The Corroboree
vual

IRC chat room.

Id be up for a chat for sure but i dunno if i can risk screwin up the xchat settings, took me long enough to get thru setup for the old lab and like i mentioned already, Im not much good when it comes to computery stuff.

I hope everyone will go in for a look, at the very least if only to meet ethnobot :wub:

He knows all. :worship:

well i worked it out, god knows how but i did. :D

Ethnobot knows all, doing some mods to this "information bot" hopefully i will have it reporting new posts from the corroboree to the irc channel by tonight.

The old ethnobot was just a slap together basic python script, since the other day i have found a open source bot engine written in python, very powerful.

Current commands are:

.wik blah (to search Wikipedia)

.ety blah (to get the etymology of a word)

.dict (to get a dictionary reading of the word)

.taunt (random taunts, rather amusing at times)

.c ### + ##### (calculate)

Working on:

.trivia (a ethno based trivia game, i might even donate prizes if we get alot of people hanging out)

.sab A function to read from the corrobores RSS feeds maybe and post new topics on the irc chan.

If you know python come into irc and help me, otherwise come on in and have a chat.

cya there,

Edited by vual

Make a point based trivia contest. The bot tallies based on account, and trivia revolves around plants and the ethno rather than pointless drivel :)

done :)

The system is up and running, it only has 10 questions so fare im working on more (all plant, ethno, anth, chemestry based).

I really need help to write these questions,

Please come into IRC or drop me a PM with questions in the format of:

Question*Answer

Ex:

Echinopsis pachanoi is also known as?*San Pedro

:) cya there.

Oh boy I didn't expect that to be taken seriously. In that case... I may get some IRC software over the next few days... Not sure though.

we have 10 people in atm, had a little trivia test run. Dude won... over and over...

buggered if i can get get back in there. i needed sina to hold my hand allthe way until i was in there. then we used to bitch at each other like fiends. HOPEFULLY weve grown up a little until then.

Hope bacc is still hanging in there. Not a cooler, friendlier guy on the planet. Samoans are so adorable.

Much love to the labers xxxo.

p.s that is lovely passive, but knowing that those words where typed by the ower of the most rancid gouch that has ever graced my top lip, well it makes the pant insult slide of the proverbial ducks back.

• Like 1

*unrolls swag and camps out in #thelab

Nice to chat with some forum members in there recently and hope to see heaps more come in for a chat/quiz/laugh

This chat room's going to play havoc with my new internet addiction tho, damn. :P

• Like 1

DP

Edited by dworx

what's IRC ???

Edited by dworx

mneeka is a addicted to IRC....

:bootyshake:

Anything said in chat, stays in chat! :devil:

*slaps vual

/me is now afk or at least trying 2 be...grrr !

aww i totally missed out on writing some python, didn't i?! ahh well at least we got some irc going!! I'll be camped out permanently in there B)

So what's IRC???

Anyone?

You could try either of those ^ ^ ^ Thunderldeal. I think as long as you join #thelab, you will get in,??? There is usually someone on in #thelab in the evening, it gets a little crazy sometimes, but thats half the fun hey.

Edited by Amazonian

it's fucking weird, these days i usually just view new posts, i don't navigate the sub-forums, and sometimes i just don't see a topic, like this one. it only appeared today after dworx's post and i thought both these pages sprang up overnight.

so i guess the idea of this brand new room full of excited chatters was an illusion.

i forget how it came about but we did something similar about a year ago, most participation was by about ten people, and there was often 3-5 people online.

btw interest seemed to wain after maybe a month or two, i don't know how protracted it's death was but i assume not very.

I bet it is still the same Thunder thanks for the link which IRC client did you download???

the link is for mirc as i use windows. the trial seems to shut down if you're inactive which is annoying when you're trying to wait in an empty room.

in the past i used a cracked version which i'm sure could be attained from many torrent trackers.

I think that there did used to be more participants, but work & life take their toll on these things. I'll try to remember to look in on the chat when here - will have to run into someone eventually.

ok i think ya have to be sure and double click the austnet folder, and then select 'random AU server', because after doing that i can now see chanop