The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Brugmansia/Cannabis/Lotus

Apoth: Where are you on IRC?

Austnet, freenode, and a few private networks.

Server address/channel?

Actually, send server IP's if possible. Name server issues.

its nice smoke, sounds like shes got you now :D ive only had plesurable experiences smoking it.

As far as synergy goes tobacco,ganga,dat/brug,lotus and scelly all seem to get along well in basically any combo.

Apoth have you tried saffron yet?

It strikes me as a great muscle relaxant/pain reliever additive to baccy or mull.

mescalito, nope, saffron is mainly a food additive in my culture so no :P

According to mother, saffron here is shit compared to the stuff from Iran.

There's a reason it costs its weight in gold there

Apoth you might get lucky soon

they are starting to cultivate it here in Tassie now

in fact if u go through tesselar bulbs at the right time of year i think u can get bulbs

i did some reading and the are fast multipliers. Jus gotta have perfect drainage

A saffron plant would make an awesome present for mother.

If anyone sees what Rev is describing, please keep me in mind, or at least posted :)

[ 16. May 2005, 02:28: Message edited by: apothecary ]

space trucker - what is your brug dosage.

apoth - ditto?

we sell saffron bulbs from nov - feb usually. Not this year though cos the rodents got them ALL. The f#ckers pulled the fresh shoots up and then dig down to get the whole bulb. If they start doing that to my Colchicum bulbs as well I'll get worried

Fresh saffron is highly aromatic. I wouldn't be surprised if much of the psychoactivity was due to volatile oils as the best effects come from the best smelling stuff.

I'll ask my cousin to bring back some for bioassay.

He is going shortly.

I don't have scales, so I measure things in squares.

I flatten my smoking material (chopped finely and dry) flat on a piece of paper and have squares drawn on the paper. I use a cityrail ticket to move the material into roughly equal squares.

Brug is always half a square :P

so what size are the squares? I presume you are not doing it on a perforated 500lsd blotter sheet :D :P

Exactly 3/4 of a cityrail ticket :P

5.5x 6.6cm or so hehehe. Definitely no more than 1cm high.

shit, that's HEAPS! what part of the plant is it? and we are talking just the brug?!?

Well T, it's 1 square cannabis, 1 square lotus, 0.5 squares brug.

This time was flowers, but I've smoked 0.5 squares of brug leaf on its own before, re my above post about young leaves.

i no that i may seem ignorant but wot is the active dose for tropanes and im not talkin about 1 flower or 2 leaves im mean how many mg of tropanes is an active dose for deliriant effects

Lately I make a mix of 2:3 cannabis bud to brug leaf (sauvolens from SAB, ~6 mths old) all finely powdered. I start with about 2 or 3 single toke bowls in a row, from a bong, and then have the odd bowl now and then till late the evening. Pretty much casual smoking...

One night I smoked about six cones in a row of straight brug, then one toke of weed. After a while I felt slightly unbalanced when I walked, and sitting in a dark room with music had some nice, incredibly detailed CEV. A bit later I felt like there were white sheets of light coming down and enveloping me. That was the strongest effect I've had from it... not really that strong, compared to say a decent mushie trip.

I find this drug to be really suited to introspection and meditation. When I have it, it just seems like the right thing to do to go into my mind. I will feel really lucid sitting in the dark, probing my own mind, but then if I turn the lights on I am "brought back" and the magic disappears somewhat, and I just feel ++stoned.

I'm not looking to get off the planet on this stuff, don't have any plans to make a brew. I think I will have it only occasionally, if at all, in the future. But its at the moment it's relatively new to me...its like having a new girl/boyfriend, you just want to be together all the time :)

Now you guys have really got me curious. I've chopped a datura plant down for sampling. :D

If you really did chop the whole plant down, you should attempt smoking the roots and get post results here.

Remember, be careful!

Ergoamide not sure on what doseage would cause delerium however Atropine, Scopolamine and Hyoscyamine are used medicinally in doses of around a quarter of a milligram

'Buscopan' is Hyoscine Butylbromide, and I think it's 10mg per tablet.

That is a dose to treat stomach cramps, not induce any psychoactive effects.

Now, I am just going off memory with all of this info, because I don't have any Buscopan on hand.

So, you might want to double check the dose.

They source it from the 'native duboisia bush', but don't reveal which Duboisia exactly.

Pituri tablets anyone? :)

My source was for medicinal dose was pharmacotheon, and I checked RXLIST and i appear to be correct.

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic2/scopol.htm

Must be different dose for hyosine-N-butylbromide

I'd say they would using Duboisia myoporoides for tropane extraction.

[ 20. May 2005, 06:20: Message edited by: Jack ]

But then it depends on where in Australia the Duboisia plants have come from.

Peter Latz, in Bushfires & Bushtucker, talks about these plants being mainly nicotine in some areas, and mainly tropanes in other areas.

Surely these pharm. companies would use the most potent strain of plant available? As-in, the plant with the most Hyoscine.

I would love to know the details of their business. How they choose which plants to use, etc.

On the link apothecary posted, it states they use

Dubosia that are native to the Kingaroy district of Queensland, Australia.