The Corroboree
santiago

Recovering from FACEBOOK

Sounds Interesting, Dark Spark. Can you tell me a little bit more about that? bye Eg

I haven't logged onto facebook for about 3 months. I found myself going there whenever i had a spare moment and then, without realising it, hours had passed. The interesting thing is that I've simply replaced FB with this here forum :) At least here you guys share my interests and a similar general outlook on life...

I find it equally useful and frustrating. Great way to connect with like minds worldwide to share ideas and grow together. Also has the benefit of making all of us news reporters without it having to go through rupert murdochs editors 1st. As for it being a cia database, probably. Doesn't mean stay away to me, means lie about your details, i assume it's used to see what is trending, so fuck with it! Keep the bastards guessing. Just have to put up with all the info warriors and conspiracy nutz, new age fucking morons, lightworker idiots and any other cult you can think of trying to recruit you. Or maybe thats just me... When will people realise just because I grow the plants these new age idiots want to pay some plastic shaman hundreds of dollars to use, does not mean I have to share their guilt trips and moralisms?! Rant over lol :)

I never liked facebook. Nor did I like myspace. In general I have an issue with anything that standardises valuable human treats like communication or 'friendship' into a fast food package.

facebook_-_doing_it_wrong.jpg?w=480&h=384

doesnt sound that scary to me. If people want to find you and mess with you,.. they will find you and mess with you anyway.

You look like you're proud and rebellious, yet you've got the exact sort of attitude which TPTB want you to have...

Just have to put up with all the info warriors and conspiracy nutz

Using a Z instead of an S? You the man!

What in the hell is wrong with the human condition at the moment? I mean, since when did the curious and rebellious spirit become the disinterested and obedient spirit? Freaking lame, man!

Edited by synchromesh
  • Like 1

What in the hell is wrong with the human condition at the moment? I mean, since when did the curious and rebellious spirit become the disinterested and obedient spirit? Freaking lame, man!

Post traumatic stress disorder and a negative rienforcement pavlovian system of social control.

And smart arses who should be smacked get away with running their mouths on the internet, but rarely in real life do they have the balls they do online...

• Like 1

My friend just did some research into who is actually gathering your information. You would be interested to note that the CIA is profiling "groups". They are looking at the friends and friends of friends of all "interesting" people. This means just by accepting someone of interest you become part of the net. My flat mate knows a lot more about it then me, but the main company requesting information shares all its info with the CIA. This is not paranoid, it is simply the truth and you are all nut(z) to doubt it.

• Like 1

My friend just did some research into who is actually gathering your information. You would be interested to note that the CIA is profiling "groups". They are looking at the friends and friends of friends of all "interesting" people. This means just by accepting someone of interest you become part of the net. My flat mate knows a lot more about it then me, but the main company requesting information shares all its info with the CIA. This is not paranoid, it is simply the truth and you are all nut(z) to doubt it.

maybe people will move to the new google+ cos it "isn't facebook". well considering googles dubious privacy record coupled with how easy it's email system was hacked it'll probably be a greater boon for international data miners than facebook. just steer clear of mainstream social networks all together, imo.

Even if true, so what? The cia can profile me all they want. Just wasting their time, and if they are looking at me, all they are doing is wasting their time. I'm not stupid enough to announce anything illegal online. I really don't see what the paranoi is about.

And smart arses who should be smacked get away with running their mouths on the internet, but rarely in real life do they have the balls they do online...

Kinda like you're doing here, noob?

Even if true, so what? The cia can profile me all they want. Just wasting their time, and if they are looking at me, all they are doing is wasting their time. I'm not stupid enough to announce anything illegal online. I really don't see what the paranoi is about.

Because the CIA are only interested in people who break the law? Do some bloody research will ya...

maybe people will move to the new google+ cos it "isn't facebook".

:lol::BANGHEAD2:

You dont have too. Think about it.... Associations, what if tomorrow legislation was to suddenly change or your rights were to be voted away in some scare campaign. Why are people so fucking dumb. You think that because you are doing nothing illegal that you want to share your friend network and all the posts and updates that come with a whole network that surrounds you..... I bet if I came up on the st and asked you some of the information you gave FB about yourself, you'd be like "who the fuck are you" but your more than happy to just fill in the blanks on some ambigous website.

You don't need facebook. You don't need to arm the enemy.

They use this information to target you specifically. How do they know what buttons to press to win your opinion...... You see, Its not about putting you in jail, its about enslaving you. In order to win they simply get you to choose their options by telling you exactly what you want to hear..... and how do they KNOW what you want to hear.....

Simple

You tell them.....

Edited by Slybacon

Not using facebook because someone maybe watching is like saying I wont use melbs cbd because the cops are watching on camera. I wont live in that fear, that to me is fucking stupid. :P

If you think this forum isn't watched then you're dreaming. So, i guess we just sit in a box too affraid to do anything because someone maybe watching? Whatever :P

Of course they watch this forum.... But there is No personal information or network to use here..... You get my drift.

When you can speak directly to the guy that runs facebook, then come and see me. Otherwise there is a huuuuuge difference between the information shared.

Stay off the radar and you wont have to worry about all those camera's in melbs....

Edited by Slybacon

That's why I lie about my details on facebook. Not hard. As far as facebook is concerned I live in france, was born in germany and work at the universe lol.

That's why I lie about my details on facebook. Not hard. As far as facebook is concerned I live in france, was born in germany and work at the universe lol.

And what about your friends and relatives?

And don't get me wrong.... I have a fake FB page, I'm just highlighting the facts here, hypocrite or not. Some people have become complacent.

Edited by Slybacon

If the cia or any alphabet agency really wants to find you, they will, facebook or not. And don't get me wrong, I don't like that it's watched, I hate all that crap, but I wont let it get in the way of me living my life how I want to. I've met amazing people, with amazing plants through facebook. It's very useful in fighting against the big brother society i think. Through fb I got involved with the melbs 420 rally and spoke at it a few months back and will be again at the november one (nov 20th) defending our rights to not just weed but the entheogens the gov is trying to ban. I've managed to inform hundreds of people who didn't even know what the gov was upto in that regard. All what you make of it I guess.

^^^ I agree, and hence the value the public places on it. In all honesty tho I think it would be better in the hands of smaller networks like this site.

I'm not worried about the CIA coming to get me, but I am worried on the advice they give on pigeon holed stereotypes to make desicions that influence us all....

I think it can be useful to break stereo types. Most people think that drug users are uninformed uneducated or at worst evil lol. By posting scientific studies on the benefits of psychedelics for example showing that most are less toxic than aspirin, generate healing and understanding etc, we can smash the stereo types. And by networking we can be more informed than before, more organized in resistance and united. Divided we are easily conquered, united is a whole different story, and if takes a social network to do that, then so be it.

Not using facebook because someone maybe watching is like saying I wont use melbs cbd because the cops are watching on camera. I wont live in that fear, that to me is fucking stupid. :P

Maybe watching? They are watching! It's called FACE BOOK for fuck sake!

Anyway, I find the rest of what you said interesting. Because not only are security camera recordings mostly temporary and anonymous (unlike Facebook profiles), but they also dictate behavior as well...

If the cia or any alphabet agency really wants to find you, they will, facebook or not. And don't get me wrong, I don't like that it's watched, I hate all that crap, but I wont let it get in the way of me living my life how I want to. I've met amazing people, with amazing plants through facebook. It's very useful in fighting against the big brother society i think. Through fb I got involved with the melbs 420 rally and spoke at it a few months back and will be again at the november one (nov 20th) defending our rights to not just weed but the entheogens the gov is trying to ban. I've managed to inform hundreds of people who didn't even know what the gov was upto in that regard. All what you make of it I guess.

So you're saying that if a Facebook member was trying to escape the FBI (for example), they would still consider using Facebook? Anyway, it's mostly about profiling, not tracking. And if what you've said about yourself is true, then the spooks have probably got you down as a dissident ready for a future home invasion/blackmail.

Edited by synchromesh

And by networking we can be more informed than before, more organized in resistance and united. Divided we are easily conquered, united is a whole different story, and if takes a social network to do that, then so be it.

"The Age of Privacy is Over."

- Mark Zuckerberg, creator of Facebook

United indeed. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

You can sook about it, or do something about it. I choose to be active in what I believe, if that gets me home invaded, so be it. Atleast I'll hold my head up high knowing I didn't run and hide from what I disagree with. The fucks in power only get away with half this shit because people don't stand up to them, I want be bullied.

• Like 1

You can sook about it, or do something about it. I choose to be active in what I believe, if that gets me home invaded, so be it. Atleast I'll hold my head up high knowing I didn't run and hide from what I disagree with. The fucks in power only get away with half this shit because people don't stand up to them, I wont be bullied.

Edited by Bretloth