The Corroboree
RonnySimulacrum

Oprah - Can a Single Pill Change Your Life?

sweet. glad to see this.

heard about this on the rumour mill.

lookign forward to reading it.

Thanks Ronny for the link.

Cheers, Obtuse.

This is the same woman who did an episode in the early to mid 90s suggesting that MDMA users developed 'holes in their brains' based on some pretty ordinary imaging studies.

That being said, PTSD has some characteristics that I doubt MDMA would cure; Increased sympathetic nervous system activation, increased MSNA firing rates and abnormal epinephrine and norepinephrine beta receptor sensitivity.

interesting that sarah reported a visionary experience....

how common is this?

i am curious on the q of whether mdma is a psychedelic/entheogen.

t s t .

some bastard slipped a E-pill in my drink once. I cant contest the % of mdma but I had awesome visuals, altered state and an extreme change of perception, particularly with empathy. It also made me dance like a prick.

That one experience turned me. I felt empathetic for minority group and it switched off my typical use of stereotyping. Funnily enough, my worst fault, jealousy... also lifted that day. Gone forever. MDMA is cool

I rate it a psychedelic

Should I report my drink spiking to the cops? I dont think i was felt up

Edited by lickapop

classifying it is a curious challenge, tst. i think empathogen/entactogen is best, and we mustn't forget that not all ecstasy is mdma. it affects mood and behaviour in major ways, visual changes don't come close to that of tryptamines for instance, and only at higher doses anyway. i wouldn't call it an entheogen but it has valuable lessons mainly to do with, well, empathy and love. (and dancing).

Empathy in high degrees can be the most psychedelic thing ever.

The good stuff in large doses can produce incredible telepathy

cev's and of course time distortion. I reckon it rates :drool2:

Edited by mud

I'm hoping this article coming from Oprah's camp will give it a bit of clout for validity of genuine medical/psychiatric use without unnecessary stigma.

interesting that sarah reported a visionary experience....

how common is this?

i am curious on the q of whether mdma is a psychedelic/entheogen.

t s t .

The last most-mdma-like pill I had (overseas of course) a while ago produced visuals equal to around half an average tab of LSD (also overseas). No pill since has come close, and I don't believe that other one to have been anything other than highMDMA content ie. not 2cb or anything. That said, it could've been anything.

so kudos to you MDMA. You will always hold a special place in my heart :wub:

Piece V

Edit: I thought I would take my life story off this thread and share it elsewhere. I leave you everything else.

Edited by lickapop
  • Like 2

classifying it is a curious challenge, tst. i think empathogen/entactogen is best, and we mustn't forget that not all ecstasy is mdma. it affects mood and behaviour in major ways, visual changes don't come close to that of tryptamines for instance, and only at higher doses anyway. i wouldn't call it an entheogen but it has valuable lessons mainly to do with, well, empathy and love. (and dancing).

i think most agree it is an empathogen....i think ,esp after seeing samantha lee kelly's book, that mdma can connect one to the whole entheogen experience ,long term, even if not in the short term.....

t s t .

Negatised yet again for something which is completely relevant to the topic at hand... Cheers to whoever the fucktard is that's doing it. You must feel really strong!

• Like 1

I have always viewed MDMA with massive therapeutic potential, based both on my own experiences with it and what I've read of it. The ability of it to open one up and remove all emotional barriers, allows users to engage in very deep and otherwise painful (or even impossible) conversation, thus allowing them to work out what problems they may have. Obviously, it isn't a panacea, but I believe it would have a wide range of uses within therapy.

I agree that MDMA is primarily an empathogen, but I think it can be quite psychedelic as well, though not as much as MDA is one.

Good article, hopefully it will bring some more positive attention from the mainstream as a result of it.

I'm glad every time something like this pops up in popular media, the stigma that has been attached to MDMA in the wider population over the last couple of decades really bothers me.

I'm glad every time something like this pops up in popular media, the stigma that has been attached to MDMA in the wider population over the last couple of decades really bothers me.

do a google search for MDMA research and the US DEA. Have a look at who funded the researched that put out the stuff about holes in the brain and severely depleted serotonin affects in users.

I don't reckon MDMA is psychedelic. Pills might be, cause they are short cut in the process of making them to get them out quicker at a cheaper price to the producer. High quality MDMA from what I've heard and witnessed makes the user feel 'floaty' maybe some trails and whooshing... and at higher doses even sleep like states.

Pills tend to have something to back them, even if it is just caffeine.

Further the first few times a user has MDMA will be the strongest the fx are felt. It is not that pills are getting crappier... just that the brain only greets it in such an amazed way the first few times.

:)

There is no doubt mdma is psychedelic... it changes the way you think.

Stupid definitions. MDMA is an entheogen :)

P

i can't really see it that way, but i guess my own idea of an entheogen has been wrought by mushrooms and acid and anything too dissimilar from those doesn't fit my idea.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

I think dosed in the right enviroment could produce an entheogenic(is that a word?) experience.

For myself, MDMA can be an entheogen. For myself, LSA's can be an entheogen. Same goes for a few close friends.

do a google search for MDMA research and the US DEA. Have a look at who funded the researched that put out the stuff about holes in the brain and severely depleted serotonin affects in users.

:)

Yeah I know alllll about the retracted Ricaurte study and others connected to NIDA and all that stupid 'holes in your brain' stuff that we all know so well. The last time Oprah mentioned MDMA in a big way she did nothing but further demonise it but every little expression by wider society that maybe it isn't the nemesis of all that is good in the universe feels good to me.

This is the same woman who did an episode in the early to mid 90s suggesting that MDMA users developed 'holes in their brains' based on some pretty ordinary imaging studies.

That being said, PTSD has some characteristics that I doubt MDMA would cure; Increased sympathetic nervous system activation, increased MSNA firing rates and abnormal epinephrine and norepinephrine beta receptor sensitivity.

PTSD peliminary trials seemed quite successfggul undertaken in israel actually shows promise check MAPS website for further info

on the dispute as to whether mdma is psychadelic I think the rule holds true for a substantial number of PEAs, that at lower doses and for MDMA when i say lower I'm ptroobably thinking 150mg or under definitely only a mere stimulant a very nice one so I'm told but yes just a stim , at higher doses most active PEAs seem to have a psychadelic aspect , while I know the effect on neurochemistry is somewhat different take for example PMA or PMEA low dose a stim , high dose you may have well of eaten a bag of brug flowers pmsl

welcome back neo shaman

how do you guys define entheogen anyway? i'm really fond of the idea that they are drugs which provide an experience of god, but perhaps the definition is not usually so strict. my comments above relied on this particular definition.