The Corroboree
saty

Season in Brisbane region

Hi All

New poster here, from Brisbane. I grew up in Canberra, and I was well attuned to the psilocybe season there. I'm now in Brisbane, and i'm hearing about there being a summer season? How does it work here? Not asking anyone to give up their secret spot, but am I likely to find anything at this time of year once we see some sun? What kind of environments?

Thanks!

A search will yield what you want to know. Try cow paddocks.

Edited by tripsis

early early early, beat the drying sun and the other pickers. i don't think rain will be a problem at the moment.

people reckon you can find 'em all year 'round but obviously it becomes much harder.

personally i'm deadset against trespassing onto anybodies property, so unless you're friends with somebody who owns cows you could try searching "PF tek".

Edited by ThunderIdeal

go up to sunny coast look for farms with cows, no cows in brissie is there?

too much rain at the moment and not enough sun. cow pies are getting saturated with water and not fruiting. but when the sun comes out again, bonanza time!

:shroomer::shroomer::shroomer::shroomer::shroomer::shroomer::shroomer::shroomer::shroomer::shroomer::shroomer::shroomer::shroomer::shroomer::shroomer::shroomer::shroomer:

no cows in brisbane? maybe not the in CBD :) , but brisbane is a pretty big place! go for a sunday drive in the outer suburbs...

personally i'm deadset against trespassing onto anybodies property

Has anyone asked the owners if they can look for mushrooms?

Has anyone asked the owners if they can look for mushrooms?

i have jumped a few fences in my time when i was a youngen but these days if you head straight up to the farmers themselves and tell them that you study different types of fungi spores at a credible university and obviously dress the opposite of a hippy they usually take you to exactly where you want to be its like a guided tour newimprovedwinkonclear.gif

Edited by Razor

that's awesome.

i don't trust farmers though. i don't trust them not to lead me out of sight and then lock me in a dungeon where i am forced to milk cows and change the oil in their tractors.

that's awesome.

i don't trust farmers though. i don't trust them not to lead me out of sight and then lock me in a dungeon where i am forced to milk cows and change the oil in their tractors.

haha!