on these 'enzymes' solubility, I don't know the real mechanism with certainty. It's just the explanation that fitted best from the limited dataset I have had access to. ;)

Do you get tightness in your chest when you take mushrooms?

Roger Rabbit over at the shroomery has done this and vouches for its effectiveness. He claims it'll store for ages too. I recall he might even have a short tek for his process on there. I think it's easier than PF's alcohol extract tek too.

yeh that spritys stuff

has a couple of percent water

which can drastically reduce success.

And its a good way to burn cash.

WHY VINEGAR?

there are some papers that allege that between the vinegar

and perhaps heat-reducing it slowly, u get a near total conversion to psilocin.

This, that its also the more visual component.

Reminds me of lsh can be targeted specifically rather than lsa.

This is interesting

http://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/psilocin.extraction.html

AS usual.. the pig goes guinea..

and FOAF reports, that

using 5g of last years subs.. with a cup of vinegar

reduced down to 20ml

was in the top 3 trips of his life!!! Out of 40-50+ experiences with subs,

he says he's very excited to have seemingly found a way to have large doses without the side effects.

He only got a heavy bodyload on the comedown- but wasn't nearly as achey or 'spent' as normal.

He says the vinegar lost most of its taste, masked the shroom, warmed the belly

and was far easier to shoot than he thought.

He's never had that quality of visual experience either.

Highly recommended avenue of experimentation.

Edited by mud

would be interesting to shed light on it.

I know for a fact something in orange juice kills the psilacybon i just assumed it was the citrus acid but its common practice to put lemon juice or vinigar in brews apparently....

so i got no clue.. did you try goggle it.. wouldn't the shroomery have discussed it before?

I thought that by the addition of citrus (or citric acid), when making tea, the psilocybin becomes a citrate and is more soluble in water and less likley to oxidise (which happens very easily when exposed to air, and there's plenty of air in the solution, especially when pouring into cups etc.). Vinegar is acetic acid.

You can also use tartaric acid (the stuff for making sherbert) which can be found in any supermarket in the baking isle.

Edited by Hyphal

yeh that spritys stuff

has a couple of percent water

which can drastically reduce success.

And its a good way to burn cash.

95.6% is the best you can get through normal distillation and if you were to use dessicants to dry it further it would suck that 4% water back in from the air around it when you opened the bottle.

If someone really wanted to try this a pm may get you a sample of 95+. I'm not sending out 500ml though, it's enough to kill if drunk.

Quite simple to make yourself once you have the equipment.

Interesting thread, if you live near a wine producing region you can easily obtain very high percentage alcohol.

Most wineries have ample and simply asking a friend who works there could get you all you would ever need.

Failing that I think you could ask to purchase some and it would be far cheaper than the 500ml bottle mentioned earlier.