The Corroboree
LikeAshesWeFade

Bioassay on Kronic - Skunk Blend

getting something that looks ok but is actually crud. Or getting something thats half dry and heavy as hell so you end up with half Oz for $350.
nobody gets prices like that in brisbane. you'd have to be friends with a grower or something.

Hang on...what?! How much is weed these days? I don't smoke, so don't know, but a few years ago it was $300/oz. Has it really gone up that much?

a decent contact & one can grab the real mary jane for 180 a oz....even 300 is expensive...purchase an elbow!

more ppl smoke pot then tobacco nowadays and im amazed at what ppl will pay for it! And the price of that artificial crap, i hate to you ppl but your gettin ripped hardcore!

LOL!

Edited by applesnail

Hang on...what?! How much is weed these days? I don't smoke, so don't know, but a few years ago it was $300/oz. Has it really gone up that much?

In South Australia I read once in a magazine about newspapers...

ok yeah

$25/2g upto $25/2.8g depending on how friendly your dealer is and the deal they're getting.

$200/oz upto $250/oz depending on availability/desperation.

$2500/lb upto $3200/lb again depending on availability but also quality. Lately you won't get a $2500/lb unless it's shit weed, rock bud or seeded like all hell.

That's what the magazine about newspapers said... that I read... one time

interesting thread. Thing about weed now days is it isnt really natural - its out of whack grown under hydro lights and sometimes sprayed with flyspray, etc. Your outdoor bush weed is natural.

The synthetics will be banned in five minutes anyway. That you can guarantee.

interesting thread. Thing about weed now days is it isnt really natural - its out of whack grown under hydro lights and sometimes sprayed with flyspray, etc. Your outdoor bush weed is natural.

The synthetics will be banned in five minutes anyway. That you can guarantee.

Damn straight.

IT'S not every day that a minister of the crown gets snapped clutching a bag of ''weed'' on a busy city street.

But the NSW Minister for Mental Health, Kevin Humphries, acquired the synthetic marijuana in an attempt to highlight concerns about its use and sale.

Mr Humphries has this weekend asked police to test batches of ''Kronic'' and ''Northern Lights'', considered a high-potency synthetic cannabis, that is being sold legally over the counter across NSW.

Advertisement: Story continues below

It is feared the products can have a potency up to 100 times higher than marijuana. Users have reported hallucinations, palpitations and even psychosis.

NSW is expected to join Western Australia in a crackdown on ''legal weed''.

The NSW government has become aware of miners in the Hunter using Kronic, which can be smoked and taken in pill form, during work shifts.

Mr Humphries, whose office bought a bag of the product over the counter in Sydney's Oxford Street, is calling for a national response. "Because of the reported popularity of this product by miners, its availability in the Hunter region, and the obvious OH&S issues this brings, I have expressed my concerns to the mining sector,'' he said.

Mental health advocates, including the state's chief psychiatrist, Associate Professor John Allan, are concerned at the use of Kronic and Northern Lights, which are being sold in tobacconists and bong shops and on the internet.

While there was no reliable research into Kronic, Professor Allan said it was known to contain high-potency cannabinoids.

''There is very clear evidence that regular use of cannabis by young people increases their risk of developing schizophrenia and other psychosis,'' he said.

The West Australian government has moved to outlaw its use.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/why-is-this-mp-buying-a-bag-of-weed-20110611-1fxzg.html :bong:

Users have reported ... psychosis.

uff .... i spose this is the same reliable psychiatric diagnosis as seeing someone shit faced on booze yelling "i'm fuckin' schizo man!"

yep,, i can imagine someone saying "yeah i smoked it man, i could have sworn i was psychotic..."

but seriously, don't you think it kind of diminishes the plight of people with real psychosis to have the term bandied around with such ease?

maybe i'm just being sensitive, who am i to say people weren't actually psychotic as opposed to being merely shit faced,

i still hate the MSM though,

• Like 1

I might burn some of the Kronic Karma blend incense tonight (strong blend) i think 1.25g for around 30 nick a touch pricey for incense,

package has a little info in it but very vague, was told it smells like a good quality tea

Edited by mac

I might burn some of the Kronic Karma blend incense tonight (strong blend) i think 1.25g for around 30 nick a touch pricey for incense,

package has a little info in it but very vague, was told it smells like a good quality tea

What was your view on the Kronic?

After the 3day weekend having a quiet toke each day, I'm not too sure what to say about the sythetic vs natural, can see both sides of the story, the major factor for me is the lack of info about the product, and its safety.

Getting stoned for me is not something I really get into nowadays, can see why this stuff could be really popular tho, if its banned well thats me out, its not that important to me, I guess people will just stockup while they can.

Being "synthetic" didn't seem to take away any ability to let your mind go and roll with different thoughts and ideas that come in.

Kronic Conclusion:

Would I stock up on a few kilo and smoke it like it was going outa fashion, no

Never touch the stuff again, nah

now its getting banned ill let out the secret, all these fools were getting kronic, it was the redback they should have been getting...........4 times as strong and mildly tripping effects, no headaches, no over-urinating, yes redback hit kronic for 6 and then some.

posted this previous but for anyone who didn't see it; i heard a rumour that synthetic cannabinoids can cause lung tumours (as in, the chemical themselves, not the nitrosamines from the smoke). i havent checked if this has sound basis yet but personally i am out until i have. that being said i will continue to collect synthetic cannabinoid blends until they are outlawed (and possibly even after) as i find them very interesting to have in my collection, even if i don't use them.

anyway (edit: anyone) know the legality of jwh etc in aus? very interesting to read the erowid reports of people ordering grams of the stuff for cheap...would it make it through customs??

Edited by frank

now its getting banned ill let out the secret, all these fools were getting kronic, it was the redback they should have been getting...........4 times as strong and mildly tripping effects, no headaches, no over-urinating, yes redback hit kronic for 6 and then some.

Redback hey, anyone tried other blends? how about Tai High

northern lights "skunk" is the strongest ive tried. Kronic is the worst one out IMO, it tastes like bushfire and gives terrible headaches

posted this previous but for anyone who didn't see it; i heard a rumour that synthetic cannabinoids can cause lung tumours (as in, the chemical themselves, not the nitrosamines from the smoke). i havent checked if this has sound basis yet but personally i am out until i have. that being said i will continue to collect synthetic cannabinoid blends until they are outlawed (and possibly even after) as i find them very interesting to have in my collection, even if i don't use them.

anyway know the legality of jwh etc in aus? very interesting to read the erowid reports of people ordering grams of the stuff for cheap...would it make it through customs??

Interesting frank I didn't hear about that rumour, it will be interesting to find out if this is true.

I have just heard the WA will be the first state to outlaw Kronic and once it goes ahead it will not be to long b4 all the other states follow suit.

Seems that since WA is doing it, I wonder how much influence the mining moguls have over our governments (corporations influencing the legislative process ?) democracy or a capitalist dictatorship?

After all WA would just be a shadow of what it is without the mining industry so the government has to do what they say.

All the mining companies will be happy, can't have people turning up to work smashed off their heads on something they can't detect or even something they have no control over.

THC is a partial agonist of both CB1 and CB2 receptors which seems to trick the brain into believing it has already activated GABA and glutamate neurotransmission and thus reduces neurotransmission of both. This is balanced in bushweed by the synergy of its its cannabidiol content - which is only mildly psychoactive, but with no affinity to CB1 or Cb2 receptors and activity mainly on the 5-HT1A receptor with a calming and antipsychotic effect. It seems to also have other effects on immune responses and oxidisive stress. It also has a nice effect on the adenosine transporter, increasing adenosine signaling. (caffeine does the opposite).

Synthetic cannabinoids - such as JWH-018 are full agonists of CB1 and CB2 receptors rather than partial agonists and they do not contain any other chemicals that may mediate or counter-balance the effects of increased activiation of both these receptors. From some texts JWH-018 also seems to also effect GABA more than glutamate, increasing sympathetic drive, decreasing the seizure threshold and being more likely to move towards panic or anxiety responses. So its more potent, less tested and more likely to effect you negatively.

On the other hand JWH-133 has no affinity to CB1 receptors thus has no psychoactivity, and its activity is purely based on agonising the CB2 receptors. This receptor has a number of potent effects on cAMP related vasodilation, immuno responses and inflammation. All of which may be effected from long term exposure to THC or synthetic cannabinoids. As an example, it could be possible that chronic exposure to THC could downregulate expression of Cb2 receptors, etc.

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

Interesting frank I didn't hear about that rumour, it will be interesting to find out if this is true.

I have just heard the WA will be the first state to outlaw Kronic and once it goes ahead it will not be to long b4 all the other states follow suit.

Seems that since WA is doing it, I wonder how much influence the mining moguls have over our governments (corporations influencing the legislative process ?) democracy or a capitalist dictatorship?

After all WA would just be a shadow of what it is without the mining industry so the government has to do what they say.

All the mining companies will be happy, can't have people turning up to work smashed off their heads on something they can't detect or even something they have no control over.

alcohols legal, and though i don't work in the mines i'd put money on there being a "no alcohol at work" policy in a miners contract. indeed, to me even being able to detect it and having a " no synthetic cannabinoid" policy in a contract is good enough, if though it is because of the miners rocking up shit faced. no, what we have here is a conservative governments reaction to "drugs", i.e. some thing that's like weed is automatically seen as drugs, therefore must be banned at all costs. remember, this is the same government that wanted to make homosexuality illegal for people under 18 (yep). this is purely about being "tough on drugs". oh, and if you look at the mining companies interference in federal politics there's really no need to wonder how much influence they have over legislation.

It will be interesting to see where the country goes after the mineral boom...

Was not former prime minister kevin dudd ousted for his attempt to tax the mining industry & failure too meet the demands of big business. The details of which still will not be disclosed to us the general public, so certainly big industry can lobby federal level politics and shape policy for the protection of profit margins and knowledge of continued lax policy. Another parallel to this is the recent success of the police to lobby the state for policy/legislation change... scary

Edited by -YT-
  • Like 1

remember, this is the same government that wanted to make homosexuality illegal for people under 18 (yep).

..but how will that help the mining company's profits??

but yeah it's definitely not about showing up to work under the influence. i have enough trouble operating a playstation under the influence, let alone complicated machinery underground in a very dangerous environment. if people ARE showing up to work high, maybe the companies should invest in better recruitment tests?.. because anyone who thinks that the former is a good idea is a fucking moron.

i think it's more likely that the government wanted to ban it and this is a convenient excuse, as people see mining as important for the economy bla bla and that by showing (insinuating) that people use the drug in such risk environments it MUST be dangerous. but yeah i doubt the companies will ban drinking while off duty any time soon...

that being said i do not doubt the level of skullbuggery that goes on between the mining corps and the governments. and the police forming policy sucks a fair bit as well. hopefully if enough this sort of shit is kept up, people will realise what a sham 'democracy' is. libya here we come! :uzi: (also i believe the gun in this gif is not an uzi but an ingram mac 10.)

I just went to the website and the skunk is now $305 an oz Australian... doesn't seem too legit to me, personally i believe it grew from the ground first so thats where I'll reap it from :wink:

forgot to report back

it wasn't bad but first try was after drinks was gigley & fairly fun a bit more like a first time or part time pot experience but a little more clear headed than Mj

burnt 2 cones of incense while straight next night & wasnt any more anxious than if it had been a couple of cones of decent mj, took the edge of a hangover nausea wise

it tasted & went down like a bush fire as someone mentioned earlier in the thread still have about half of the 1.2g we started with but yeah at 35 nick for 1.2g of bushfire kronic (karma) i cant see it being too popular with regular pot heads

Edited by mac

There all selling up and shutting down, new legislation dude's.

Kronic's having a massive sale and closing down.

W.A. and Tas are banning it.....I'm not saying cash in,just letting you know as I subscribed to their newsletters.

I wonder if they'll start tracing back C/C transactions back to the buyers i.e. some of you folk?...especially if you buy bulk which is what they are pumping out at up to 50% off.

Only a matter of time before possession will get you in the shit...shame,though I can't afford it and don't smoke it but it would be cool to have one of each unopened as collectors items :wink:

nice scare tactics mescalito.

where's this source for "Kronic's having a massive sale and closing down." ? Or did you just make that up?

Kronic is offically iilegal in WA from today! see hear for last nights antics>>> http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/police-close-the-bakery-to-stop-kronic-party/comments-e6frg13u-1226076592860

Total abuse of police powers!

EDIT The rest of australia has a month because Kronic australia is shutting down in 1 month

Edited by Bush Turkey

Hmm, below the "Closing down" banner on the kroni c website, the have an advertisement

"New!

Legal formula!

100% legal in all states inc WA"

"Our strongest blend yet!"

That didn't take long for them to find a replacement. Or am I reading an outdated add?

Lol, THIS time it IS legal! That's hilarious :)

WA Mental Health Minister Helen Morton said on Monday that the products had been banned on health grounds and people had until Friday to drop their stashes off at a police station. :rolleyes::lol:

It is feared the products can have a potency up to 100 times higher than marijuana.

Hahahaha