The Corroboree
mutant

WTF? How is reputation counted?

hmmmm my reputation is -13

I would swear it was 30something in the morning.

what on earth could have caused this?

how is reputation 'counted' ?

• Like 11

ive noticed someone's gone through your posts and negatized many, even older posts. Probably from your fight with teotz.

You seriously check your reputation that often? It takes effort to do that...

• Like 2

i'd say by making light of it pissing you off, the persn will be sitting their loling. should have ignored it, laughs.

• Like 2

That's serious abuse of the rating system if it's actually the case, and is against the rules. The person responsible should get a warning or something.

How the hell am I on +2

this is so bad for my street cred:p

Negatives people

Edited by lickapop
  • Like 2

Mine went from +30something, to -19 over a weekend. Why? Because one child here on the forums disagreed with my disagreeing with SOME of his puerile and juvenile posts and negatised them. I also told him I'd positised a couple of posts for HIS side of the argument, but he obviously either can't or refuses to read what has been written and then went back through my posts and negatised a whole bunch of mine just for shits and giggles.

I'd be annoyed if I were a regular seller onsite but since I mostly just buy from here (and have always paid up, to the point of being ripped off twice) it doesn't really affect me too much. The sheer immaturity of it just blows my mind though.

• Like 3

It should be abolished. It seems that it is only rarely used for it's intended purpose. And a lot of us are wasting a lot of time trying to bring those obviously spiteful negs back to neutral.

Is there a quick way to see which of ones posts have been rated (rather than manual sifting)?

• Like 3

Fancypants Hutch already said he didn't go negatising your posts, so maybe. Just maybe, it wasn't?

Also I agree, the rating system seems to be abused more often than it's not, if you're going to make a trade with someone and check their rep and see a -30 you might change your mind, despite them being a perfectly good member except for an instance when a childish argument takes place and someone or someones negs every one of their posts.

ok I guess I hadn't realised it was related with the neg votes so directly. It takes some devotion to vote 40 something posts of someone negative... I wonder who did it.... :P

i'd say by making light of it pissing you off

I'm not pissed off. I was just puzzled. Now I get it and it seems kind of funny to me.

and C_T, heh , it's hard to miss man you don't have to search for it. and thing is i didn't see any of my posts negatized, even those who were a bit offensive towards teotz, so go figure ...

anywayzzzzz

cheers

Edited by mutant
  • Like 3

I'd be annoyed if I were a regular seller onsite

Good point, that would really suck. Inflicting damage on someone's reputation just for kicks when it could possibly put a dent on someone's bank account is on the level of pond scum.

Does the rating system actually have anything to do with trading? I thought it was more to do with useful contributions to threads. I don't vote someone up or down based on a trade. If I think someone made a valuable contribution to a thread, or started a good one, I vote them up. If their contribution is useless, or drags the thread down, I vote them down. I do not vote them down simply because I disagree with their point of view.

Thus, if I see an argument between member A suggesting that I use pyrethrum to fertilise my cacti, and member B saying that I should use seasol, I look at their rep, and see that member A has -56, and member B has +72. I figure member A is just a fucktard and this is probably just one of his many useless or detrimental posts, and follow member B's advice.

Isn't this what the rating system is really for? I'm sure it's meant to be so we can judge the quality of information from certain members. This aint ebay.

and C_T, heh , it's hard to miss man you don't have to search for it.

ummm, it doesn't show on your posts, so you have to click yourself to check your status... that takes effort, not just reading new posts.

So if you enjoy looking at yourself, then you'll notice, everybody else won't...

I don't see why you would check yourself out, like chiral did, unless you had alterior motives.

If someone (who ever it was) had actually come forward and revealed the fact that hey had been ripped by chiral and warned the rest of us, instead of just going around negatizing his posts , then i think many people would have been more wary about sending him money.

i can certainly not speak for others, but i always had a vibe about him, and voiced it... as much as it negatised me.

To be honest I don't think I have ever checked someone's reputation before buying something from them here...I can imagine a situation where it would be a factor though.

I don't check people's reputation at all. Because I don't really care and I am scared they will think I am stalking them when they see I have viewed their profile. When I see people have viewed my profile it always makes me a little suspicious. :huh:

*sigh* Forum etiquette is complex sometimes.

When I see people have viewed my profile it always makes me a little suspicious. :huh:

lol, sometimes i click on someones profile by mistake trying to read a post, im sure this happens alot

No it has nothing to do with trading as far as I know.

Also, well, you know there is only so many times that I can say contact me, the trading forum mod, if you have a bad trade before doing anything public so that I can try to correct the situation behind the scenes without anyones name getting unfairly tarnished.

I know I can be slow and Im not online now and then but I usualy get things sorted out pretty quickly.

ummm, it doesn't show on your posts, so you have to click yourself to check your status... that takes effort, not just reading new posts.

So if you enjoy looking at yourself, then you'll notice, everybody else won't...

I don't see why you would check yourself out, like chiral did, unless you had alterior motives.

There are plenty of times I have to click on my profile, not related to "checking myself out". To send PM's, to find that old post I made about something but can't quite remember, to see if people have replied to something posted but can remember which sub-forum it was in etc etc.

There are plenty of times I have to click on my profile, not related to "checking myself out". To send PM's, to find that old post I made about something but can't quite remember, to see if people have replied to something posted but can remember which sub-forum it was in etc etc.

umm there's a little button there that has your siloette and a number of responses to personal messages, if you click that, you will never see your own profile or its ratio.

Just talking from experience, i reply to pm's, and i've never seen my rating... go figure?

But nice try :)

edit: wait up, checking posts make by others on yours is still checking yourself out if you cannot sift through the recent posts part.

Edited by C_T

umm there's a little button there that has your siloette and a number of responses to personal messages, if you click that, you will never see your own profile or its ratio.

Just talking from experience, i reply to pm's, and i've never seen my rating... go figure?

But nice try :)

Ah so there is, cheers mate for the tip. I'm not the most computer savvy person sorry :(

I reckon it would be good if there was rating options like ...

Generosity

reliability

humour

plant id/info accuracy

other.

You will see people get posatised a lot for humour and may be an unreliable trader. If one was to look at their profile and see +20 or something, they may assume that this member is good for trades. Or if someone has a drunken rant and gets negatised -6 but is a reliable seller,who's to know.

• Like 1

mutant, by the time I delete all of teotz's negatizes, flip all your retaliatory negatizes, and subtract all of the bulked up pity-positizes you got from this thread [yes, they are abuse too], then you're about even. You did get a lot of single negatizes from individuals for the way you handle teotz. he obviously has more friends than you give him credit for.

• Like 1

i honestly cant see the big prob with teotz..seriously.

he seems like a good,enthusiastic kid. we all have our shortcomings personality wise so really i think alot of peeps (as the saying goes) can see the speck in teotz eye but not the log in their own.

if he shits u dont read his posts! seriously!!

im glad t has taken the stand with teotz as he does. i see it as an admirable quality.

if theres one thing i have always detested in this world is that of bullying. i think its fucked up and stands out like dogs balls when people like to bait and have a crack at teotz then whinge and whine whenever the fella posts ANYTHING.

i think its a cunt act basically, and reflects poorly on the person who likes to shitstir and slag him off.

bullys are cowards, and i for one am glad that torsten sees it for what it is.

• Like 3

Hmm..I uswed a forum once where you'd give reputation through their username

and then dedicate merit to a partiuclar post or not.

It would only allow each person the opportunity to rate another member at one time

maybe the system just worked differently or something.