The Corroboree
J Smith

Consultation on implementation of model drug schedules for Commonwealth serious drug offences

Did Anyone ever hear of any updates on this situation?

I would think they're still considering it.

Did Anyone ever hear of any updates on this situation?

Hi JDanger,

Your email to Public Affairs was referred to me, as I work in the area responsible for the public consultation on the implementation of model schedules for drugs, plants and precursors.

To confirm, we have received your submission in relation to our consultation process. Thank you for taking the time to provide a submission to this consultation process.

We received an overwhelming response in relation to the consultation process, in particular, raising concerns about the proposed plants schedule. We are working through these responses and will be undertaking further targeted consultation over the next few months.

The responses to the consultation process and the further targeted consultation will help inform recommendations to the Government.

Kind regards

Georgia

Criminal Law and Law Enforcement Branch

That was June 17th, I guess they're still going. The "further targeted consultation" kinda sounds like they're looking for a way around the main concern of the submissions, which would've had to do with the plant scheduling, specifically.

Will see.

"further targeted consultation"

That's bureaucrat language for, we need to cherry pick who consults so we get the answer we want.

Most departments do it nowadays, you only have to look closely at biosecurity or mining to see how the "consultation with stakeholders" process works.

so their going to abandon the public consultation and pass it through under the radar.

awesome, it'll happen next time around you just wont be advised of it until it's too late....

so their going to abandon the public consultation and pass it through under the radar.

awesome, it'll happen next time around you just wont be advised of it until it's too late....

Same-shit-L.jpg

allready posted this in youtube vid's but thought it might be relevant here too.

]

Is there any new information pertaining these 'pending' laws ?

Is there anything more that can be done for the cause or have all options been exhausted ?

Edited by tipz

wait till it is introduced to parliament, check what version they decided on, and then lobby anyone who will listen.