The Corroboree

Question

I was looking around at the different lithop varieties out there and came across this picture.. there was no description or name to identify exactly which variety this is, any idea?

7Y03F1O1R4.jpg

22 answers to this question

It was on a lithop website, although it could have erroneously been uploaded on that page, that is possible.

At the same time you can get some lithops that look somewhat different than the regular type for instance Lithops divergens var. amethystina although this is easily identified as a lithop.

c0m6J2h7G8.jpg

Edited by klip247

yeah but there are some that called lithops that arent like pleiospilos nellii, alot of succulents in sth africa

Looks very similar to Faucaria sp Springbokvlakte

how fucking awesome are lithops. have had a few in the past, but have always broken my heartby dying suddenly. i even named them individually :(

you have inspired me sire to get a vceramic pot of various lithops. mad pic, nfi what sp & or var. though.

yeah they are great, ive gotten myself some seeds which ill be saving for some winter cacti/succulent growing, are you starting from seed incognito?

The pics won't load properly on my mobile so not sure what first pic looks like, but have seen some pink lithops online before. <3 I absolutely adore these little plants. How easily do they grow from seed? And anyone know a good place to get them from in Australia? :) What I love even more than the look is the feel of them... Like little pets I could just stroke them all day...

Edited by meeka

How easily do they grow from seed? And anyone know a good place to get them from in Australia?

right here : http://www.ozlithops.com/

also plants @ markets on central coast and i'm sure others.

they are cool and popular, not so easy sometimes but worth it.

:)

*grins* thanks & that place appears to be in SA so thats very cool. Lovely little smooth soft things I want some asap ;-)

If you end up getting any take some photos and post them up!

I will indeed. :) funny thing is, I forgot all about lithops until about a month ago. And to think i've been without their smoothy goodness all these years. Can't wait to get some again.

Looks very similar to Faucaria sp Springbokvlakte

I agree.

Lithops rock! My favourite succulents and they're very easy to grow from seed.

Lithops optica 'Rubra' are the pink ones that Meeka are referring to. :drool2:

Frithia species are pretty damned cool too.

300px-Frithia_pulchra_1002.jpg

frithia-humilis-1.jpg

NPF8031.jpg

3709587307_69020e5840.jpg

frithia-pulchra-sejancki-c_.jpg

med-fenestraria-ou-frithia-visoflora-15878.jpg

Edited by tripsis

:-o look at that carpet of them in flower!! And the flowers are just beautiful. Love the way they are all poking out like that. Ahh funny how a little plant can evoke so much emotion. I wanties! :lol:

Oh and thanks karode13, i'll be on the look out for that pink one too now I know its name! :)

I could get you some if you like meeka. They flower for ages! A single flower lasts a long time, closing up at night and opening again during the day. I think they were around $10 or $15 for a little plant where I've found them being sold. Both Frithia humilis and F. pulchra.

ooh ooh next month i'll pm you if you're able to get some then, cool thanks! :) think i'm in lithops love :lol: Love you too, corroboree plant forum *grins*

No worries, let me know when you're ready and I'll see if it coincides with me going out there. It's around an hour or so from where I live.

Impressive plant!

Lithops are not really as hard as claimed to grow. They just have their own set of instructions.

Even better, screw instructions, water only, and this sparingly, in late spring and during summer. Cease all watering on automn.

Clay pots are even safer

I read somewhere a plant need less than 300ml of water annually

PS: Yeah Frithia rules, thanks for letting me know, I got 2 of this one and it is very handsome. someone told me it needs the same handling as lithops

Edited by mutant

Not much experience with Frithia, only got my first ones recently, but apparently they're a little easier to care for than Lithops.

Thanks for the tips mutant, lithops must like the climate in Greece? Do you have any pics of your succulents? :)