The Corroboree
qualia

indoor trichocereus?

hello,

i'd like to grow a little tricocereus of some sort and was wondering if they're fine for indoors?

i live in a studio apartment and personal belongings in common areas are banned, plus i've had cacti in pots stolen from previous apartments. the window i have gets sun in the morning and obviously indirect light in the afternoon, when its open it's quite well lit. will trichocereus do ok indoors?

thanks for help,

qualia,

p.s. how do you pronounce bridgesii?

bridge-easy-eye

Edited by Moses

They'll do fine, but will probably grow fairly slow. i have a couple of brigesii indoors at the moment while i sort out a new home for them, and they are still growing fairly fast, but a bit deformed (losing ribs)

keep them at your parents house if they will let you, we got too excited with cacti collecting while living in a flat.. moving house was a BITCH

keep them at your parents house if they will let you, we got too excited with cacti collecting while living in a flat.. moving house was a BITCH

LoL ! tell me about it, i just moved house recently and i had 2 trucks worth of plants and cactus. yes it is a BITCH.

haha oh dear that would have been fun ;)

the problem is you never quite notice how bad its getting till the time comes. cacti collecting has made me want to put some roots down somewhere and never flat again (aged 19 lol)

thanks,

i don't mind them growing slow, they're simply ornamental at this stage.

also i don't envisage i'll get more than one or two so transport won't be a problem,

thanks again for responses!

bridge-easy-eye
for real? ive been saying it wrong all this time!

hahaha yea me too

and yea collecting plants in general makes me want my own property to plant them all in the ground (where they belong)

also i don't envisage i'll get more than one or two so transport won't be a problem,

Bahahahaaaa! That's the funniest shit I've heard all week!

You just try and stop at only one :lol:

Bahahahaaaa! That's the funniest shit I've heard all week!

You just try and stop at only one :lol:

haaa haaa haaaaa!

You bad bad man lol. I say it brid-jess-ee-eye, potato, potata, tomato, tomata. Be careful blowng, the pronunciation police are watchin and listening and they will get you, oh yes, they WILL get you!!! They cruise around with the grammar detectives ready to fuck everyones day.

Edited by PD.

fuck don't quote me i just threw that out there as it's how i was told. :lol:

Im scared to utter any cacti names now, i don't have any real life conversations about cacti really ,so no one to teach me correct pronunciation, brid-jess-ee-eye is how i had thought it to be... how about Trichocereus? I heard a some say it like ''trick -o - seious'', i always thought it to be, trike - o - serious... yeah ya, potato , patota!

Edited by blowng

fuck don't quote me i just threw that out there as it's how i was told

Haha, i say it the way i first heard it and its prolly wrong but once ya start usin it a certain way its hard to change. The only one i have been able to change my pronunciation with is spachianus, i used to call it spash-ee-anus now i call it spack-ee-arnus.

Lol, who cares

heh,

i was pronouncing it in my head as bridge-ay-zee-eye,

i assume it was named by someone of the name bridges?

Haha, i say it the way i first heard it and its prolly wrong but once ya start usin it a certain way its hard to change. The only one i have been able to change my pronunciation with is spachianus, i used to call it spash-ee-anus now i call it spack-ee-arnus.

Lol, who cares

Shhhhhhhhh the taxonomists out there will be having hissy fits :lol: