The Corroboree
Horus

3rd annual NSW Camp.

Im sure the long weekend is school holidays as well. But we really want you to come mate!

Some guys have been out lately and the site is firing mushrooms into hyperspace! Also road closures and stuff seem not to be at the g spot.

Anyhoo, whos keen for a SAB mini doof? I can get an awesome PA system, subs and a genny and some lights. I thought we could all bring an ipod or laptop or summat and have a "set" each. i have a few like minded guys n girls that are keen to tag along and learn how to id some common winter mushrooms.

Im sure Toby will pipe up and remark on the quality of this little system. It will be awesome! So who's keen?

Anyhoo, whos keen for a SAB mini doof?

You have no idea how good that sounds.

^^^ Fuck yeah! Why do I always have things on when these camps are organised?? I so badly want to go to a doof, and this would've been a perfect intro (for me at least).

what's a doof? :blush:

Yes it is a gorgeous system ! :)

I'd come, but I'm a shy little thing :innocent_n: .

easter yeah? i've fernagled like a half month holiday so i should come along. PA with subs is enticing, freezing NSW weather not so much.

True I had no idea. Thanks for link :blush:

*backs out of thread slowly, hoping nobody noticed my post*

im keen to come up during the day on one day, prolly the sat. go for a hunt then see whats going on at the caves.

easter long weekend doesnt fall on school hols, right?

so it's starting on the last friday of this month, correct?

can somebody tell me the name of the area so i can look up a rough idea of where it is? and somebody pm me directions/whatever beforehand please.

i've been itching to get back into NSW since last winter, there is just something about NNSW, i don't know what it is but i am drawn to it. this camp should get me started and some of you guys can probably suggest places to check out for the rest of my holiday. i'm buying a vehicle with four wheels and fucking hell looking forward to loading up with thermals and camping gear and heading south into the cold nsw bush goodness :D

i'll be sure to bring lots of things that make mushrooms extra tasty, i have only tried a few different types of mushrooms from woolies/IGA, so far i like the swiss browns.

Oh man wait till you try lactarius!!

Ill pm you some direction after the weekend. im going to go check out final spots for camping.

I'd come, but I'm a shy little thing :innocent_n: .

I wouldn't worry too much Marcel, from the SAB meets I have been on, everyone has been very nice and would only be supportive if you were shy. :)

pretty much all of us are shy little things, but combined we are all kindsa awesome.

All seriously man if you are a bit shy or anxious, or anyone is for that matter. Just pm me and we can start chatting and stuff get to know a few of us a bit better. Then youll be hella keen to come. It really is a awesome thing, i have made friends at these camps that will be with me for a lifetime or even longer. We all camp together shareing food and stories and laughs. Everyone should do it at least once!

On another note if anyone wants to bring stuff to trade, i think that usually is pretty awesome too.

... all of us are shy little things, but combined we are all kindsa awesome.

:lol::wub:

ah ha! short notice but i might see if i can get my shit together and get up there for atleast a night. would be great to see some old faces and meet some new ones. also i feel like getting outta town for a bit.

i used to be incredibly shy and anxious, but after pushing through it a few times to get to camps like this and ega its dissolved away. its well worth it. if you dont go because your shy you will regret it later, trust me on that.

Wow, you guys are a nice bunch. Now my interest really is aroused.

Where will this all be happening? O State Park way somewhere? How many nights?

it will be at a state forest some where near jenolan, exactly where im not sure yet. As im going out to check out a camp spot this weekend.

i am probably gonna dip out, hope everyone enjoys it as much as i was hoping to. i could probably make it there sunday or monday but that'd make my first break in 18 months too much like work. dunno tho, see how things pan out with the conversion to four wheels and my general readiness come friday.

if you cant make it this time man, your welcome to come doofin with us anytime!

Hadn't look at this thread for a while because of the date it's going to be on, but I'm down with the mini doof idea! Let's make this shit happen!

ok guys an update! we have a little system confirmed and a genny. We also have some decor and lights. We have thought that rather than have decks we shall have an ipod or laptop powered mini doof. If everyone brings some music we can all have a "set". This wayn no one has to stand dj'ing in the freezing cold and everyone gets a listen of everyone elses different music. We tried this before and it worked a treat.

I still havent got to the site yet although others have been out and the original g spot is still accessible and no dramas.

We will be setting up on the Friday although anyone is welcome to arrive then and lend a hand. We will prolly break camp and leave on the monday although if we're having heaps of fun we might stay till Tuesday.

Make sure you bring enough worm clothes and blankets and stuff to keep warm as it will be cold. We will have a spit roast on saturday afternoon although you should also bring some food as we may not have enough for everyone depending on how many show up. For Sunday we're planning on making a big communal pasta. We will bring plenty of pasta and sauce, but it would be awesome if everyone brought a little of a cool ingredient for pasta that we could all chuck in to a communal pot that would be heaps awesome. We will have a bbq and camp burner if anyone needs to use it.

If anyone needs directions please PM me and i will send them out next week sometime. We will have a G sign on the main road at the turnoff. Then it is just a couple hundred yard to the camp site, look for the bunch of weird people camping LOL.

Edited by El presidente Hillbillios

sounds so good. apart from the food, cuz people put pig lips, horse anus, cow hoof and turkey eyebrows in their food. i'll cater for myself, in fact me and tripsis will cook up a feast that would make the rest of you jealous if you weren't all so content with your racoon toe stew

!!

instead of getting my new vehicle fitted out for camping (it's not even going to be fitted out for driving in time) i will try to borrow a car and go tent-style. there isn't as much freedom in a car, having to find somewhere to set up a tent, so my vacation will be short and hectic instead of long and relaxing.

how cold is it gonna be? i have no idea, is it gonna be more than a few degrees minus?

Damn you people deciding to have this on the long weekend! :ana:

• Like 1