The Corroboree
kadakuda

Urgent help finding wild kratom in Borneo

be doing a road trip all around Sabah in a rental car this chinese new year with my wife. I really hope o find some kratom trees and if im lucky seeds...or a couple cuttings :)

Anyone know any spots to find them, unlikely but need to ask. perhaps more likely anyone knwo where to buy dried/fresh kratom leaves in sabah, or know the local names of them?

even higher on my list is the red fleshed Durian, D. graveolens, not sure how many tropical fruit freaks are here though, so hoping to get some insight on at least the kratom :)

any other cool plants ya know of there let me know :)

peace

It's only a wild guess.. but I'd assume they'd be mainly down along any creeks. I know in Thailand they are mainly found alongside the river beds. So if you come across any creeks/rivers then definitely have a good scour around those areas!

I dunno where you'd find 'em - or what they're called in Bahasa but I've dealt with a nice guy from Jakarta who will post you good quality powdered Kratom Leaf form Borneo and Sumatra(both Red Vein and White vein) to an Indonesian address if you're hanging in the one spot for a while - he grows somewhere on Borneo I think but I don't know if he'll give away where! ha ha Last I checked he was sending uncracked seed pods with every order.

I'll personally vouch for both him and his product - PM for the details if you're keen...

Cheers

I am not huge into sourcing kratom herb, what i really want to see is wild and farmed plants in borneo, in person :) I have a passion for seeing plants and animals in the wild, and I also have a farm fetish when i travel...

if you think he would be into giving a tour of his farm, i can buy some herb and seeds while im there, i would LOVE*** to! i will be all over Sabah, so if a car can get there i can too.

I am not huge into sourcing kratom herb, what i really want to see is wild and farmed plants in borneo, in person :) I have a passion for seeing plants and animals in the wild, and I also have a farm fetish when i travel...

if you think he would be into giving a tour of his farm, i can buy some herb and seeds while im there, i would LOVE*** to! i will be all over Sabah, so if a car can get there i can too.

There's no harm in asking I guess so I'll send him an email and let you know... One of the growers I quickly talked to in Bali said they weren't too keen on greater levels of exposure because the more well known the plant became in Indonesia the greater the risk of them having it banned... Crazy world we live in

Edited by Casuarius

Do the red ones still smell like vomit? :scratchhead: Fresh yellow ones are freakin awesome - I love going to Indonesia/Malaysia for the cheap fresh fruit! While I think of it if this guy is willing to show you around his plantation it will probably be on the Indonesian side of the border...will that pose any problems? Just thought I'd ask before I hit him up ;)

EDIT: Also remember that Kratom is illegal in Malaysia and pretty heavily penalised... Indonesia is fine though

Edited by krazykungfu

oh wow, really? guess its good to know before i start hitting the markets asking around for it lol.

I can hit up indonesia for a day or 2 so long as there are roads to get there.

the red is said not to smell. though there are red *skinned* ones that still stink. I am really hoping to collect seeds of as many different wild durians i can find, but i think my timing in the year is going to be for shit.

also not sure how well they will grow here. durians are the most super tropical plant i have grown. down to 13-15C and smaller plants show leaf loss and tip damage....fricken CRAZY!. we had a day this year (rather a night) down to 12c and out of 15 2 foot plants, i now have 2 alive....

... One of the growers I quickly talked to in Bali said they weren't too keen on greater levels of exposure because the more well known the plant became in Indonesia the greater the risk of them having it banned... Crazy world we live in

too crazy ...

i just got back from Bali ... thinking of kratom projects there, though i didn't come across any ... any possibility of locations/contacts? pm me if necessary ...

peace

ea

personally i think durians taste like shithole...made the mistake of getting durian ice cream once. tasted like the poo of an animal that had been eating coffee, curry, and mango. blerrr

you might be into that i spose

are we quite sure kratom is legal in indo? that is interesting and good...funny how the drug laws differ. does anyone know if indo has awful strictness when it comes to importing illegal substances? obviously they do for actual smugglers, but i am talking dubai level bullshit, aka microscopic specs of stuff getting compulsory jail time.

kada im sure you are familiar with the area but i have heard stories from friends involving trouble with border guards in that area...guns drawn etc. just be sure you have your passport etc and everything should be fine. oh and im sorry i cant help you with sourcing kratom lol.

hehe, that was a while ago. i have gone, found, brought it back through the airport and killed it already lol. And you are right, those fuckers are crazy anti drugs people. mostly islam which is more or less against drugs pretty bad. i cant speak for indo as i have only been to a couple little islands and didnt really look into these things there. in general SE Asia has stiff laws against drugs, its in the actual will to prosecute where they differ. malaysia will prosecute, that much i know.