sharxx101

1000th Post Giveway

my two favourite kitties

wasabi smelling cactus flower

and bog assisting with moving house

and favourite plant

• Like 1

Great Pics everyone!!!!! :)

I couldn't be happier with the response to this thread. It is great to see so many members get involved.

The comp will end on the 28th of this month at 8pm and I will need help from everyone with voting for a winners of the comp.

Please vote for the picture you like the most and who ever gets the most votes will win first prize. You can vote by posting or voting for the post via sab, all votes will be counted for this comp.

I will state the prizes this weekend, there will be a 1st,2nd and 3rd prize for the winners

Good luck to everyone who enters and share the love of plants!!!

Edited by sharxx101

Here's my pics

This is my cat (1 of 3) Mischa and a few new additions to the garden

please note I did not name her

gallery_6884_297_212102.jpg

I have tried for two weeks to get a photo of her with my alba because not only is it one of my favourites but the two have a connection

When I added the alba to my garden, Mischa seemed to like it, often I would find her curled up next to it in the pot. "Aww cute." I thought. When I got this alba it was pretty much upright. This is it now;

med_gallery_6884_297_84029.jpg

Mischa leaned on it so much that it bent over to an almost 45 degree angle. At first I was distressed (this cat also put some serious clawmarks in a loph) but it has turned out alright, stimulating a bit of growth. Now it's a lot bushier

• Like 2

post-7430-0-00419100-1305086822_thumb.jp

Brilliant photo, Amazonian. +1

is that your snake?

Yeah, a Jungle Carpet Python . :)

Great Pics everyone!!!!! :)

Please vote for the picture you like the most and however gets the most votes will win first prize. You can vote by posting or voting for the post via sab, all votes will be counted for this comp.

Using the positive rating will make the winner selection easy i think.

And where is your Photo sharxx?

Brilliant photo, Amazonian. +1

Thanks man :)

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 1

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I just WISH I had reptiles like yours Amazonian! They're delightful, very nice shot. How big is she/he?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I just WISH I had reptiles like yours Amazonian! They're delightful, very nice shot. How big is she/he?

There are some wonderful pythons in Brisbane too. You might just have one in your backyard Sheather ?.

The Python in the photo is a fully grown 10 year old animal that is about 5' in length that i watched hatch out of an egg. Jungle carpets are not a huge snake , but can be very aggressive. I was surprised it sat still for me to photograph actually. Yeah, reptiles are awesome.

So, have you reared it to be handled, or does the aggression take over in situations like that. I have a snake, Sita, who is a children's python I believe. She's grown to about 70-80cm at the moment, and we don't expect she will get much larger, but I'm a real... I would say reptile nut, but I have soft spots for lots of animals. Except spiders, those I dislike.

So, have you reared it to be handled, or does the aggression take over in situations like that. I have a snake, Sita, who is a children's python I believe. She's grown to about 70-80cm at the moment, and we don't expect she will get much larger, but I'm a real... I would say reptile nut, but I have soft spots for lots of animals. Except spiders, those I dislike.

Jungle carpets are usually aggressive any way, though some can be tamed down somewhat with regular handling. I don't really handle it much these days, just admire it. I refer to it as 'IT', as it has not been probed/sexed .

The most aggressive snake that i ever owned was a Childrens Python,lol.

I wanted to enter my spiders in to this comp' but i don't think they would stay in one spot for long enough.:lol:

^ ^ ^ lol, There is a dragon, a Gippsland Water dragon (or uncolored Eastern).. cactuscarl, post 52.

EDIT: . Cactuscarl.. I know the Eastern Water Dragon occurs your way, but the lizard in your post looks like a Gippsland form. can you confirm please .

Edited by Amazonian

Here is Scooby keeping an eye on T. pachcnoi cuts destined for other SAB'ers.

This is my favourite cactus as it grows the fastest here and allows me to graft other rare cactus.

She is undoubtedly a ball of muscle but has the best temperament of any dog I've had :)

post-7432-0-57585200-1305419200_thumb.jp

post-7432-0-36438700-1305419328_thumb.jp

post-7432-0-57585200-1305419200_thumb.jpg

post-7432-0-36438700-1305419328_thumb.jpg

post-7432-0-57585200-1305419200_thumb.jpg

post-7432-0-36438700-1305419328_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I couldn't tell ya what type of dragon he is just found him trying to get some sun and thought it was a cool pic :) but i do see the parents always round water they get to about a metre if that helps

Great comp sharkx lots of fun and great pics ppl