The Corroboree
Distracted

Biggest full moon in 18 years :o

Not sure at all Synchro. It would be nice if the night it happens was clear, whatever night that may be...

This site has a graphic that shows the relative sizes of the moon at its furthest from the earth, compared to its closest point to the earth.

Are you sure it wasn't this?

That's what I thought at first but it was really pronounced and then shifted. The natural ring was there too but this was a schweird circular cloud, much larger in diameter and had straight lines coming off it (why I thought it may have been from an aircraft).

Edited by botanika

It's happening now, looks awesome too.

The clouds cleared just in time.

Auckland folks would've been treated to seeing the moon appearing amidst long pink clouds, contrasted perfectly by the remaining gaps of blue. :)

Just how many Super Moons do we have anyway? I just read this online today about Super Moons !!!

The journalist who wrote it appears to be a bit of a knob, just quietly.

DOOMSAYERS and academics, prepare for battle.

It's that time of year again when the moon looks a little bigger and sends witches, Morris dancers and homeopaths scurrying for cover and a cold flannel.

I dread the full moon, and well, if I post anything weird this Sunday, please disregard it. And um, don't read it. Cheers. :wink:

FWIW in a previous life I studied statistics at uni and we briefly analysed moon cycles in relation to criminal behaviour satistics. There was indeed a slight stastical increase in criminal behaviour on full moons. BUT there was a marked, significant correllation between 'blue moons' and criminal behaviour.

Just went outside to take a peek, but alas, obscured by clouds (not a bad album by the floyd that one :wink: )

FWIW in a previous life I studied statistics at uni and we briefly analysed moon cycles in relation to criminal behaviour satistics. There was indeed a slight stastical increase in criminal behaviour on full moons. BUT there was a marked, significant correllation between 'blue moons' and criminal behaviour.

Just went outside to take a peek, but alas, obscured by clouds (not a bad album by the floyd that one :wink: )

That's interesting because a family friend who is a police officer up QLD said the same thing and that on a full moon is when the 'weirder' crimes are committed. Another interesting thing about a full moon which some of you might have recognised is that apparently psychedelics are much more intense on a full moon or at least that is the general consensus amungst my friends..Guess I'll have to take their word for it as I wouldn't know :innocent_n:

I think people often forget that that moon has a more mundane effect on people - it shines light everywhere! The more light at night, the more likely people are to stay awake. Similar things also happen when things such as the temperature increases (from coldish to hot, but not to scorching), people are more likely to be found outside. ^^