The Corroboree
ubza_1234

don't cha hate it when..

It's fucking Alaska time ffs

Where's the NSA computer database? Not cooled under the ice I hope

Don't ya just hate it when your mate informs you that Osmocote sold specifically for veggie gardens contains lead and mercury in the coat to help it slow release?

Sounds nigh on criminal to me

Don't ya just hate it when your mate informs you that Osmocote sold specifically for veggie gardens contains lead and mercury in the coat to help it slow release?

Sounds nigh on criminal to me

Are you serious?! I use Osmocote brand potting mixes for all my veggies :BANGHEAD2::BANGHEAD2::BANGHEAD2::slap::slap::slap:

doncha hate it when.......

when.....

actually nah, there's nothing to hate, because you've made your decisions, and you're destined to live with them

it's going to take some time, but there's some badness down the line, not now , but when,

when.......

• Like 3

Don't cha hate it when you decide on sunday night: i am going to be really productive and organised next week and i am going to smash out those three huge assignments because i know i am more than capable of doing it without stressing or asking for extensions,

..and then you wake up monday morning to realise you have succumbed to the dreaded lurgy you were doing so well to avoid :(

Are you serious?! I use Osmocote brand potting mixes for all my veggies :BANGHEAD2::BANGHEAD2::BANGHEAD2::slap::slap::slap:

He was seriously pissed off. I don't use osmocote if I can avoid it, but only because I prefer to use organic products rather than chemicals so I don't know, but it might be worth checking out. I assume other chemical slow release ferts would be the same !

EDIT: I don't know where he got his info from (he told me he read the packaging) but according to scotts it's a soybean coating, they don't mention if there is anything else in that

http://www.scottsaustralia.com.au/need-help-articles/how-osmocote-works/

Edited by whitewind

Heavy metals are a very common thing in chemical based ferts unfortunately and is the reason I dont use cacti specific ferts for my babies despite producing very good results.

Its odd to hear that thyere are worrying amounts in a fert meant for consumables though.

• Like 1

Mercury and cadmium are common contaminants in superphosphate, they have to list it on the bag and there are legal limits for how much it can have. Cadmium has a strong association with arterial plaque & mercury is implicated in many diseases.

Almost all food in Australia is grown with superphosphate.

• Like 2

Dont cha hate it when you are fighting a battle you know you can never win

post-8023-0-80679200-1379035113_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-22117800-1379035208_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-73477500-1379035230_thumb.jp

This yellow flowered bastard of a weed is rapant across the 5 acre garden i look after.

Every single plant has a bunch of rhizomes, half of which inevitably fall off when you pull it out, so with every little plant i dig up, i know another three will eventually take its place.

There honestly must be several million of these damn things :(

But hey, i suppose its guaranteed work for a long while..

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Ceres

Never mind...

Edited by gtarman

Don't cha hate it when you're in the top 2% of the population in the world as far as income is concerned, but because you live in Australia, you still can't afford to live anywhere half decent without being an indentured corporate slave until the end of time.

Edited to reduce bitterness. There's my breakdown/outburst for the month out of the way :P

Edited by gtarman

Dont cha hate it when you have a bizarre and terrifying nightmare where you are a sitting duck, just waiting to be taken out by the malevolent energy which is stalking you through your dreamscape.. You realise that you are dreaming and manage to wake up, but this only intensifies your fear further because when you start to gain consciousness you feel a huge weight on your chest which prevents you from moving... The panic button goes off! You think this must be sleep-paralsis.. Until you realise that the weight on your chest is actually your cat!

...but dont cha hate it when you fall asleep again after about 15 minutes and go straight back into the same dream!

Dont cha hate it when you realise you could never remedy the situation with fear, and that all you needed to do was simply to cultivate love?

• Like 2

Don't cha hate it when you get treated like a parasite or a leper for asking for bulk billing at a doctor surgery and then get turned away, when you legitimately don't have the money to pay them?

...the average GP in Australia makes between $175,000 and $400,000 a year. Yet even when it involves legitimate and potentially serious health concerns, they still have the nerve to say that they won't help you unless they get $30 more on top of their $500 or so an hour. It's okay if my stomach explodes, because hey, that extra bottle of tyre-shine for your Jaguar is more important. What the fuck is wrong with people.

In the last 12 months, 8 percent of people who needed to see a doctor had to put it off or delay it because of the cost. That's almost 1 in 10 people in the whole country being turned away from receiving necessary medical attention for the sake of that extra bottle of tyre-shine. And now that Tony Abbott is prime minister, we can only expect things to get worse - when he was minister for health, the bulk-billing rate of doctors dropped quite significantly.

Edited by gtarman
  • Like 1

^

:( that really sucks dude.. Hope u are okay and have been able to get the treatment u need. Its horrific the way healthcare systems treat genuinely suffering people like scum because they dont have thousands of dollars to throw around :( :(

If anyone is a parasite its them for charging such a ridiculous fee, you would think ppl would actually want to help, but obviously not

i dont even wanna do my 'dont cha hate it' now, because i realise how lush i've got it

Sending good vibes to u Gtarman, and strength to fight the injustice

• Like 1

^

...and u end up on sab?

I know this all too well :P

• Like 1

Don't cha hate it when the "bro's before ho's" rule stops you from hooking up with your friend's really cute housemate :angry:

Is it because your friend likes her Gtarman?

Cause if not... Rules were made to be broken ;)

I wouldnt really consider it a rule anyway, its one of those things that people will say when it suits their agenda, and forget when it doesnt.

(Although this is coming from a nasty little vixen who once stole her flatmate's lover... So take my advice with a grain of salt.)

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 1

lol...vixen

I don't think so...but it was more just that I know if I was in my friend's position in that particular situation, I would feel weird about it and it would create awkwardness. It seems to create these weird dynamics where it takes energy away from the friendship, like a "so who are you really here to see?" kinda thing. And I figure at this rate it's only gonna be another 3 years or so until another cute girl shows interest in me, so all good :lol:

Lol, if its meant to happen it will mate :)

Nah I kid. I get the googley eyes from them every other day almost...I just have to work on being the kind of functional person who can actually capitalize on that hahah :P

Edited by gtarman

While squatting in the garden, I had a nut fall out and land on top of meh Borage...don't ya hate that!

Dont cha hate it when you see ignorant little fucks spreading misinformation regarding the psychoactivity of rare and endangered native plants!!

I'm not usually a very angry or violent person, but nothing else makes my blood boil like this and it makes me want to wring their stupid little necks before they cause any more damage.