The Corroboree
t st tantra

smokable lsa's from common house plant!!!

That is very Funky Fenris, thats what so great about the Cyperus plants they are literally growing everywhere. Hope the photos i posted help you guys to ID alot more spidergrass and related plants growing commonly in your area/s. The plants also do like to have wet roots constantly and plenty of root space to grow as Fenris was saying :)

yeah thats a great photo YT. i found a whole bunch flowering outside a bilo supermarket. plus some friends have em in their graden. time to collect some roots.

Used to have heaps of this at my parents old house, if only I knew at the time :drool:

so i'm not repeating myself to some of you individually.....

re the plants sent this week ......the clump is the small form of c alternifolius,i think,

and the small sprouted nutlets are the larger form.

how did they travel?

i though they wouldnt need any padding.

will contact the other interested people in the next few days .

great yt,i'd been looking for a good pic for a while.

flowers can be smoked too,whole plant can be brewed.

t s t .

excellent they arrive very well

thank you very much

:):)

"the cyperus is known as dwarf umbrella grass and sometimes as spider grass,it is very easily propagated.

t s t . "

so is it decided that the roots flowers and perhaps the whole plant that is known as umbrella grass is psychoactive? this particular plant can potentiate both tryptamines as well as cacti? and can be smoked alone or ingested in tea form and be active?

i am curious if this plants roots could be tinctured in alcohol and made into a perfume which could be absorbed sublingualy each time its sprayed onto a patient or a mesa?

or if it could be added to cimora recipe with tobacco and sanpedro ( not to mention alittle florida water) and taken via the nose either in a tea or alcohol tincture... such is done in northern peru... internasal admin would be interesting....

yeah good idea there tihkal, how about making a cimora with this plant and heimia as well.

i like the idea of tincture used in perfumes and in tobacco juice.

i think this is exciting in this regards.

i have never really had anything all that interesting happen from heimia have you?

post-1554-1163840539_thumb.jpg

nice pic

and no i haevnt really had much with heimia but i here it has great synergy with cactus so i think this deserves a look into, anyone clarify this? maybe hiemia and spidergrass + cactus coudl be a good combo?

Edited by hebrew

has anyone ever tried smoking dried woodrose leaves??

an old (albeit nuts) friend believes them to be active when smoked.

im not game to try!

i've been meaning to make this point plainer.

the effects from the smoked lsas is limited,

torstens early post in the thread seems corect.

larger amts produced no greater lsa effects.

still the overall effects are more stimulant than the usual

sedative maois we are used to.

spidergrass has not yet activated oral spice,this is most likely

due to the dose not being high enough.

but it has done everything else expected of an maoi.

t s t .

it appears to be another cyperus sp i've seen as an ornamental, one that has leaves all of different lengths..

the longest leaf being about the height of the plant.lots of active flowers.note the spiral patterns of the leaves ,triple helix?

dont know its id yet.

but its hard to get good pics of cyperus and i could be misinterperating a similar looking plant.

t s t .

How many cones worth of spidergrass flowers would one actually need to notice effects, on average?

some claim one is enough,i'd roll the equivalent of about 2 or 3 .

t s t .

This may be irrelevant but in some Perth wetlands this summer I've noticed a fungus growing on the flowers of Carex appressa - the spores are a purplish brown colour. Could it be possible that the psychoactivity of Carex has something to do with a fungal relationship, ie, ergot?

From what I can tell, the amazonian piri piri is Cyperus articulatus and spider plant is Cyperus alternifolius. I have the latter and have determined it a wonderful cure for severe headaches. A weak decoction of the flower tops was used. Considering the traditional and modern usage of ergoloid alkaloids for headache treatment, tantras research seems to be justified by this medicinal experience. Just my two cents. I don't even know if anyone is still looking at this thread, but it caught my interest as I have the previously mentioned Cyperus sp. and a south african C. albostriatus variegata as well. Balansia cyperi may be more widespread than previously thought.

I MOWED OVER ONE OF THOSE LESS THAN A WEEK AGO. GAH. I really needed to read this topic earlier.

don't worry stonewolf, you'll probably soon have millions popping up in its place. i've found these near impossible to eradicate from my place, they just keep coming back.

if anyone has more than they want or if they are tryign to eradicate them please keep me in mind thanks

also in regards to the south american variety they actualyl have thousands of piri piri and each has a specific quality to the some are for child birth others for visionary, other for headaches and so on, i am not sure if it is the same plant used or prepared in different ways or if they are different varieties, i would go with the latter and a bit from the first.

but i am not sure.

Edited by hebrew

if anyone has more than they want or if they are tryign to eradicate them please keep me in mind thanks

Me too please :)

Yes, hebrew, I too have heard this about the many varieties. I think what I read was that the botanist was looking at some different Cyperus plants as identical(botanically), but the shaman told him they were distinctly different(shamanically.) Anyway, I should be receiving some "piri piri" and "black piri piri" from Maya this week. I think some bioassays are in order to compare and contrast these two types as well as the other two types of Cyperus sp. in my garden.

Any cultivation tips for Cyperus alternifolius?

I just transplanted half my seedlings to individual intermediate pots, they're ~ 7cm now :) Looking forward to experimenting.

My question is what are the optimal factors for good & rapid growth? Should the soil remain constantly moist, usually moist with some drenches, wet feet all the time? I know it can grow partly submerged or just moderately moist but i'd like to shoot for optimal growth and potency.

What of fertilizers? I know to avoid nitrogen ferts on plants like this in the 2-3 months before harvest to minimize nitrate buildup but will they respond well to fertilizers in the seedling and young growth stages?

How long should i wait until first harvest? I've read that they should be fair size before they are harvested for potency considerations, does it matter if its before or after first flowering?

Entering winter now, their conditions over the next 5 months will be something like 24°C days and 15°C nights bottoming out to a winter low of 10°, 50(±10)% RH

Has anyone tried this with Heimia or S. splendens extract to test for hallucinogen potentiating synergy?

Thanks to some generous folks i got mine via AFSR :) Any idea if that batch is the base species or one of the subspecies or varieties?

I think thats all my questions for now, i may have more questions and hopefully some observations in several months :wink:

My experience with these plants is that they are as hard as nails and will take any abuse thrown at them.

I grew mine in standard reused potting mix, in pots last year. They survived a fair bit of forgetfullness, i.e. times of not much water.

They also survived a few frosts. quite a few -2.0 mornings.

They dont take long to flower, and flower copiously.

basically they are super easy to grow. but yeah they do love water.

I havent managed to kill them so they must be pretty hardy lol.

Cheers, Ob.

most likely the seed is from a plant originally labeled cyperus alternifolius in a bot gdns.

if so the plant grows to about a metre with stems thicker than a pencil.

other variants are a plant which only grows to a little over a foot with stems thinner than a pencil .......

and another with leaves which are all of varying lengths ,relating to the spiral arrangement.

in the gardens the plants are cut back heavily after flowering.

t s t .

afsr should still have free freshish seed!

Edited by t st tantra