The Corroboree
t st tantra

smokable lsa's from common house plant!!!

I just noticed a large spider grass looking thing at work the other day, checking the photo's on this thread I'm sure its the one. shall be taking a sample of flowers tomorrow. maybe roots at some point in the future. a friend has been thinking of another hbwr experience in the next few weeks may pass on the flowers to him to see if there's any potentiation.

Hi all!

I also got some seeds from our friends at AFSR - anyone have any idea on germination time by any chance?!?!?!?!?!?

Cheers,

FNF72

Anywhere from 2 to 4 maybe even 6 weeks.

i kept the soil fairly wet and warm using a microwave food container. And they were by a window, so lots of light, though i dont think light is a huge factor.

I remember giving up on them so maybe it was 6 weeks, im not the patient type lol.

i just remember they all appeared at once one day. They love heaps of root space, so once they have germinated put them in a pot, of if you have a good spot in the ground. It wont take long to put out some growth and then put out a flower head.

Cheers, Obtuse.

For me I surface sewed into little indented rows in moist soil in a pot, covered with a glass petri dish, and kept the seeds moist by misting as needed, day temp ca. 27C, night temp ca. 18C. Around the 2 week mark 1/5 of the seed sprouted all at once, a week later almost all the remainder sprouted. I got over 80% germination from the AFSR stock :)

When they got to 5 cm tall I transplanted them to individual pots and played with the variables a bit, sofar it seems they grow slower in moist soil than they do in wet soil, they dont mind standing in water and having their roots completely soaked for over a week.. infact they seem to love it, they seem to grow better under high humidity versus 40-55% RH, and the one i gave fertilizers to didnt do any better than the others... a relief since fertilizing may make them accumulate toxic nitrates. All that was in store bought potting mix, starting to test now the difference between growing in soaked potting mix versus soaked loam.

keep meaning to get the root bulbs tested.

noticed overcrowded pots can fail to flower but can be chokka with bulbs......

t s t .

Thanks for the germination tips all!!!!!!! Have only sown them in a pot of sterile seed raising mix about three days ago & have been giving it a light mist each day.........

Another small question if anyone can answer it - the seeds I got from AFSR have a bit of foliage (that resembled tiny fern fronds) Would anyone know if they would be the seedpods?

i havnt been able to sort out what part is actually the seed but whole flower heads were collected and the frondy bits were flowers,now whatever holds the 'seeds' til they fall apart.

this is what is usually smoked.

t s t .

i havnt been able to sort out what part is actually the seed but whole flower heads were collected and the frondy bits were flowers,now whatever holds the 'seeds' til they fall apart.

this is what is usually smoked.

t s t .

Oh thank you for that - I may have to have a little sample :wink:

Cheers!

FNF72

Taking it back a step, could the seed coat of HBWR be filed off and kept for use, and the seeds then be planted?

I'm assuming it shouldn't be a problem but thought I'd toss the idea up first.

Peace

yeah I have a question about the hbwr 'husk' etc : Bought HBWR seeds seldom have any coat left, do you actually mean scraping the outer suface until you hit the really hard part??

I adopted a cyperus plant some time ago as I thought it was pretty. I will be back with some interesting photos ....

btw, very interesting thread....

but let me get that straight.... smoked or oral spidergrass seems to produce harmine/harmaline effects, only more stimulant?? [guess not, doesn't justify the LSA thing of this thread] Or the oral doses remind of a combo of harmine and LSA, but smoking is much milder [as far as LSA effects are concerned] ?

I also take it that it does seem to work as a MAOI, apart from aya brews, for which it has failed to work??

What about stems, leaves and, yes.. bulbs [tantra has been saying he was going to check them also] ? Are they usefull or you have found the most potent parts are the flowers?

Sorry about the many questions, just trying to make a revision about all this stuff in this so interesting thread

PS: Smoking a maoi involves the same kind of precautions for 24h before and 24hafter, just like an orally taken MAOI?

yeah I have a question about the hbwr 'husk' etc : Bought HBWR seeds seldom have any coat left, do you actually mean scraping the outer suface until you hit the really hard part??

I adopted a cyperus plant some time ago as I thought it was pretty. I will be back with some interesting photos ....

btw, very interesting thread....

but let me get that straight.... smoked or oral spidergrass seems to produce harmine/harmaline effects, only more stimulant?? [guess not, doesn't justify the LSA thing of this thread] Or the oral doses remind of a combo of harmine and LSA, but smoking is much milder [as far as LSA effects are concerned] ?

I also take it that it does seem to work as a MAOI, apart from aya brews, for which it has failed to work??

What about stems, leaves and, yes.. bulbs [tantra has been saying he was going to check them also] ? Are they usefull or you have found the most potent parts are the flowers?

Sorry about the many questions, just trying to make a revision about all this stuff in this so interesting thread

PS: Smoking a maoi involves the same kind of precautions for 24h before and 24hafter, just like an orally taken MAOI?

the wood rose,fruit,is about 4 seeds embeded in a fine powder.......this powder is what is refered to......there is often a bit left stuck to the seeds.

smoking spider grass appears to give maoi similar to smoked harmala alkaloids but with a bit clearer stimulation rather than the usual sedative edge.

torsten smoked lsd and got only light effects.....this seems similar......large amts still only had light lsa seeming effect.

brewed leaves,stems and flowers appeared to have maoi effects with 5meo shrooms etc but have not yet been verified for oral spice......it could be a different mao is involved,yet to be seen.....

smoked root or root bulb is prob the best part but the flowers work well and are a sustainable harvest.

mao precautions are prob not required,beyond what you might do for any strong entheogen......this whole area is often misrepresented.......give it 2hrs before and after if you feel the need........

smoking gives effects which are mainly cerebral ,there is usually little of the body effects from oral ingestion.

reports of oral piri piri root bulbs are of very full on effects from about a teaspoon brewed from memory.

that ok ?

t s t .

Sure man, cool, thanks :)

I will update with photos in a couple of days

Alright here i am

th_DSCN3752.jpgth_DSCN3755.jpg

these 2 plants I have noted in random spots in the city, one was outside a flowershop and another where a sewer is.

th_DSCN3758.jpgth_DSCN3775.jpg

And this is the plant I have, plus a photo of it's root....

Thought I'd share an observation since you mentioned difficulty in extracting seeds from the seed heads. On mine (grown from AFSR seed) some have flowers that have recently matured, the middle of the bundle turned greyish and became more porous so I cupped my hand under it and poked the grey bit- little brown seeds and chaff fell into my hand. So I harvested the mature looking flowers with half a meters stalk still attached and stuck them upside down in a container to release seed. Shaking the stalks makes more seed fall out as they dry. From the appearance of the seed/chaff mix thats falling out it looks like putting the mix in a glass and stretching panty hose over the top to the right porosity, inverting, and shaking should remove 2/3 the chaff.

I live in far north Queensland (in the rainforest) and see cyperus sp. growing literally everywhere -- usually most dense around the creeks. If I needed to I could find out what the species is (which I see most commonly)... but would it be worth (and safe) to do some experimenting with these? Would smoking or drinking a decoction of the root have interesting effects on it's own?

I'm interested in experimenting but I'm still quite new to the whole subject, so don't have much experience/knowledge.

i have tested quite a few members of this family in a number of genera and found similar activity in all of them.

some people notice the effects of cyperus alone, others do not.

i know of no adverse effects from this family,though if youre pregnant it should be avoided.

t s t .

Bringing back an old thread - sorta old - I was thinking, there is a lot of information on these forums dug deep, but it is often hard to get the information your looking for unless you search for hours. So, with this interesting thread in mind, we could do a sticky in another thread, relating to clever little tricks to consuming ethno's that people generally don't hear about. Eg: smoking spider grass or snorting the HBWR husk (which I will try).

Anyway, i'll see what you guys think. Otherwise, can I clear this up, spider grass IS an MAIO, right?

And, the HBWR, the whole 'pod' is almost powdery, it powders fairly easy when pressed. There is some powder inside the pod where the seeds are kept, there is also a fibrous coating that falls off easily. Is that the husk? That's what it appears to be. I would like to hear from anyone else who has tried this method. And, about the pod, would the pod be usable?

EDIT: Oh and, what would a mixture of HBWR seeds/husk and spider grass flowers combined and smoked be like? Worth any additional effects aside from either one alone?

And, It has been covered in this thread already I think, but for summaries sake, as above - what can spider grass be mixed with to potentate the effects of the other? And what is the oral dose of spider grass on its own?

:lol:

XP

Edited by eexpee

all what you ask is valid questions that other people propably have too. But there are not enough data about all this. This thread should contain the basics. You go on you own from then on....

all what you ask is valid questions that other people propably have too. But there are not enough data about all this. This thread should contain the basics. You go on you own from then on....

Okay, understandable. BUT, an important one of those questions in regards to safety: Is spider grass an MAIO?

And now that I think about it. Does the HBWR contain any harmful quantities of cyanide? I remember once reading that it had something to do with the nausea. If that is the case, would then snorting the husks avoid any cyanide ingestion as this method causes no nausea?

I will endevour to find out the rest - at some point. If there is anything of value in the pod I will report back.

XP

i don't know of anybody snorting hbwr seed husks, but i know that one of my friends told me getting effects from just cleaning/sorting/packaging large ammounts of those seeds, obviously breathing in the dust produced by this operation was causing this.

Okay, understandable. BUT, an important one of those questions in regards to safety: Is spider grass an MAIO?

And now that I think about it. Does the HBWR contain any harmful quantities of cyanide? I remember once reading that it had something to do with the nausea. If that is the case, would then snorting the husks avoid any cyanide ingestion as this method causes no nausea?

I will endevour to find out the rest - at some point. If there is anything of value in the pod I will report back.

XP

dont think its an MAIO.....but i have never heard of MAIO.

what should i say?

hmm,i dont think you have read the thread.....i know it is a bit confusing but all that we know is there as the topic developed overtime.

utse re hbwr/cyanide

t s t .

Lol, you know I meant MAOI.

Okay, will do with the cyanide thing.

Yes, I have read the whole thread. I just found it very confusing...

I wonder what the duration/come up of snorting HBWR husks is....

As people said something about getting effects from smoking some HBWR seeds, I might give smoking the pods a go and possibly making a nice smoking blend.

XP

Hmm, well after utse I have come up wit these threads of interest:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...hl=cyanide+HBWR

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...t=0&start=0

It would seem that the seeds don't contain any detectable amount of cyanide, which is good. The first thread doesn't continue any further, and discusses the presence of cyanide in the husks, which could be responsible for effects? If this is true, and considering the action of cyanide, it would seem to risky without conclusive evidence to smoke the husks or pods of HBWR. Is anyone able to clear this up? There is no interest in a hospital trip...

XP

the conclusion in this thread ,from an exp smoking sid and from smoking spider grass appears to be that smoking is not a very effective method of consuming lsas.

there is no scientific proof of maoi from spidergrass but bioassays as in this thread suggest it may have these or similar effects......harmala alkaloids have been found in the close relative carex..........

this is all in the thread if you read it!

t s t .